Bus advertising discussion

Started by Busnerd, November 23, 2009, 06:47:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Busnerd

I found an error on ACTIONs website. It says on their website that if you wish to advertise on ACTION buses then contact APN Outdoor....oops, someone forgot to tell them it's now Bus Advertising.

Snorzac

I think you got the wrong section, lol.

ACTION rarely update their site, they had the specs sheet for the  Scanias saying that the last one was BUS 362 up until late last year.

Barry Drive

As I write this, I'm sitting behind 870 - it has the 'BCC Rocks' ad on the back window. Good that BCC have different ads. But the BCC Rocks ad is not good.

Buzz Killington

There seems to be a fair few BCC ads around at the moment, haven't gotten a good look at any of them yet though

Buzz Killington

As I mentioned on twitter earlier, I spotted what appeared to be a new version of the "Give Way to Buses" ads.

I was a distance away but it was on an LED Scania. The ad featured an illustrated ACTION Bus (something with the green/orange livery) as well as a give way sign (but with more than just "Give Way" on the sign).

Barry Drive

That ad has been applied to a few Irisbuses tonight.

Bus 400

Quote from: Buzz Killington on May 06, 2010, 06:29:25 PM
As I mentioned on twitter earlier, I spotted what appeared to be a new version of the "Give Way to Buses" ads.

I was a distance away but it was on an LED Scania. The ad featured an illustrated ACTION Bus (something with the green/orange livery) as well as a give way sign (but with more than just "Give Way" on the sign).

Would this be that ad?

Snorzac

That ad looks awesome. I find it funny that the car is a camary though...

Buzz Killington

It does indeed.

Thanks for the photo Bus 400.

Busnerd

Barry Drive

For those who've been lucky enough not to see it yet, this is the BCC Rocks ad:

Note: mobile phone photo

There needs to be a law against fake instrument playing.

Sir Pompously

Oh Jesus. I have seen the other BCC ad, but not this one.

Buzz Killington

What kind of student puts their hand up to say "yes! I want to make a ridiculous pose that will end up on the back of buses!"

Barry Drive

They might be models. If they are I hope, for their sake, they are not locals.

belcodriver

The other one is nearly as bad, fuck those kids look like losers. I think the message they are trying to send is, "all you dweebs come to BCC where you won't get bullied by the mini-bogans [but will have to put up with endless blather about their imaginary friend the sky bully*]"

*AKA God in case anyone didn't figure that out.

Barry Drive

"The other one"- there are (at last count) FOUR other ones. The "jumping in the air" ad is the one that's nearly as bad; the rest are passable.

Barry Drive

The BCC ads are being removed. Look out for new Subway ads including large ones on the side of artics.

Sir Pompously

Oh good, nice to hear the BCC ones lasted long :P Ad's on Artics, I no complain!

Buzz Killington

Large ones on artics eh? Hmm, sounds interesting..

Quote from: MyWay on January 14, 1974, 09:28:41 PM
They might be models. If they are I hope, for their sake, they are not locals.

I overheard a conversation between two ladies in a supermarket recently in which one mentioned that her daughter was one of the kids on the BCC ads.

Buzz Killington

987 is now sporting one of the aforementioned large Subway ads on its left hand side.

And don't know how new these are, but saw a .2 with a Canberra Times advert on its right side tonight.

blackdragon

I saw a Mk1 Artic with the Subway ad (well it had a sandwich on it) on it's left hand side this morning, I was too far away and driving in the wet to get a bus number.

Barry Drive

I know that 704 and 988 have got them (the Subway ads that is). I haven't yet checked if they are all the same or if each one has a different sub on them.

The Canberra Times ad is on 959 (and most likely others). It's been there for a few weeks.

Irisbus Rider

There is also a Tuggeranong MkI artic, possibly 719/721? Metrobus may have better memory than I do on the matter!

Thanks for the info there, 'MyWay', hopefully, this ad type will be more widespread, as it takes full advantage of the avaliable space on the bus.

p_stampy

Quote from: blackdragon on June 17, 2010, 10:45:04 PM
I saw a Mk1 Artic with the Subway ad (well it had a sandwich on it) on it's left hand side this morning, I was too far away and driving in the wet to get a bus number.

I saw bus 720 with a subway add on it ... going along the parkway this arvo at about 430-445.

I didn't get a good look at it cos I was driving, but It looked a bit like it was stamped on, and didn't flow?

Irisbus Rider

Quote from: p_stampy on June 18, 2010, 07:09:48 PMbut It looked a bit like it was stamped on, and didn't flow?
How very appropriate :P

And yeah, I think 720 was the one Metro and I saw, not sure......

BTW, if you mean how they are applied, I think this one is see through vinyl, as it is placed on windows, similar to that ad on the side of 898, and a few others.....I think.

p_stampy

hehe

im sure it is applied properly, it just didnt look like it flowed like some others do?

ps: stamping is bad... it leads to using crutches :(

Snorzac

CNG

899 also had a new form of advertisment, it would be good if they could make an AOA artic bus.

Sir Pompously

They have before, many moons ago. It was a MAN SG192 in State Rail Intercity XPT Livery. I would say the cost of doing up an artic in vinyl would be too expensive for alot of companies to afford, or more than they would want to spend.

I Did see a good three MkI's with the new Advert at Tuggeranong when I passed on Tuesday.

Barry Drive

To answer my own question: there are different subs on the ads.

Bus 400

What do these subay ad's look like? As I saw an arti bus in City West tonight with the Woolsworths green & what looked like the Woolworths logo, but didn't get a real good look.

Barry Drive

2 diesel MANs (so far) have got rear ads for the new Gungahlin secondary college. (402 & 407)

Snorzac

The Subway ad for those who have not seen it:

Bus 400

I think Bus 979 might be getting an ad soon/has had an ad removed, as on Sunday there was a guy with his car parked next to Bus 979 in the Belconnen Depot sheds sitting down cleaning/touching up the side of Bus 979.

CNG

here is a tip for action more AOA buses. :)

Buzz Killington

AOA's are a bit hard really - obviously they can only really do them when a company decides they want to a) take the 'all over' option and b) do it in Canberra.

Special Liveries, on the other hand, is something that we used to have a lot of, mainly for our national institutions (Questacon, War Memorial, Film and Sound Archives), and for community service kinda things (Recycling, Driver Safety, Human Rights Office). It would be great to see this sort of thing happen again.

Buzz Killington

I thought the patches of orange/blue "stickers" covering up the missing paint on the Renaults was bad enough, but 791 now has white patches on its right hand side.

Looks very, very tacky.

Snorzac

that sounds dodge, can't wait to see it and laugh at it for myself!

Bus 400

Bus 804 has this style, it looks like when you peel a sticker off & don't quite get all of it in one go.

Buzz Killington

That's what I thought 791 had originally, but the pieces have straight edges, unlike 804 which as you say looks like a sticker that has ripped apart when you try to peel it off something

Barry Drive

901 has a new side ad for Rubee's.

Bus 400

Someone at ACTION has taken notice over the poor job done on bus ad removals, so when the ANU Ad was removed of 870, a patch of the ad was left on.

Buzz Killington

Quote from: Bus 400 on August 25, 2010, 07:25:38 PM
Someone at ACTION has taken notice over the poor job done on bus ad removals, so when the ANU Ad was removed of 870, a patch of the ad was left on.

Think you mean 780.

Bus 400

Barry Drive

There's an ad for Canberra Motorcycle Centre on the back of buses which used to say "Wouldn't you rather be on a bike than on a bus?" The ad has now been modified with a sticker to say "... in a car?" Wonder what made them change it.

Buzz Killington

Quote from: MyWay on November 26, 2010, 08:03:43 PM
There's an ad for Canberra Motorcycle Centre on the back of buses which used to say "Wouldn't you rather be on a bike than on a bus?" The ad has now been modified with a sticker to say "... in a car?" Wonder what made them change it.

It seems more logical that anyone reading the ad would be in a car rather than on a bus, but whether or not that's the reason..

CNG

action is practically advertising not to ride there buses, sort  of

Bus 400

It is just like that radio ad for Crust pizza ".....when you buy a bus ticket, you should get a Ferrari...." For those who haven't heard the ad it, it has something to do with getting freebies when buying something.

Barry Drive