Soul Cartel

Started by Toyota Camry, January 27, 2020, 09:50:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Toyota Camry

Soul Cartel have now closed their Farr Side Cafe in Isaacs; twice I visited with an APS4 colleague who lives in Fadden. It is unfortunate that it has closed as the quality of burgers were high; however the southern side of Canberra does not have an appropriate demographic for this kind of dining, being mostly populated by older people, Canberra Liberals voters and those who consider the "Erindale Vikings" to be a suitable place for an evening meal.

Sylvan Loves Buses

Quote from: Toyota Camry on January 27, 2020, 09:50:00 PMCanberra Liberals voters and those who consider the "Erindale Vikings" to be a suitable place for an evening meal.

Old people sure, but those two? Not something I've heard very much. Tuggeranong Vikings maybe, Erindale is a shithole.

Bus 400

Alternatively, the foodie suburb of Kambah is just over the hill with The Burns Club all you eat selection & Biginelli's pizzas & other Italian food.

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

Stan butler

Yes - the Burns Club is a great place.  I was there about 6 weeks ago to celebrate my wife's birthday (she is not an APS4), and we also had her brother and his wife there too (they are also not APS4s and not EL1s either).  While there, I did see 2 ex-colleagues of mine - 1 was an EL2 and the other was a contractor.  I remember once we were all out at lunch one day and we had to rush as we had to go to a meeting with another EL2. Being an EL2 at the time, I was very busy.

But the Burns Club is a great place for a feed.  Also a good place to have meetings during the day. I must admit, I am not familiar with other places in the area, but there is one guy, I think he may be an EL1, who says there was a good burger joint just up the road. 

Bus 400

That would be Theo's, was an old style takeaway owned by a Greek person. There was a gap of non Greek owners. In recent years, someone bought it & went back to the old style.

Biginelli's are always very popular with locals & out of area Canberrans. They also cater many ANU fancy functions with the yummiest finger food.

http://biginelli.com/

You've also have a great takeaway & best Thai at Fisher.

Plus apparently the best lamb shanks at Hume apparently. That's besides the sausage rolls at Caltex Hume, but that's an inside joke.

But I'm digressing.

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

ajw373

Quote from: Stan butler on January 28, 2020, 09:03:36 PMYes - the Burns Club is a great place.  I was there about 6 weeks ago to celebrate my wife's birthday (she is not an APS4), and we also had her brother and his wife there too (they are also not APS4s and not EL1s either).  While there, I did see 2 ex-colleagues of mine - 1 was an EL2 and the other was a contractor.  I remember once we were all out at lunch one day and we had to rush as we had to go to a meeting with another EL2. Being an EL2 at the time, I was very busy.

But the Burns Club is a great place for a feed.  Also a good place to have meetings during the day. I must admit, I am not familiar with other places in the area, but there is one guy, I think he may be an EL1, who says there was a good burger joint just up the road. 

What does ones APS level have to do with the price of milk?