Gungahlin bus stops

Started by Barry Drive, August 14, 2009, 02:31:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barry Drive

I sent an email to ACTION last week about various bus stops in Mitchell, Franklin and Gungahlin. Here is their reply, with my comments added in red.

Thank you for your feedback dated 07/08/09 regarding ACTION bus stops.

In relation to the situation in Mitchell, the bus stop on Lysaght Street was found to be too long and hence will be shortened on the request of nearby shopkeepers. The bus stop signs will be replaced once this is completed. ("Installed" would be a better word since this stop has never had any signage.)

The bus stop on Hoskins and Sandford streets are in use. (The question was about the stops on route 956 which are not used during on weekdays. Chris - this means you do have to stop there.) A request has been logged for the bus stop signs to be replaced.

In Franklin, the issue that we have had is that when the roads were laid out, the pads and footpath were installed. Houses, townhouses began to be built before we commenced services through this area. When dwellings are built, a temporary fence is usually installed and these were installed over the concrete pads. As a result of this we installed temporary stops in other locations. These are now to be removed and the concrete pads and post/blade will be in the same location early next week. (Let's see how long it actually takes.)

Finally, the situation on Anthony Rolfe Avenue at the intersection of De Bortoli Street. This bus stop was incorrectly removed by Roads ACT. A request has been actioned and this bus stop will be returned to its original location in due course.

The Love Guru

There are no stops where you speak of Martin, they have been totally removed. There used to be signage at them, but was taken down when the weekends got split from the weekday runs. I'm sure there was a memo around stating that the stops were no longer in use. As usual, the left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing!

Buzz Killington

Irisbus Rider

Yeah, a work collegue of mine has complained to me about all the confusion associated with these stops. Rightly so, it's made the simple task of catching a bus so difficult! Stops are constantly moving, disused, then used, and inappropriately signed. Chances are, the driver will just sail past most passengers waiting at stops.

And, just a bit of an update, on my way into work this morning, the bus stop on Hoskins St was still disused, and on my way out, I saw this!

Yes, Chris, now you do have to stop there.
I think this is such a pointless exercise, as it is only serviced by the 956. But, it may encourage me to use a bus on weekends now.
So many memories from that stop, waiting for 52's back in 2007, good times......

FYI, for those people not familar with this stop, signage was removed after Network 2008 was introduced, then returned for a short time, then removed again, and, yet again, it returns!

FFS, this is ridiculous.

The Love Guru

Thankyou John, i will stop there from now on as it is now a bus stop! As i said to you earlier, if you stand at a bus zone with no ACTION signs or signal bus stickers you are taking your chances. Of course, there are times when bus stops are being upgraded where common sense applys.

Bus 400

I noticed a few weeks back that a new bus stop has been installed on Nullabor Avenue, Franklin. But drivers aren't stopping there at this stage, would this be one of the stops for the re-aligned 58 route.