The most famous person you've seen/met

Started by ScaniaDriver, December 08, 2009, 02:59:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ScaniaDriver

Who is the most famous person you've met or seen close by. Of course, watching them on TV doesn't count.

From memory, Alex Dimitriadis (I bet I spelt that wrong) and Ada Nika.....blah (the Home and Away girl) came to my primary school canteen quite often as Heartbreak High was filmed right next door at Maroubra Bay Public School. I've walked past Bob Carr at Maroubra Beach, walked past Paul McCarthy (from Comedy Inc who plays Dr Phil, Kochy, John Howard and a million other characters) at Woollahra while doing my junk mail delivery years ago. I'd pick Paul as my favourite from my list but I think the most famous must be...KEN CHAPMAN!! There is a facebook group named after him, a million and one photos of him, people learn to immitate his voice, he is a professional Forest driver, a lazy Veolia driver, a talented CDC marshal lol...I mean, he must be famous, right??

Buzz Killington

Ken Chapman has turned into quite the facebook sensation.

That said, I could've done without the photo of his laying on the lounge adorned with candy-covered chocolate confections.

Snorzac

yeah that was a little too far that photo.

I have met Rex Hunt, Ada Nicadimu, Michael Caton (I sat next to him on a plane), served local media personalities Jessica Good and Phil Small at the bakery and I have also served Scotty & Nige together at DK on their way to Hoyts

Trolleybusracer

I've Met the Little Midget off Swift and Shift Couriers. he always get on my Bus at Parramatta

Irisbus Rider

Ha ha, that's right! I remember you pointing him out to me last time, lol.

Um, I haven't really met anyone famous. I do work with quite a few faces in the local radio industry here in Canberra, but other than that no one springs to mind.

Busnerd

In that case I will add the same person as TBR as I have seen him whilst working there too. Also seen Tony Lynas, Anna Koren, Have Met Kochie, and to a lesser extent mel and nat and whatshisname - grant, now these are unconfirmed sightings but im sure about three weeks ago i saw chas licciardello running down parramatta road, and last thursday whilst enjoying my mini pizza at chatswood I saw Paulie from pizza, he had a moustache and a cap on. Also have seen Ian Turpie who got on riads bus one day, i even have a shotty video to prove it :P somewhere! I  know theres more but thats all i can think of right now, unless you wanna include politicians - like that time john and I saw hargraves (who john had said he would punch in the face if he ever saw him) and he didn't, we just yelled from a distance and ran away

Sir Pompously

QuoteKRAMER: Hey, I saw DiMaggio in the donut shop again.
JERRY: Uh huh.
KRAMER: Yeah.
ELAINE: Joe DiMaggio?
KRAMER: Joe DiMaggio, you know this time I went in and sat down across from him and I really watched him. I studied, his every move. For example, he dunks.
ELAINE: Joe DiMaggio dunks his donut?!
KRAMER: That's right. )

JERRY: See, now I know it's not him. Joe DiMaggio could not be a dunker.
KRAMER: Oh, he's a dunker.
ELAINE: Why couldn't he be a dunker?
KRAMER: And nothing diverts his attention. Like, I'm uh, you know, I-I, like I'm sitting in there, you know. And, uh, I start banging on the table, you know, to uh, so that he'll look up, you know, Like I'm sitting there you know and uh, *bang* (slams the table) You know, *bang* He wouldn't move. So then I start doing these yelping noises. Like, *yip* (high pitched yelping noises) *yip*. No reaction because the guy is so focused, you see, he can just block out anything that's going on around him. See, that's how he played baseball. He dunks like he hits.
ELAINE: So then what?
KRAMER: Well, then the waitress, she comes up and she tells me to shut up or they're gonna throw me out.
ELAINE: Why didn't you just call out his name?....
The band Eskimo Joe, Have been close to Alice Cooper (Unfortunently was called away before he got to where I was standing), Kevin Rudd P.M's wife and son, Peter Garrett, Many other politicians, Ernie Dingo etc.....

Irisbus Rider

Quote from: MaxiZac on December 09, 2009, 09:15:39 AM(who john had said he would punch in the face if he ever saw him) and he didn't, we just yelled from a distance and ran away
I began yelling something out to him until he turned around and glanced in my general direction :P

Trolleybusracer

Oh i seen Lynne Kosky, Called her a Scrag as i walked past

Barry Drive

I saw Jon Stanhope at the BUS 390 launch as well as Lachlan Kennedy (not sure if either counts as famous) and Alexander Downer during a bus tour in the Adelaide Hills.

Busnerd

Reminds me, i always used to serve that guy off ten news, paul bongiorno or however u spell his name

bubzie

Sigh. I'll have to +1 you all.

The queen.

She was launching some thing i got selected to go to, to represent my primary school in, in year 2. I came like 5m away from her....

Sir Pompously

Quote from: MaxiZac on December 13, 2009, 09:40:31 PM
Reminds me, i always used to serve that guy off ten news, paul bongiorno or however u spell his name
A Very nice guy he is to, always up for a chat.

lukeo25

People i've met are, Arj Barker when he came to canberra back in 2007 and not famous in the country but he is famous in the stand up comedy scene in canberra it is, Jay Sullivan and a little fact about him he teached me english in high school and because of that i met Arj Barker. I have a signed ticket what signed for me which i'll scan in the next few days :)   

Barry Drive

Quote from: lukeo25 on December 14, 2009, 12:10:01 AM
... Jay Sullivan and a little fact about him he teached me english in high school and because of that i met Arj Barker. I have a signed ticket what signed for me which i'll scan in the next few days :)   
He clearly did not do a very good job of 'teached me english'!

ScaniaDriver

Ah yes, I forgot about all of the shows I went to. I've seen Rove, Peter Helliar, Judith Lucy, Dave Hughes and Arj Barker (not TV shows, but stand up). They were all seperate shows. Also, I was on TV for 0.5 seconds when a school friend and I went to Willoughby's channel 9 studios and were on Merrick and Rosso's Unplanned show. I was sitting with my friend and he asked a question "If you could repaint the Harbour Bridge, what colour would you paint it?". They filmed 50 minutes worth of show and only 20 mins was shown. My friend was cut out but when they showed the audience clapping, I was on it for 0.5 seconds at 11pm  :o I'm famous lol

Busnerd

If we're talking about signed things, ive met 'killing heidi' if anyone remembers them, and I was in a commercial for 'safety house' as a weiner kid

ScaniaDriver

lol weiner Mat in a commercial. How long were you in it for?

Busnerd

A few seconds if i recall, we all had to say at once "feeling unsure, knock on a safety house door" then some old bat rabbited on about something

Snorzac

I saw Julie from Masterchef at the Dalmry 'Bowlo' last night

CNG

I once saw Queen Elizabeth II when she was visiting Canberra on her way to the commonwealth games in Melbourne. I have also seen Jon Stanhope sipping coffee at cafe in Manuka and few other former chief ministers such as Kate Carnell and Gary Humpheries.