ANZAC Dawn Service Shuttles 2011

Started by Buzz Killington, April 18, 2011, 06:55:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Buzz Killington

ACTION is providing a free bus service to the ANZAC Dawn Service on Monday 25 April departing from all major bus stations.

Belconnen services depart from Platform 1 at all three stations at the following times. Buses arrive at the War Memorial 30 minutes later.

Nil Belconnen services are indicated to be serviced by accessible buses. Belconnen services travel via City Bus Station

City services depart from Platform 7 in City Bus Station at the following times. Buses arrive at the War Memorial 15 minutes later.
0420 (Accessible)
0440 (Accessible)

Tuggeranong services depart from Platform 9 at the following times. Buses arrive at the War Memorial 35 minutes later.
0425 (Accessible)

Tuggeranong services travel via Woden Bus Station.

Woden services depart from Platform 10 at the following times. Buses arrive at the War Memorial 20 minutes later.
0440 (Accessible)

Return services depart the War Memorial 20 minutes after the conclusion of the dawn service.

ajw373

You would think considering the time of day and what the event is about that EVERY service would be run by accessible buses. Guess yet another sign of how out of touch ACTION really is with the needs of the people of Canberra.

Buzz Killington

Quote from: ajw373 on April 19, 2011, 09:25:32 AM
You would think considering the time of day and what the event is about that EVERY service would be run by accessible buses.

Agreed.

King of Buses

Barry Drive

Except that they then wouldn't be able to use articulated buses.

ajw373

Quote from: MyWay on April 19, 2011, 10:53:19 PM
Except that they then wouldn't be able to use articulated buses.

Put more services on or use the 14.5m. Easy isn't it?

King of Buses

Since ACTION are stupid they cannot work this out for themselves,

OPTION ONE
Since they do not need MY Way on these services they can use the stags parked at Woden to replace the articulateds on theses services also add a few extra services to keep the capacity to be taken to the dawn service near equal to what it would be with articulateds. Stags from woden would probably do Belconnen services as Belconnen has less stags up there than Tuggers does. But ACTION are too dumb and probably would say " having these buses out will cause blah blah blah!"

OPTION TWO
Buy New Articulated buses which are easy access!
I like the sound of Volvo B12BLEA Buses or Scania K31OUA Buses!

Can you see the logic which ACTION cannot in these plans!

Buzz Killington

Quote from: King of Buses on April 20, 2011, 05:42:16 PM
Since ACTION are stupid they cannot work this out for themselves,

OPTION ONE
Since they do not need MY Way on these services they can use the stags parked at Woden to replace the articulateds on theses services also add a few extra services to keep the capacity to be taken to the dawn service near equal to what it would be with articulateds. Stags from woden would probably do Belconnen services as Belconnen has less stags up there than Tuggers does. But ACTION are too dumb and probably would say " having these buses out will cause blah blah blah!"

OPTION TWO
Buy New Articulated buses which are easy access!
I like the sound of Volvo B12BLEA Buses or Scania K31OUA Buses!

Can you see the logic which ACTION cannot in these plans!

I'd say the logic of buying some brand new easy access artics and having them delivered by Sunday has probably not occurred to them.

Bus 400

I wonder if the threat of continued industrial action was the reason behind limited accessible services.

King of Buses

ACTION aren'nt smart enough. Thats pretty much what has occured!
And Custom Coaches wouldn't be able to have artics here by Sunday unless they steal some from interstaet operators whom have Artics being built at the present time.
Quote from: Bus 400 on April 20, 2011, 07:20:43 PM
I wonder if the threat of continued industrial action was the reason behind limited accessible services.

Also it has always been like this for the Dawn Service shuttles. They've nearly Always had only one accesseible route from each bus station.
But they need to condsider what type of people would be most likely to utilise these services! Old veterans who have a disability would probably use the service along with others definetely but how can a Old person with a wheelchair get onto an ACTION Renault Artic!

jasp3r

King of Buses to answer you (rhetorical question) with great difficulty, pain and and great dollop of grief! That's how

King of Buses