Flemington Road Bus Infrastructure

Started by smitho, August 31, 2010, 09:05:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

smitho

Flemington Rd was again closed around early afternoon today, but on this occasion, were no Redex diversions - instead, ACTION drivers were instructed to just stop their buses and wait in the queue until road re-opened. In the event, closure was only from 1210 to 1217 approx.

By that stage, most of the signage and lane markings were in place for dual-carriageway operations and newly installed traffic lights were flashing amber.

When I returned to Felington Rd with a late afternoon northbound #51, the new southbound carriageway was in operation and all traffic signals were in use. ACTION's orange bus stop bollards had been fitted with timetables over the past day, and Redex drivers were reminded that these are now Redex stops (although they don't incorporate the red Redex hat ...).

Buzz Killington

Sounds like things are finally starting to come together on Flemington Road! I'll be out there later this week so I shall have a look

smitho

The 6 new Redex stops on Flemington Rd include the Showgrounds stop (Natex/EPIC). A few have commuter bike racks and several have foundations for shelters incorporated into landing pads. Since yesterday afternoon, these stops have been fitted up with makeshift Redex signage attached to the orange bollards with packaging tape!

My first southbound Redex peak period run over the new road was a tad frustrating this morning, getting red lights at every intersection on Flemington and right through to Macarthur Ave, so there no time saving advantage from the dual carriageway set up on that occasion.