The benefits of Catching the bus

Started by Busfanatic101, October 24, 2014, 07:29:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Busfanatic101

ACTION has released the benefits of travelling on the bus...

QuoteCost
The average cost to own and commute by car in Canberra is $8,572* per annum including fuel, maintenance and parking. The maximum annual spend on an adult MyWay card is just $1,363* per annum.

Environment
A standard bus can take about 50 cars off the road, reducing our carbon footprint,traffic congestion and increasing road safety.

Health
Get regular exercise and burn some extra calories every day by walking to your nearest bus stop.

Stress
Take back some of your personal time and relax. Use your bus journey to read a book or listen to music.

Convenience
Bus lanes, prioritised lights and reduced stop services allow buses to travel quickly, getting you to your destination faster.

http://www.action.act.gov.au/__data/assets/pdf_file/0007/651832/Car-vs-Bus-A4-211014.pdf

I love buses, but this is just...

Cost: Maximum annual spend for an adult is $1363.2

Stress: And I generally find buses more stressful as I need to worry about whether I'll miss my connection bus or the one after that. And you can listen to music better in a car since there isn't the loud noise

Convenience: Since when do you reach your destination faster on a bus? :popping:

Thoughts?

Bus 400

Just on fuel (ignoring the wear & tear) I spend $50-60 a week & that involes a 20 odd minute each way. Plus I only stop at 3 sets of traffic lights in total. I only drive as it involves me leaving the night before & I have erratic hours. Plus I have a long walk between the bus stops & work & a nice long climb from the bus stop to home.

smitho

Quote from: Bus 400 on October 24, 2014, 12:51:52 PM
Just on fuel (ignoring the wear & tear) I spend $50-60 a week & that involes a 20 odd minute each way. Plus I only stop at 3 sets of traffic lights in total. I only drive as it involves me leaving the night before & I have erratic hours. Plus I have a long walk between the bus stops & work & a nice long climb from the bus stop to home.

You're excused then - teat this as an official dispensation!