2019 Election

Started by Toyota Camry, February 17, 2019, 08:51:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Toyota Camry

I am voting for The Greens, as they are the only worthwhile option for Australia; it defies belief that any voters could choose other parties.

Busfanatic101

Quote from: Toyota Camry on February 17, 2019, 08:51:06 PM
I am voting for The Greens, as they are the only worthwhile option for Australia; it defies belief that any voters could choose other parties.

As much as you are free to your own opinion, it is important to also be respectful of others' views, which will each hold their own merit. Such a dismissive comment regarding all other views is ignorant and is likely to offend/alienate a large proportion of readers.

Northside

Quote from: Toyota Camry on February 17, 2019, 08:51:06 PM

It defies belief that people still think their opinion is the only possible valid opinion out there.

Toyota Camry

Quote from: Busfanatic101 on February 17, 2019, 10:10:03 PMAs much as you are free to your own opinion, it is important to also be respectful of others' views, which will each hold their own merit.
You are sounding like a number of members of the Liberal Party who believe in the "merit myth"; it is simply a racist way to see positions being filled by white males instead of women and Culturally and Linguistically Diverse members of our society who are more deserving of power.

Busnerd

Admin Note: Some comments have been removed due to personal attacks on one another, I remind all to be aware of the rules of the forum, if these are too difficult to abide by then please delete your account, as they will not be tolerated here.

Toyota Camry

It is less than one month now until the election; I am vote for Dr Andrew Leigh MP as my local member and for Bill Shorten MP as Prime Minister, and encourage all others to also do so, as they are putting forward the best offer for Canberrans, in particular those of us employed in the Australian Public Service.

Snorzac

I thought you were voting for the greens because "they are the only worthwhile option for Australia"

Toyota Camry

Quote from: Snorzac on April 21, 2019, 10:42:50 PMI thought you were voting for the greens because "they are the only worthwhile option for Australia"
I am voting for The Greens in the Senate as I am hoping they will oust Zed Seselja from his seat; in some past elections I have also voted for The Greens in the Lower House, however this year there is a strong progressive team on offer from Labor. Due to my field of work, I am able to tell which sort of government functions best; there has been a long gap since the glory days of Julia Gillard's administration, since that time action on climate change has declined to critically low levels. Initially I had been planning on voting for The Greens in the lower house this year too; since then I have done my research and decided that a strong progressive majority Labor Government will function better than a Labor/Greens Coalition, however in some circumstances such as the excellent Barr Government, the latter is the best option.

Toyota Camry

Here is Dr Andrew Leigh today on a light rail vehicle; this is just another reason to vote for him. I am going to attend pre-poll in Civic on Monday around 12:30pm to place my vote for Dr Leigh; the voting booth is located at 176 London Circuit for anybody else who wishes to place an early vote for Labor.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/D5ECZ66UwAAE_rJ.jpg

Busfanatic101

Quote from: Toyota Camry on April 26, 2019, 07:03:40 PMHere is Dr Andrew Leigh today on a light rail vehicle; this is just another reason to vote for him.
Because he went on a tram? Because he chose not to travel on a bus? Because he chose to stand?

Toyota Camry

Three leaders debates in a row have been firmly won by our soon to be Prime Minister Bill Shorten. I am looking forward to the return of Katy Gallagher to the Senate as well; she was an excellent Chief Minister of the ACT, as was her predecessor Jon Stanhope.

Sylvan Loves Buses

A good couple of speeches doesn't mean they will succeed, don't get your hopes up just yet, we've still got the election to deal with.

Toyota Camry

The result of this election can only be described as horrendous; if it were not for my employment here, I would consider moving to New Zealand, however if my position in the Australian Public Service were to be effected by Scott Morrison's cuts, then I would be likely to shift over to Auckland.

Sylvan Loves Buses

Well all I can say is, welcome to Canberra! Where not even the buses go your way anymore.