ACT Bus Server Move - April 2012 (Includes Forum Downtime)

Started by Buzz Killington, March 30, 2012, 11:47:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Buzz Killington

The ACT Bus Site has been moved to a new server.

Over the last week, the entire site has been relocated to a new server with a lot more space for the site to grow. The final step is to redirect the actbus.net address to our new server (it is currently pointing to our 'old' server).

As a result, the forum will be closed from 8pm Sunday 1 April for approximately 12-24 hours. This is being done so that we can move across every post without losing any that are made whilst the domain is redirected.

All areas of the website should remain accessible during the redirect however users outside Australia may experience downtime. There is a possibility that some local users may also be unable to access the site during the redirect.

Updates will be posted to our Facebook and Twitter pages as necessary.

If anyone has any questions, please let me know :)

Barry Drive

Due to the impending server move, the Photo of the Month and Featured Bus for April will only be loaded onto the new server. So there will be a slight delay before these will be displayed.

Buzz Killington

Since I had a bit of spare time, I've now added both to the "old" server version of the site :)

Buzz Killington

Hi all,

The move has been postponed due to unforeseen circumstances. Apologies for the inconvenience.

I have also been advised that some spam links have found their way into the main website so that will be down for a few days whilst I get that sorted

Buzz Killington

The site is now running from our new server.

You will need to reupload your avatars.

Bus 400

Quote from: Buzz Killington on April 05, 2012, 11:29:49 PM
You will need to reupload your avatars.

I took this optunity to pick a new avatar, which mainly meant walking around a bus to get the best angle. That is until my perfect ones eventually comes along, I've just got to get the right moment.

smitho

New format looks terrific, Buzz and team. Well done. Nice, easy to follow structure ...

Buzz Killington

Thanks smitho :)

Unfortunately the Gallery database had some corruption which means I have had to remove tags and captions and re-do them. Obviously it's a rather large job so it will be done in bits and pieces. Album covers in most cases are not displaying but these are being replaced as the tags and captions are being done.

What this means is that searching for a specific photo may not give you any results for the time being. If you see a album with no cover image, that does not mean the album is empty - click on the album title (usually BUS ###) to see the contents.