Botanic gardens Native plants sale

Started by Busfanatic101, October 18, 2014, 01:10:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Busfanatic101

Very popular, a queue of about 7 rows and 150m long was waiting at the gates, as well as cars lining the edge of Clunies ross st for about 700m + parked in various patches of grass elsewhere. Sale itself was also much bigger than previous years. Assume iteasily exceeded 1000 people. Would be good to see ACTION operating additional services for this, it would probably be well patronized and it's not that far from city Bus stn either, so they could operate 1 bus going back and forth between the botanic gardens and city bus stn for the duration of the sale.

Bus 400

You've then have the problem of people sitting plants in the luggage racks, seats, floor & not being secure. So dirt goes all through the bus, it was bad enough when i squeezed a decent size tree into my car from Pialliago. Luckily I had a big plastic bag to secure the dirt though.

Busfanatic101

Quote from: Bus 400 on October 18, 2014, 01:22:01 PM
You've then have the problem of people sitting plants in the luggage racks, seats, floor & not being secure. So dirt goes all through the bus, it was bad enough when i squeezed a decent size tree into my car from Pialliago. Luckily I had a big plastic bag to secure the dirt though.

From what I saw, everyone had boxes or bags in which they had put all their plants, so that wouldn't be much of an issue. If in doubt, use a Dart :P or a 100.3