Which Terminus/Interchange is it??? #3

Started by Sylvan Loves Buses, December 14, 2015, 06:09:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sylvan Loves Buses

Once again, another Which is it game.

Again with the rules:
-Anyone can participate, but you're only allowed to guess once for each game.
-Multiple people can guess the same answer, but if it is the correct answer, only the person who guessed right first will receive the prize, but if they are a previous winner, and the other isn't, the prize gets swapped.
-Previous Winners (Barry Drive, King of Buses) will be required to wait for others to have a go at guessing, before having a go, or if others haven't within 5 days, they can go ahead.

(I've had to reconstruct this section a little, so some of it may not make sense)
Now, one of the rules mentions a prize, well yes there is a prize! I couldn't really think to make this exactly the same as 'Where is it' where others posted after each winner, so instead, i have decided: Each winner, will have the opportunity to give me instructions for a full landscape drawing of their choosing, with all/most details being constructed from their ideas. After the winner is selected, I will private message them about the specifics of how they would like the drawing to look, for example: which bus, what direction it's facing, the viewpoint, and more... For each of these landscape drawings, I will be making special trips to these designated locations to draw them during my spare time, and as these landscape drawings take me some time to create, so there will be a delay between each game. So far, I have managed to do 1 drawing a month, so this one won't be uploaded till sometime in January.

Let's go!
Which Terminus/interchange is this???

Sylvan Loves Buses

1 day left till I open it to the previous winners. It's very easy, anyone else wanna guess?

Sylvan Loves Buses

Guessing is now open for previous winners, as the 5 day mark has been passed!

Barry Drive

How about responding to what has already been posted, since it is quite clearly Chapman Terminus.

Sylvan Loves Buses

Normally if I didn't respond,it's either cause I'm haven't looked yet, or it's wrong.

But I do need to re-confirm.
Quote from: Buzz Killington on December 16, 2015, 08:56:39 PM
Chapman?
Do you mean Chapman Terminus, or Weston Creek Terminus?

unless someone else says the right one first

Buzz Killington

The terminus near the corner of Eucumbene and Hindmarsh Drives, in the suburb of Chapman

Barry Drive

Quote from: Sylvan Loves Buses on December 23, 2015, 10:10:51 PM
Do you mean Chapman Terminus, or Weston Creek Terminus?

unless someone else says the right one first
And where is this Weston Creek Terminus you are referring to? Last time I checked, there is not a suburb called "Weston Creek". (And so there is no such Weston Creek Terminus.)

But there is a Chapman Terminus, in the suburb of Chapman as strange as it seems.

Sylvan Loves Buses

I have always called it Weston Creek Terminus, (cause that's what it's always been called on the timetables and maps), and Weston Creek is the area/region, It's a thing both my mum and I share/shared when we would refer to things. I'm sorry if you don't like how I do things, but as shown in the picture, that's what I call them.

Also, it's only just recently that I even knew there was a Chapman one, in the suburb it's self, when I was exploring the gallery a few weeks ago, that's when I knew of an actual Chapman Terminus.

[edit]Oh, and I never name things twice.

Barry Drive

No. There is a Chapman Terminus and an Old Chapman Terminus.

EVERY other terminus is described using its suburb name (with one or two exceptions). "Weston Creek" covers all suburbs from Chapman / Duffy to Weston / Waramanga. It would be like calling (old) Theodore terminus "Tuggeranong Terminus".

Do you now accept that the correct answer is Chapman Terminus?

Sylvan Loves Buses

Quote from: Barry Drive on December 23, 2015, 11:31:05 PMEVERY other terminus is described using its suburb name (with one or two exceptions). "Weston Creek" covers all suburbs from Chapman / Duffy to Weston / Waramanga. It would be like calling (old) Theodore terminus "Tuggeranong Terminus".

Well, to be honest, of all the terminus' in Canberra, I would say there are only 2 that would be ones that we would argue the names of. These 2, and the 2 in Watson. And no, why would I call Theodore Terminus Tuggeranong? There's only 1 isn't there?

Quote from: Barry Drive on December 23, 2015, 11:31:05 PMDo you now accept that the correct answer is Chapman Terminus?

Whatever, but I will still remain to call it Weston Creek Terminus.

Quote from: Buzz Killington on December 23, 2015, 10:20:57 PM
The terminus near the corner of Eucumbene and Hindmarsh Drive

Correct.

Barry Drive

Quote from: Sylvan Loves Buses on December 23, 2015, 11:19:33 PM
I have always called it Weston Creek Terminus,  I'm sorry if you don't like how I do things, but as shown in the picture, that's what I call them.
And I always call Hamburgers "steamed hams", but that doesn't make it the correct name.

Also: I'm sorry if you don't like my demeanour, but that's just how I am. Actually, I'm not sorry - I don't care.