LED desto failures

Started by Busfanatic101, February 24, 2015, 05:14:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Busfanatic101

404 had a dead desto with big paper signs on the window saying the route. don't recall seeing many diesel mans with broken destos

King of Buses

Quote from: Busfanatic101 on February 24, 2015, 05:14:53 PM
404 had a dead desto with big paper signs on the window saying the route. don't recall seeing many diesel mans with broken destos

It's fairly common. I think it was 406 that had one that was playing up last week.

Quote from: King of Buses on February 24, 2015, 07:23:20 PM
It's fairly common. I think it was 406 that had one that was playing up last week.
Have you got figures to back up your "fairly common" statement? I've lived in Canberra for just over five years, and have never seen a MAN with a failed desto.

King of Buses

Quote from: 743 on February 25, 2015, 01:42:19 PM
Have you got figures to back up your "fairly common" statement? I've lived in Canberra for just over five years, and have never seen a MAN with a failed desto.

I usually see a couple a month. Generally the earlier MAN diesels (390 to around 414 or so) and the MAN gassies (particularly 375 and 377 I've seen stuffed up a few times...they seem really dim when they're working too). Generally though, they aren't too common to see unless you're looking closely (they're easy to mistake as dead running buses with the desto off - unless you look for the paper sign!). I'll see how many I have photos of...I should have a few...its just finding them.

Barry Drive

The sole Mobitec LED (311) is having problems. Probably has been for weeks: its display is strobing.

I noticed it a few weeks ago, but it's doing it again today.

Might be easier all round if they put a Hanover in it.

King of Buses

Bus 503

Bus 540's back desto has not been functioning right (or at all) for the past few weeks. The back desto displays nothing even though the front and side are working fine.

And I only recently seem to have noticed that 511's side desto is working fine.

King of Buses

499 has got something wrong with its front desto too. The columns of LEDs (if thats how you explain it) next to the number towards the centre of the screen are significantly dimmer than the rest but correct at about the middle to the offside of the bus   :-\
Bit weird...

Sylvan Loves Buses

Yeah, I've seen a few too, I saw one desto flickering the other day and was going to report it to ACTION, though I forgot what number it was :o it was either 416, 418 or something, it was something specific cause I was actually after that bus so i could colour it in for one of my artworks, it's probably fixed now though.
I have seen a few PR3s have a few desto issues too lately.

Barry Drive

Since there was a spare one available, 311 has had a flip-dot fitted to replace the troublesome LED Mobitec.

Skitube

think it was 551 i spotted today, side desto has 2 extra LED on when the desto was meant to be off, one was showing a bright red colour (overheating?)