All over advertising

Started by Snorzac, May 04, 2009, 11:28:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Toyota Camry

I noticed today an Irisbus Agoraline in all over advertising for CatholicCare; I did not notice the fleet number, but it was operate the below trip.

(714) 16:53 City Bus Station to Fraser West Terminus

It is my assumption that advertisers must choose Irisbus vehicles for their AOA due to the cheapness; as they are the least used vehicles in the fleet, it must cost less to put an advertisement on them, as it would receive the least exposure.

Busnerd

Advertisers generally won't choose a vehicle, but rather a size/type of ad, presumably the advertising company would then see what vehicles are available and the design for the ad (if it's an AOA) may be changed slightly based on what type of bus it is going on, as different bodies will have minor differences such as positioning of grills, window lines etc. They wouldn't walk in and ask for an irisbus specifically, they would pay for the length of the ad as well as the size of the ad, its just bad luck if its on a bus that isn't on the road much.

Sylvan Loves Buses

Quote from: Busfanatic101 on October 23, 2018, 06:12:11 PM
Only got a brief glimpse but 443 appears to have a new AOA with Trevor Dickinson on it - maybe for his CMAG exhibition (which I haven't had the chance to get out to yet!)

It certainly is. On Monday just after Trevor's 'artist talk' at the exhibition, he showed me a small image of it. Could've sworn I saw 402, but later that day I saw 402, and it definitely didn't have it. He said it should be on there for about 3 months.

Barry Drive

Quote from: Barry Drive on August 03, 2018, 12:16:32 PM
AOAs coming up to 12 months in August are: 436 406 & 315
So far, only 436 has been removed (new AOA as of today).

The next potential removals are: 319 (exhibition closes this weekend) and 441 (12 month contract). In December, these will be 12 months old: 306, 586, 508 & 521; and 3 months will have been reached for: 301 303 & 360.

Bus 503

Sighted 498 yesterday in AOA for Healthier Work ACT.

Bus 503

511 is out of its AOA, though it still has a bit of blue just above the windows on the driver's side of the bus.

Barry Drive

Recent removals:
303 339 406

Expected potential removals:
301 360 (All homes)
441 (CIT)
443 (CMAG)
566 (National Museum)
508 516 521 (Healthier Work)

New AOAs have recently appeared for: National Capital Exhibition (463) and Charnwood Early Learning Centre (437 & 553).

511 has recently updated to change the frequently updated rear panel - bus is now advertising just Nine News Canberra.

Bus 503

306 is in AOA for Brindabella Christian College.

Barry Drive

306 is another Charnwood Early Learning Centre AOA. It has been joined by 544 & 586. Enough already.

King of Buses

434 now in AOA for CIT.

329 and 398 now in AOAs for AllHomes.

443 still wrapped in the Bunker Shelter exhibition AOA as of today, too.

May be slightly off topic (as far as the ACT is concerned), but State Transit have wrapped 2569ST, one of their Scania K280UB/Custom CB80 buses (the one with the trial orange LED Hanover desto, funnily enough), in a livery rather similar to 379/400, except with "Ride with Pride" as the slogan down the side. I suspect it *may* mean 400 might not be making a trip to Sydney this year (for Mardi Gras, anyway).

Busfanatic101

Busfanatic101

329 was still in AOA 2 days ago but out today

King of Buses

Quote from: Busfanatic101 on May 16, 2019, 03:48:44 PM329 was still in AOA 2 days ago but out today

It was naked with a Menulog rear ad yesterday come to think of it.

Busnerd

Quote from: King of Buses on May 16, 2019, 07:39:37 PMIt was naked with a Menulog rear ad yesterday come to think of it.
I love that the term 'naked' is still being used in 2019 to describe a bus without ads :P

Sylvan Loves Buses

Better use private browser next time I take a look at the gallery ;)

Busfanatic101

Barry Drive

Quote from: Busfanatic101 on May 25, 2019, 10:01:04 AM440 is out as well
It's always the ones you least expect.

King of Buses and I have both seen 332 in AOA this week, but now at least we know to keep an eye out for that one.

508 was finally removed this week, but 443 still hasn't been (although my last sighting was last weekend). 442 hasn't been seen at all recently.

The next one due for removal (after 332) will be 428 which hits 12 months in June.

Sylvan Loves Buses

I saw 443 on Friday, still had the same wrap.

Barry Drive

547 AOA was removed - for about a day - then reapplied (last weekend).

Wraps have also come off 423 428 & 461 & 540  in recent weeks. The remaining BCC AOAs (549 & 581) may be removed this weekend or next week.

The only other AOA coming up to 12 months old is 425.

Busfanatic101

Quote from: Barry Drive on July 06, 2019, 10:26:05 AMThe remaining BCC AOAs (549 & 581) may be removed this weekend or next week.
The rear panel of 549 has been replaced by ActewAGL but both sides are still fully intact - so technically still in AOA.

Bus 503

I think I saw 425 yesterday in a green AOA for a company called Alliance, or something similar.

Barry Drive

I saw 425 briefly yesterday and again today: can confirm its new AOA is for Alliance Leasing.

549 has finally been removed.

And two new Carpet One (so far) on 308 & 540.

Bus 503

Does anyone have any idea what will happen (and when it will happen) when 400's AOA is removed?
Will TC paint it all blue or just leave it green with a blue front?

Snorzac

Probably leave it blue fronted or change the panels back to green.

Barry Drive

First question is whether the AOA/Special Livery on 400 will be removed (ever).

I don't see any need for this to happen. Presumably they paid for the production and application of the wrap, but don't incur any ongoing fees.

In AOA news, 436 has been de-wrapped.

Bus 524

496 is now wrapped in a Beaumont Tiles AOA D/R to Lanyon to start a Northbound 80.

triumph

Followed an unidentified ACTION bus today. Visible from my bus was a driving school advertisement on the rear with a prominent realistic looking 'L' incorporated. Must be very close to being illegal, as road rules require 'Ls' are not to be displayed when the driver is not under instruction.

Bus 524

Quote from: triumph on December 16, 2020, 10:41:56 PMFollowed an unidentified ACTION bus today. Visible from my bus was a driving school advertisement on the rear with a prominent realistic looking 'L' incorporated. Must be very close to being illegal, as road rules require 'Ls' are not to be displayed when the driver is not under instruction.
That would be 381 or a couple of Belconnen MANs. But the Ls on it are located on the top right of the ad no where near where it should be placed if they are using a sign not the rear desto if fitted to the bus.

triumph

Media has recently published the cost to advertisers. See The Riotact, published on-line Sat 15th July.

Buses
Agent is Go Transit and charges range from $375 install + $125/week for Landscape Poster on rear or Portrait Poster on side;
to $10,000 install + $600/week for a Full Wrap.
Some advertisers with adverts on multiple buses must be forking out a fair bit. eg Brindabella College's substantial outlays have been remarked upon in recent media reporting.
The full option range in ascending cost is Landscape Poster, Portrait, Twin Portrait, Full Back, Mini Superside, Showcase, Megaside and Full Wrap. There is also an interior rate.

Light Rail
Torch Media is agent and charges range for a minimum of 4 weeks with $15,000 install + $3,430/4weeks for an 8 panel portrait;
to (gasp) $40,000 install + $16,610/4weeks for a full wrap.
The full option range in ascending cost is Portrait, Megaside, Window Wrap, Triple Carriage Wrap, and Full Wrap. There are also an interior rate and a backlit station rate.

There was no indication that advertisers could select any class of or particular vehicle. One might imagine that a discount would apply to a vehicle temporarily out of service for repairs, etc.

Whilst many vehicles look best without ads, and window wraps are a pain for passengers (and greeters/farewellers), particularly in wet weather, it is hard to ignore the income generated.

Sylvan Loves Buses

Indeed.
These are Go Transit for 2017 and even then some of those price options woof.