Temporary Bus Stop Closure

Started by Bus 400, April 08, 2010, 07:50:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bus 400

From 14 April to 21 April 2010, the Commonwealth Bank stop will be closed due to roadworks with the closet stop being City Interchange Platform 1.

This is to include Route 900,934 & 935 not servicing London Circuit for 1 day (http://www.tams.act.gov.au/__data/assets/pdf_file/0005/187223/Commonwealth_Avenue_Southbound_Entry_Ramp_City.pdf)

EDIT-Mishap removed

Barry Drive

Quote from: Bus 400 on April 08, 2010, 07:50:15 PM
This is to include Route 900,934 & 935 not servicing London Circuit for 1 day (http://www.tams.act.gov.au/__data/assets/pdf_file/0005/187223/Commonwealth_Avenue_Southbound_Entry_Ramp_City.pdf)

Also the same 934 will need to divert heading into the City & Route 981 leaving the City another way (http://www.tams.act.gov.au/__data/assets/pdf_file/0006/187224/London_Circuit_City.pdf)
FAIL

(1) London Circuit stops will still be served
(2) Closure is for Sunday 8pm until Monday 6am - so no bus services will be affected.

Bus 400

& Saturday night for the Commonwealth Avenue on ramp.

Barry Drive

You missed the closure of McCaughey St in Turner. (2) was referring to your second link about 934 and 981 - which don't apply since the closure is after 8pm on a Sunday.

Buzz Killington

They had the sandwich board out on the intertown platform yesterday advising patrons of the Commonwealth Bank stop closure.

Bus 400

The southbound ramp was actually closed during the day today. Buses diverted via
Left-Constitution Avenue
Right towards Parkes Way
Right Parkes Way
Left onto Commonwealth Avenue on ramp.

Barry Drive

Which is why I said London Circuit stops would still be serviced.

Bus 400

Ok, below is a photo of one of the signs at the London Circuit stop. The other sign warns northsiders to disembark their bus in City Interchange instead of the London Cct stop.

There are 3 more of these signs stuck inside the shelter.

Bus 400

The outer road on London Cct was closed during the day today (can't be sure where it ended, but started at Constituion Ave lights & continued past Commonwealth Avenue overpass.

On the 900 I went on today we took a right onto London Cct & left onto Northbourne Ave. While a 900 I was behind later took the same detour as last weekend.

Bus 400

The other southbound London Circuit stop is now closed. A City Supervisor & an ACTION bigwig (went by the white shirt & grey pants) were at the Comm Bank stop (presumably so bus drivers had an idea of which specific stop to service).

Bus 400

From Wednesday 28 April 2010 until further notice the Legislative Assembly stop on London Circuit will be closed

Bus 400

We finally have a notice from ACTION on stop closures, they have changed from the original sign:

Bus Stop Closure: Legislative Assembly - London Circuit

The Bus stop outside the Legislative Assembly on London Circuit in the City will be closed from Monday 10 May to Thursday 20 May.

The nearest bus stops are located in the City Bus Interchange. See table below for platform information:

Routes: 300, 312, 313, 314, 315, 318, 319, 900

Platform 5
Routes: 3, 6, 10, 934

Platform 4

Route: 2

Platform 3

Route: 5, 932, 980

Platform 8

Routes: 701, 702, 703, 704, 710

Platform 11

Diversion of Intertown Routes

During the bus stop closure at the Legislative Assembly, Intertown routes (300 – 319 and 900) will travel via the east side of London Circuit passing Rydges Lakeside.

Barry Drive

There's nothing on ACTION's website about it, but this weekend City Interchange platforms will be changed due to roadworks on London Circuit. Most significantly will be route 900 departing from Northbourne Ave platforms 10 and 11.

Bus 400

Everything was back to normal in City Interchange at 14:00 today.

I think one driver on a 980S got a bit lost as he was heading down Marcus Clarke Street & taking a left at the end & a right back onto London Circuit. But with London Circuit looking like an early 1900's road, it would be a good time for that Canberra 100 (th birthday) mob to take a few photographs for the occasion (early 1900's road, with early 2000's buildings).

Bus 400

Temporary stops are in place at City Interchange & Lathlain Street Bus Station.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bus 400

The 2 stops on Alinga Street will be closed from Monday 5 July to Wednesday 7 July 2010 between the hours of 19:00 & 06:00.

Bus 400

Due to a road closure around Edinburgh Avenue, in the Canberra City, some bus stops will not be serviced on 26 and 27 February. Bus stops located outside the Police Station on London Circuit (in both directions), next to Rydges on Edinburgh Street and at the intersection of London Circuit and Edinburgh Street will not be serviced.
https://www.action.act.gov.au/default.html
http://www.tams.act.gov.au/__data/assets/pdf_file/0019/217513/Edinburgh_Avenue_City.pdf

Bus 400

After letting the public try out this bus stop for a few weeks, the Blue Rapid South bus stop on London Circuit has been closed for 2 weeks (27 March to 4 April 2011).

Quote from: ACTION Buses
Bus stop closure – London Circuit, City

Due to a kerb replacement, the bus stop outside the Commonwealth Bank on London Circuit, Canberra City, will be closed from Monday 21 March to Monday 4 April. Please use the bus stop at platform 1 in the City Bus Station during this time.

Also Lathlain Street Bus Station is to be re-opened for one day only on Sunday 20 March due to works at the Westfield Belconnen Bus Station.

Westfield Bus Station closure
On Sunday 20 March the Westfield Bus Station in Belconnen will be closed. All services will depart from Lathlain Street.

Actually I wonder how this will work, as there isn't the chance for buses to turn right from Benjamin Way into Belconnen Community Bus Station or vice versa. I would of thought buses would stop on that little road that the idiot drivers take when trying to wipe out buses exiting/entering Westfield Belconnen Bus Station.

Snorzac

The reason for the buses not using Westfield Station is due to the closure of the Cohen st extension whilst the red bridge is removed.

p_stampy

removed?? they only just moved it...

is it being placed somewhere else?

Snorzac

No, there is no longer a need for it.

Bus 400

The bus stop on Ogilby Crescent in Page will be temporarily closed from Monday 30 May

The bus stop on Ogilby Crescent in Page will be temporarily closed from Monday 30 May until further notice. The nearest serviced stop is located at the Page shops on Petterd Street.

This link is to the road closure notice http://www.tams.act.gov.au/__data/assets/pdf_file/0008/226961/Ogilby_Crescent_Page_Advert_2.pdf

It looks like the 13/313/905 will divert via Belconnen Way & Coulter Drive during this closure, the 73 & 74 shouldn't be affected.

Snorzac

How can tjhe 73/74 not be affected? every bus in that goes through Page uses that bit of road.

On another note, it was nice of TAMs to tell the residents, my grandparents live on that stretch of road and until I saw a tweet on Twitter about it yesterday and told them they knew nothing about it!

Bus 400

Blonde moment, I was thinking they went the other way along Ogilby Street.

Buzz Killington

Quote from: Metrobus on May 28, 2011, 12:35:10 AMmy grandparents live on that stretch of road and until I saw a tweet on Twitter about it yesterday and told them they knew nothing about it!

i doubt many grandparents know what Twitter is

Busnerd