TAA and Australian Airlines

Started by smitho, May 21, 2014, 07:29:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

smitho

Anyone tell me if there are any former TAA/AA aeroplanes still operating in Australia?

I assume Qantas would have sold off the last of its inherited TAA/AA fleet some time ago.

Sir Pompously

That would be TN for TAA or Australian, don't want to confuse AA with American as there are actually some AA aircraft flying with Qantas currently :-).

The last aircraft that flew with TN and QF was the 737-400. But there are some old TN aircraft flying with Qantas Freight.

Snorzac

There's also a few flying for Airwork New Zealand which is a chatter company, they own multiple freighters and pax versions of Boeing 737-300s and 737-400s which have mainly come from Qantas or Annsett

ajw373

Quote from: smitho on May 21, 2014, 07:29:00 PM
Anyone tell me if there are any former TAA/AA aeroplanes still operating in Australia?

I assume Qantas would have sold off the last of its inherited TAA/AA fleet some time ago.

Have a look at this website:

http://www.planespotters.net/Airline/Qantas

Will show you the historic fleet and where the a/c are.

ajw373

Quote from: Sir Pompously on May 21, 2014, 11:28:04 PM
That would be TN for TAA or Australian, don't want to confuse AA with American as there are actually some AA aircraft flying with Qantas currently :-).

That's not quite right. Qantas did indeed take over some orders from AA after 9/11 downturn in the US and the upturn for Qantas due to the Ansett collapse.

However these a/c were never delivered to American and Qantas took over the orders in sufficient time for them to be designated '38's rather than '23's for American. Though they did have American seat layout, including no business class seats when first delivered.

smitho

Quote from: ajw373 on June 04, 2014, 10:31:47 PM
Have a look at this website:

http://www.planespotters.net/Airline/Qantas

Will show you the historic fleet and where the a/c are.

Thanks ajw.