McDonalds

Started by Snorzac, February 02, 2010, 10:33:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Snorzac

Weston is under new ownership as of today.

Bus 400

The McDonald's on Emu Bank in Belconnen is one of the McDonald's stores where you can try the Chicken Scorcher & Chicken McBites with scorcher seasoning.

I tried the Chicken Scorcher & it is less hot then the KFC Firey Grilled Burger.

Snorzac

You can try the Scorcher and 'fiery McBites' at any store...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

route56

you're obsessed with McDonalds.

Thats what the Hamburglar told me.  :leno:

Snorzac

Busnerd

Quote from: Bus 400 on November 20, 2011, 01:11:39 PM
The McDonald's on Emu Bank in Belconnen is one of the McDonald's stores where you can try the Chicken Scorcher & Chicken McBites with scorcher seasoning.

Or any other McDonalds...

Barry Drive

Fit out at East Row looks complete - due to open Friday 23/12.

Busnerd

Where is it going in?

Barry Drive

Former Dick Smith store.

Busnerd

Whaaaaaaaat, City interchange mac?

Sir Pompously

Yes, Cityintmac had its McDonald's sign under test earlier this evening. Still fencing up everywhere though when I passed it tonight, but a few people in there that were not construction workers.

Buzz Killington

It's opening 6am Wednesday.

Bus 400

Does anyone know if a McCafe is planned to open at the new Masters Hardware at Majura Park?

I ask this as the first Masters in WA is to have a McCafe inside even though a McDonalds & McCafe are in the same shopping complex (so same set up as at Majura Park).

Busnerd

Well Master in Gregory Hills in Sydney has a full McDonalds and McCafe inside it so I presume all stores would, however the only thing I've been thinking is that Majura already has a maccas right next door so it might be a bit pointless...

Barry Drive

Citymac (East Row) is no longer 24 hours, apart from Friday and Saturday.

Snorzac

A few things coming up in the next few months;
The Olympic menu will launch on Wednesday, featuring the McRib (but not at first)

August should also see the opening of two new stores, one at Kippax, another on Flemington Rd in Franklin I believe

Busnerd

When is the El Maco finishing?

Snorzac

Busnerd

Noooo! I've only had like three, I had better hurry up

Bus 400

Another McDonalds is to go up on the Federal Highway, Kenny/Mitchell along with the Caltex (the one that replaced the Shell) on the edge of EPIC. Expect this one to run 24 hours during Summernats.

Snorzac

Yep this is the store I was previously lead to believe was on Flemington Rd. I think it is the first to open (July 31) with Kippax on August 15, that said, Mitchell could be August 31....I can't remember.

Bus 400

It was mentioned on the radio today that McDonalds in Australia will be the first in the western world to have lamb on the menu.

Buzz Killington

The Lamb Burger is apparently coming out this week, along with Grape Frozen Fanta, Malteser McFlurries and the Mighty Muffin.

Didn't end up getting a Olympic Coke Glass - any time I went to Maccas they had none left. Oh well. Apparently they were cheap and nasty anyway.

Busnerd

Mighty muffin has been an on and off item for the last few years. I bought a coke glass from the self serve registers I think it was $1.25 or something, they also gave me a small cup with it as well, glass does look pretty thin and cheap though!

Buzz Killington

Yeah I think the Mighty is being made permanent, possibly minus the potato. Not certain though.

Snorzac

the potato? If you are referring to rosti, it was never on the mighty muffin, it has tomato sauce, cheese bacon, egg, sausage and a second piece of bacon.

ajw373

Quote from: Buzz Killington on August 12, 2012, 06:20:31 PM
Apparently they were cheap and nasty anyway.

You say that like you are surprised. It's McDonalds after all.

Buzz Killington

Yeah but in the past the special edition Coke Glasses were actually pretty decent.

Bus 400

Quote from: Buzz Killington on August 14, 2012, 06:23:17 PM
Yeah but in the past the special edition Coke Glasses were actually pretty decent.

The glasses are better than the Coca Cola yoyo's that were given away. You can yo them once & then struggle to wind them up.

But then again, you were given a yoyo if you bought 2x24 can packs from Woolworth's or if you bought 2x600ml bottles from little shops like Quick & Go in the City.

smitho

Quote from: Buzz Killington on August 14, 2012, 06:23:17 PM

I think they were replicas of the Coca Cola glasses which used to be stocked by milk bars and delis when customers could buy Coke by the glass (for consumption on the premises)....cheaper than buying a bottle to take away, especially in Adelaide, where you had to pay the deposit levy (threepence or sixpence) if you took the bottle away from the shop.

Bus 400

The McDonalds on the Federal Highway, EPIC is now open (it may of been open earlier, but it was only reported to & seen by me this week).

Bidgee

Was open two weeks ago when I went past.

Snorzac

It opened last Wednesday at 2pm

Bus 400

In the junk mail (at my Kambah home), the new McDonalds is called "McDonalds Mitchell" but the address on the same bit of paper is 661 Northbourne Ave, Lyneham.

Buzz Killington

Bus 400

Wrong side of Morisset Road. 

Sir Pompously

According to mapi the suburb line is basically right at the edge of the carpark to McDonalds, but does not have a suburb label. Is Kenny next to Harrison with Bimberi Centre and such? If it is, the McDonalds is in Kenny then.

Buzz Killington

Putting 611 Northbourne into Google Maps gives the address as Kenny

Bus 400

It all depends on where you click on Google Maps:

Sir Pompously

Mapi is the key, and if you use the satellite overlay just to be sure it is certainly in Kenny!

Barry Drive

Quote from: Sir Pompously on September 03, 2012, 09:58:12 PM
Mapi is the key, and if you use the satellite overlay just to be sure it is certainly in Kenny!
Agreed that it's not within the current boundaries of Lyneham but Kenny is not yet defined in ACT MAPi so technically it's not in any Suburb ATM.

Irisbus Rider

I'd say they're correct, it is in Lyneham.

Buzz Killington

Quote from: Long White Fool on September 04, 2012, 04:22:31 PM
I'd say they're correct, it is in Lyneham.

And you're basing that on...?

Barry Drive

Sir Pompously

Quote from: ACTbusspotter on September 03, 2012, 11:40:42 PM
Agreed that it's not within the current boundaries of Lyneham but Kenny is not yet defined in ACT MAPi so technically it's not in any Suburb ATM.

Quite true, I am unsure as to why it is not yet marked on Mapi though considering there are establishments out there (Albeit not housing). I think it is safe to assume though that the boundary marking on mapi would represent Kenny.

ajw373

At the end of the day does it matter? We all know where it is...

Buzz Killington

You know we're pedantic :)

Bus 400

ACT Planning Minister Simon Corbell recently replied my tweet that the boundary for Kenny hasn't been defined yet.
We can all take that how we like.

Buzz Killington

Where else but Canberra can you tweet a question to the planning Minister on a Tuesday night about a suburb boundary and get a response three minutes later?!

Bus 400

You forgot the at 10 o'clock at night bit as well.