ACTEWAGL - we've been told to cut down trees

Started by p_stampy, March 24, 2011, 06:44:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

p_stampy

So, apparently the ACTEWAGL people were in my backyard yesterday and have said that a couple of trees are too close to powerlines. Fair enough, they probably are. I'm wondering how they got past my ferocious dog in the first place lol.

Anyway, one tree we might be able to chainsaw down ourselves, but the other is too big.

Has anyone had to pay for tree-loppers, and would you reccommend them?

Ben is going to give a few places a call today, but I don't even know what kind of price these things are.

We don't know anyone else with a chainsaw who'd be willing to do it for a case or two...

CNG

Go on the actew agl website I think they have a list of ActewAgl accredited tree surgeons.

Snorzac

Sorry, wouldn't be able to help you with any tree surgeons, here In page the trees fix themselves

p_stampy

Yeh, we've got a list -I was looking for someone who may have had someone in who they thought were good.

haha, very true Metro...

Busnerd

I would just make actew pay for it :P It's their infrastructure. if they don't like trees being too close they should move the cables underground :P

p_stampy

Busnerd

Sir Pompously

Sadly Mat, as you own the property you also own what is on the property. As the infrastructure is shared, it is everyones responsibility to ensure that items that are your property do not impede on shared infrastructure. We had them come in and tell us to lop off some branches using a tree surgeon, everyone just ends up cutting them themselves. We only had a few branches though, not trees.

p_stampy

We looked & decided it's most likely too dangerous to do it ourselves (size of trees compared to powerlines/fence line), but every place we call is booked out until june/july... GRRRR