Custom badges question

Started by Bus 503, March 25, 2015, 05:52:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bus 503

Hi,
Quite often, I look at the Custom coaches badge on the end of the bus.

Why is it that 390 to, (I think 443) have a blue custom badge which reads Custom coaches and 444 to 463 have a silver custom badge with just the words, CUSTOM?
This also appears on the Steer tag Scanias, 464 to 473?, have blue custom badges and the rest have silver.
Does anyone know anything about this?
Thanks
Bus 503

The Love Guru

The silver ones must have been cheaper.

King of Buses

They changed from Custom Coaches to Custom. Hence the change in logo and thus badges too.

Quote from: The Love Guru on March 25, 2015, 06:54:41 AM
The silver ones must have been cheaper.

Maybe  ::)

Bus 503

Some of the fleet have different badges: Irisbuses having black writing on a silver background but 306? Having a blue badge, most of the Scania's have the black wrting on the silver background but 350? To 373 have a 50 year badge. Then the MANs and the 14.5 Scania's...

Barry Drive

Don't forget about the Custom logos on the windows / windscreens . Much time can be occupied cataloguing those.

Busnerd

Could also be something to do with what plant it came from?

I have a silver custom badge stuck to my desk at home (due to lack of ideas of what to do with it) as customs borrowed one of my photos of one of their buses to use in some internal documents or pamphlets or something, that photo is also now hanging on the wall in their plant.