Passenger Pet Peeves

Started by Buzz Killington, January 05, 2010, 06:37:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Buzz Killington

Pretty self explanatory, what annoys you as a passenger?

One of mine happened today - despite there being three spare seats directly opposite the one I was in, someone decided to sit next to me. I'm personally of the view that all vacant seats should be taken before you start sitting next to people!

CanberraTransport

Quote from: Buzz Killington on January 05, 2010, 06:37:59 PM
Pretty self explanatory, what annoys you as a passenger?

One of mine happened today - despite there being three spare seats directly opposite the one I was in, someone decided to sit next to me. I'm personally of the view that all vacant seats should be taken before you start sitting next to people!

I agree - that annoys me as well.

Rude drivers would have to be the worst of it though. I was on a 300 today and the ticket machine was broken. The driver skipped all stops after the Interchange where new passengers wanted to board, flailing his arms and cursing at them and the machine at full voice. I couldn't believe it and he is probably one of the worst cases I've seen.

Buzz Killington

Wow, that sounds a bit extreme. I've seen a few drivers get a bit rude at times but in the way that you've described.

CNG

I have had some rude drivers in the past, however he seems extreme. Wow 

Barry Drive

lukeo25

What annoys me is when passengers don't have the correct change, one example is i was travelling on a southbound 300 and a man got on at southlands with a $50 bill the driver explained he didn't have change for a $50 bill so the driver refused to let him on, another little thing i hate is when school kids try to use their school term tickets at the weekends  and the biggest thing what annoys me is passengers who sit at the back of the bus then when they get to their stop the driver has to wait till they get to the front of the bus   

Buzz Killington

One from this morning - people who you can see are sitting, waiting at a bus stop, and then when they get on they stand there fumbling through their handbag/backpack trying to find their wallet/purse to get a ticket/cash. How hard is it to get your shit ready whilst you're sitting there waiting for the bus?

CanberraTransport

...And the old people who walk around the bus and change seats, knowing that they're more fragile than the average passenger and should really just sit down.

smitho

I've often wondered why so many younger passengers stay seated until the bus stops, then dawdle up the corridor to get off. Most are easily fit enough to move to the front of the bus while the bus is moving. May be they are too well indoctrinated by the airlines "to stay seated until the aeroplane / bus comes to a complete stop".

On the other hand, the oldies are too well indoctrinated by the requirement of the 'good old days' to move to the nearest tram exit so that they're ready to alight as soon as the tram comes to a stop.... they assume the same applies to buses in 2010!

Buzz Killington

Lol, very true. I always get up and move to the front so I get there just before the bus stops.

Quote from: smitho on January 07, 2010, 09:14:59 PM
I've often wondered why so many younger passengers stay seated until the bus stops, then dawdle up the corridor to get off.

Shut the doors again and start to move off - that'll get them up to the front quick smart!

Snorzac

People who get on the bus not knowing what route/fare they need, especially when the bus is late

Barry Drive

And just to pick on drivers some more: drivers who depart major stops early. A few times when I've caught the bus, (some) drivers take the attitude that once they've loaded passengers at an Interchange/stop they can leave even if the timetable says they don't leave for another 2 or 3 minutes. Really annoying when you arrive at the stop on time but the bus has already gone.

I'm sure 'King Long' will agree with this one.

Busnerd

Thats what complaining is for :)

belcodriver

Quote from: Buzz Killington on January 07, 2010, 09:19:59 PM
Lol, very true. I always get up and move to the front so I get there just before the bus stops.

Shut the doors again and start to move off - that'll get them up to the front quick smart!

Once one or two schoolkids have to get off the next stop because they were too slow getting up the rest learn pretty quick.