Which Terminus is it #16

Started by Sylvan Loves Buses, January 27, 2017, 02:31:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sylvan Loves Buses

It's 2017, time for a revamp.

Welcome to the 16th 'Which Terminus is it?' game.

As per usual I have my rules, it would be appreciated if you follow them too.

• 1 entry/guess each unless otherwise instructed. Hints will be posted in to aid those who are unsure (or to encourage those who do know the answer) every 4-7 days as the round continues.
  • I will no longer prevent previous winners to be excluded when they have higher win counts than others, as I would like to have more variety for the inspiration when creating these works.
    Please be advised though, participating will require your input for the artwork. Instructions will be private messaged to you if you submit the correct answer, with the full list of options, you can either list me a few details which I can then work with, or if preferred, you can give me a challenge by presenting me with an extensively detailed list of instructions.
    However, if necessary and you submit no details to me by the cut-off date, I will cancel the entry, and have to use one of my back-up ideas - ideas which I would only prefer to use if absolutely necessary.
  • Only post if your comment includes you entry
  • No verbal disputes or/and controversies over my naming of the Termini/Interchanges vs Stations and multi-suburban-named termini

So, enough of that, and onto the game.
This drawing was not done properly, nor was it finished, as I drew it when I was either not at the location, or I was not there for very long and had to guess the looks from memory.
So with that in mind, which terminus/interchange does this look like?

stephend723

Spence

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

stephend723

Canberra centre

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sylvan Loves Buses

Quote from: Sylvan Loves Buses on January 27, 2017, 02:31:22 PM
  • 1 entry/guess each unless otherwise instructed.

Please remember to read the rules

Skitube

Murray

Buzz Killington

Quote from: Murray on January 29, 2017, 11:24:25 PM
Is it Kippax?

I thought so at first, but the two bus parking spots opposite the bus stop st Kippax aren't in a "bus bay" format as illustrated here - they're just "on road" parking. 

Sylvan Loves Buses

Quote from: Skitube on January 29, 2017, 08:41:01 PM
4333/4334?

I would prefer it if the answer were the name of the place as apposed to the bus stop number, but those stops say Kippax Terminus/Station on NXTBUS, which is correct.

Quote from: Murray on January 29, 2017, 11:24:25 PM
Is it Kippax?

That is correct, however you were a little late this time around. Maybe next time (unless @Skitube you would like to hand this one over given Murray has not had one yet)

Quote from: Buzz Killington on January 30, 2017, 12:42:10 AM
the two bus parking spots opposite the bus stop st Kippax aren't in a "bus bay" format as illustrated

Yes, I noticed that too going back there the past few times, so it was a memory gap when I was drawing that section - also the island between is bigger.
I don't usually fix up my birdseye drawings after I've already done them (esp if I've already coloured them in, cause it's a pain to rub out), so that's what was wrong there. This one was also drawn several years ago too.

Murray

Sylvan Loves Buses

Hmm, doesn't quite work like that

We'll await Skitube's reply before going ahead with anything.

Skitube

Happy to hand it over to Murray

Sylvan Loves Buses

Cool, thank you for replying.

There you go Murray, it's yours this time. I'll send the details to you soon.

Murray

It probebly dosn't matter but I looked up the stop number Skittube submitted.

Sylvan Loves Buses

Round winner (Skitube) reinstated

Quote from: Murray on February 01, 2017, 06:49:39 PM
It probebly dosn't matter but I looked up the stop number Skittube submitted.

It kinda does, cause that's what is known as cheating, and due to what seems to be a lack of understanding what I asked for in the details, I have to cancel the give-away entry. Sorry, maybe next time.

Sylvan Loves Buses

And here it is - finished a little earlier in the month for once.

Also, I have decided to share these a little more, by allowing anyone if they want to, to view the development stages of the drawings by visiting my Imgur albums. Each round winner will still get to see them when privately messaged, but they won't need to click on an external link to go view them.

To view this rounds - 'Evolution of the Drawing' <-- feel free to click

The Love Guru

In the time of Mercs at Kippax the buses used both sides of the road. Love seeing your pics. Also you would never have seen a mk1 Renault and Merc in Z stripe livery together at Kippax (unless it was a PR180.2 on a school run).

Sent from my SM-N920I using Tapatalk

Barry Drive

That bus only road wasn't around when the Mercs were in use.

Not to mention the Arrow Alpha bollards never existed then.

Buzz Killington

Historical inaccuracies aside, it's a pretty good drawing.

Sylvan Loves Buses

Thanks, I appreciate that ;D

Interesting history lesson there too ^-^