Your opinions please.

Started by Busfanatic101, October 17, 2014, 12:07:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Busfanatic101

I'm doing a assignment on Urbanisation focused on Buses in Canberra. I would like to hear about major issues in Network 14, especially Gungahlin, belco, weston creek, and kingston/russel/majura park etc.

• Areas previously serviced in Network 12 with many passengers, which are no longer serviced
  • Routes with regular overcrowding, especially with passengers being left behind. (and times)
  • Routes which only have 1 or 2 people ever using it (and times if applicable)
  • Route sections which take extra time (such as the 67 going through erindale), but aren't collecting passengers or don't have any benifits

King of Buses

Quote from: ... on October 17, 2014, 12:07:36 PM
    • Route sections which take extra time (such as the 67 going through erindale), but aren't collecting passengers or don't have any benifits

Route 88 - The runs which operate to Chisholm Shops - 20 mins from Hume to Chisholm? Its just...bad. And I won't mention it takes another 20 mins back to Hume (hence why there have been reports of buses in Loading docks and carparks at Chisholm...) Short 88's are fine.

Oh and the dilemna of Weston Creek Xpressos (725) that were 'missed'. People are still complaining about this. As well as the daytime 14,15,18,19...people preferred the 314, 315, 318 and 319 that ran all the way...Now the 7-8 mins Blue Rapid (300, 313, 343 combo) during off peak are getting more crowded (the PR2 that was running a 313 a few weeks back from Tuggers was full by the time it reached Woden...at about 1300...

Hope that helps  ;D

Barry Drive

If it's opinions you're after, look no further than twitter. In particular @GillKing01 @kwazikat and @CanberraDavid. But ignore the demented ravings of @ACTbusspotter

Just don't forget that despite all the ranting and raving about "my bus was cut" and "I have to change buses to get to work", that there are now services to Wright, improved/modifed routes to Bruce, Crace, Casey and Harrison and more frequent services to Macgregor, Dunlop, Nicholls, Ngunnawal and Red Hill.

smitho

Quote from: King of Buses on October 17, 2014, 01:29:33 PM
    ...Now the 7-8 mins Blue Rapid (300, 313, 343 combo) during off peak are getting more crowded (the PR2 that was running a 313 a few weeks back from Tuggers was full by the time it reached Woden...at about 1300...

Hope that helps  ;D

Yeah, I did that lunchtime 313 in the first week of the new Network and it was certainly packed from Mawson through to Belconnen. Assumed the intertown before this run had not operated.

Busfanatic101

Please please pleeeeze complete this Survey. It is open to everyone, not just actbus users, and will help me greatly. It will take no more than 10mins

Thanks

https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/HGBPHSH

Busfanatic101

If you haven't already done so, please do this survey. It will help greatly and is ONLY 2 pages long and 1/2 of it is multiple choice  :-\ 

I will leave it up until Sometime towards the end of the week- Sat or Sunday

Barry Drive

Points deducted for the following -

QuoteYour response may be ragarded INVALID if you do not complete the whole thing

Also for including a "None of the above" option for a multiple answer. (Just make the question optional.)

Overall score: B-

Busfanatic101

The reason I've put
    QuoteYour response may be regarded INVALID if you do not complete the whole thing
    in is that there are lots of people who don't do the second page of questions with the long answers, and that is the most important part. Just noticed the spelling mistake, will correct it. And at least by having a none of the above, I know that the person isn't just lazy and has actually read the options (hopefully)

And, this isn't the actual assignment, its just collecting data for my 10min-ish video about issues in buses and how they can be fixed

Busfanatic101

Thanks for all those who did the survey. This helped us collect some stats for our data.

Our 15.5min video (done by me and user 'Antonio') focused on reducing overcrowding on buses was a great success (we received an A). Thanks again to all ACTBus users and contributers to the bus fleetwiki etc., everything on actbus and the forum, everything (esp. stuff posted by "...") helped a lot.

Don't get me wrong, this doesn't mean this will be the end of me :P as I loooooooooooooooooooovvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvveeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee buses : ;) :D