2 (33.3%)
Bus 500 at Woden pl 12
5 (83.3%)
Bus 937 on Bugden Av
3 (50%)

Total Members Voted: 6

Voting closed: July 01, 2015, 10:31:29 AM

Barry Drive

Getting an early start this month - Photo of the Month now seeking photo submissions.

The winning photo will be loaded to the actbus.net front page for a month (and added to the POTM archive) and posted to ACT Bus on Facebook. The winner and runner-up(s) will also be included in the Photo of the Year vote. By submitting a photo, you are giving permission for it to be loaded onto the ACT Bus Gallery.

The rules:
  • photo must be "owned" by the person submitting it (if not, you must have the permission of the photographer to submit the photo - and identify the photographer)
  • two* photographs may be submitted by any one person, provided they have not been submitted before

• submitted photographs must prominently feature:
    • bus infrastructure (such as bus stop, bus station, bus depot) within the ACT / Queanbeyan region (location must be specified)
    and/or
    • a bus from the ACT or Queanbeyan (taken within the region or a former ACT/Queanbeyan bus) where -
      • the bus is in focus
      • the fleet or registration number of the bus is identifiable (or supplied by photographer if not visible in photograph)
  • photos narrower than 640 pixels will not be accepted

If possible, please supply date or month of photo.

Refer here for full ACT Bus photo submission conditions.

Photos can be submitted three ways: (1) by posting to this forum topic (2) by posting on ACT Bus facebook page (and mentioning POTM) (3) by contacting ACT Bus (submit a "contact us" form, send a message to our Facebook page or send me a Private Message) - and we'll send you an email address.

* This month we are seeking photos of: Scania artic buses with a Red Nose. If you submit such a photo, you may still submit 2 other new photos (3 photos in total).

To ensure consistency, photos must be displayed with a width of 640 (or height if 640 if a "portrait" aspect) - photos wider than 640 are required to use the option width=640 in the image tag - as follows "[img width=640]".

Submissions close midnight 24 June, Australian Eastern Standard Time, unless extended.

Voting will commence on 25 June. Voting will close on 1 July.

Barry Drive

First submissions via Facebook -

Bus 506 at Gungahlin West (Anthony Rolfe) layover

Bus 512 at Woden

Bus 400 at Westfields Belconnen

Bus 503

Hello

Here are my entries for this month.
I'm not sure how to get my photos smaller but still just as clear, I'm sure the moderators are getting annoyed having to resize my photos! - can anyone help?

Full sized image
First up, 514 exiting Alinga Street bus stop with a red nose

Full sized image
Murrays coach 259 laying over on Alinga street

Full sized image
Finally, Bus 322 on Marybynong Avenue
Thanks
Bus 503

Annoyed moderator's note: as promised, since Bus503 could not correctly size the photos, they have been converted to thumbnail images and are excluded from the vote.

Barry Drive

Quote from: Bus 503 on June 12, 2015, 08:37:19 PM
I'm not sure how to get my photos smaller  ...  I'm sure the moderators are getting annoyed having to resize my photos! - can anyone help?

This moderator is more annoyed that the instructions are in the first message but have been ignored.

Quote from: Barry Drive on June 07, 2015, 03:05:36 PM
photos must be displayed with a width of 640 (or height if 640 if a "portrait" aspect) - photos wider than 640 are required to use the option width=640 in the image tag - as follows "[img width=640]".

Busfanatic101

Those instructions aren't overly clear for those without any coding experience who don't know how to use tags... I know I had to try tens of times to get it right

Basically, press the edit button in the bottom right corner (not the modify button at the top), than put the image in as follows:

Barry Drive

The instructions are quite clear, but they are not intended to be a tutorial. There are other places (hint: Google) where more detailed instructions can be found.

As an incentive to Bus 503, unless you can work out how to follow the fairly simple task of changing the display size, your photos will be excluded from the vote. (So you've got until 24 June to work it out.)

Busfanatic101 has given you useful instructions (which you've failed to follow); for more help, try Google or have a look at last month's POTM - call up your post, click Modify and have at look at how I edited your post to get the images to display with a smaller width. (Make sure you don't save any changes.)

It's not hard, but you've got to learn for yourself.

[School teacher rant endeth]

But now, onto my photos.

Bus 571 at Belconnen Community Bus Station

Bus 546 on Akuna St, City

King of Buses

Ignoring the above debacle, I present...

BUS.477 travelling along College St at UCan on a southbound 318

BUS.520 (with Red Nose for Red Nose Day 2015) and 393 at Belconnen East Layover

BUS.379 (with an air leak and no ride height!...oh, wait, those are the same problems it had 2 months ago too!) at the City Bus Station on a southbound 200 to COC

Busfanatic101

My Submissions:

Bus 500 at Woden Bus Station (4/11/14)

Bus 937 on a northbound 65 (10/10/14)

Barry Drive

Voting has opened. Since there are 10 eligible photos (and 3 ineligible), you may vote for up to 4 photos.