Network '09 - May Changes

Started by Barry Drive, February 02, 2009, 01:02:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barry Drive

The next batch of changes are coming in April.

I have heard it mentioned that 43 will service West Macgregor and there will be changes to Dunlop services.

Bus 400

Going by the "Temporary Bus Stop" signs in Harrison & Franklin, I think that the 58 may be altered then. I think that eventually the 58 will work its way back through Franklin North into Gungahlin or be spilt into 2 routes (57-Harrison & 58-Franklin).

Bus 400

Do we know if the 30min frequency will be brought into effect in April or are ACTION going to do Network 09 Part III in later on?

Also is someone able to fully explain this frequency (for example what route get it to start off with).

Irisbus Rider

Depends on the avaliability of drivers. Hopefully ACTION will introduce it with the Belconnen timetable changes.

Changes to Dunlop services? 43 through Macgregor West? Interesting. Maybe they'll begin the 43 at Charnwood Shops, through Handcock, Osburn, West Macgregor, then the normal route from Kippax?
I have a feeling the 45s days are limited as well, but generally speaking, if you get rid of the 43 through Dunlop, you only miss a few stops, and most of those are covered by the 45. Interesting to see what will happen.

Barry Drive

From what I've seen of the (draft) Belconnen shifts for April, the changes are due only to Belconnen Interchange's closure. Routes that service Belconnen will have timetable and minor route changes, but nothing major.

So it looks like the Macgregor and Dunlop changes will be further off - perhaps July.

Snorzac

So at this stage, what changes are we going to see

Bus 400

Quote from: Martin on February 23, 2009, 11:27:58 AM
From what I've seen of the (draft) Belconnen shifts for April, the changes are due only to Belconnen Interchange's closure. Routes that service Belconnen will have timetable and minor route changes, but nothing major.

So it looks like the Macgregor and Dunlop changes will be further off - perhaps July.

Maybe these new shifts at the end of May/early June are the new main changes.....

Busnerd

Anyone know when these april changes due to interchange closure will commence?

Do we have a date?

Bus 400

Wouldn't it be the 27th which is the next day after closure.

We should know next week or so when the new details are released to the public. That is as it appears the drivers already know.

Irisbus Rider

3rd weekend of May? I think.....

Bus 400

I have overheard before 25th May, but those shifts were sent back to ACTION Management

Irisbus Rider

Yep, thats the one. The Sunday of the 3rd weekend in May is what ACTION staff have been told.

Bus 400

Looks like the timetables will be available on 11 May 2009 & Network '09 Phase 2 will begin 25 May 2009.

Maybe this thread needs a month change......?

Irisbus Rider

It's not Network '09. This will be seen in July/August. This is just an update.

Buzz Killington

New timetables are out on Monday. Are we going to see any changes to routes aside from the Belconnen Town Centre?

Irisbus Rider

Not as far as I know, but it's always possible.
The additional services aren't expected to come online until February next year (these include RedEx).

Bus 400

Some of the drivers will know, as some have already picked their shifts, with shift pick continuing next week.

Snorzac

Most have picked their shifts, there isn't many that haven't

Bus 400

Part times picked this week, full timers next week.

Snorzac

Bus 400

But the full timer I ride with picks next Friday. While a part timer from Belco picked yesterday.

Buzz Killington

Snorzac

Well the time has almost arrived for all those new timetables to be rolled out. They were putting them into the stands yesterday but when breakdown van rider and myself asked if we could grab some they treated us like complete idiots, they are colour coded the same but I couldn't see whether the image was a Scania or a MAN.

Bus 400

The new timetables are MAN 375. The following changes will occur

-Changes to directions for all bus routes passing through Belconnen Town Centre
-Additional services on the following bus services: 7,26,30,31,44,64,300,703
-Extended trips to Majura Park on Route 10
-New Peak hour express service betweeen the City & Fyshwick-Route 780
-Change in direction to Route 65 through Gowrie-now goes via Coyne Street

This information is in the new Network Brochure

A new weekend bus book will be published. I have been given access to the new timetables for Tuggeranong Interchange. If you don't believe me, I'll bet you $200 that these changes will occur.

Snorzac

Was it a supervisor that gave you permission?

Bus 400

Yeah, I went in the offices & saw them & asked. The 65 is quite weird. As it goes Castleton Crescent, L Bugden Avenue, R Coyne Street, R Isabella Drive & continues as per 65. But they are given extra time.

I am currently looking at the new timetables & the weekend bus book doesn't have the year printed on it anymore & will be orange in colour.

Also the 705 Xpresso timetable looks weird with the 3 bus station times.

Also Tuggeranong Interchange have everything set up for tomorrow morning, with a box for each timetable except 18,19,60,62. While Woden have them in their store room.

Busnerd

The May network changes have been posted online...
ACTION also seem to have brought back timetabled wheelchair services!

http://www.action.act.gov.au/new_timetables_25_May.html

belcodriver

Fulltimers and part timers pick shifts concurrently. IIRC the part time picks end this Wed and the fulltime next Wed.

Busnerd

Noticed this...

Note: Attachment has expired.

Buzz Killington

Barry Drive

Quote from: MaxiZac on May 11, 2009, 07:59:05 AM
ACTION also seem to have brought back timetabled wheelchair services!
You may notice that the Intertown services are no longer full 'Easy Access' services. Only those indicated on the online timetable.

But they still claim that all Intertowns will be Bike 'n Ride services.

Sir Pompously

The only 'Easy Access' is the 300 numbered routes.

I wish ACTION would bring back the Bus Pack or Bus Book's, it would save me now having to go down and getting every individual timetable of the old series (They were in my bag, and got soaking wet last time I was in Sydney!) and the new series!

Barry Drive

On the consolidated Intertown timetable, only wheelchair buses for route 300 are shown. For the other intertown routes, you need to look at the individual timetable for each route to find out which are operated by 'Easy Access' buses.

I kid you not.

Buzz Killington

Quote from: Sir Pompously on May 14, 2009, 12:31:25 PM
I wish ACTION would bring back the Bus Pack or Bus Book's,

Definitely.

lukeo25

agree on that, it would be easier

Bus 400

ACTION have now provided a guide to timetable changes. This can be found at http://www.action.act.gov.au/doc/demolition_bel_Interchange/overview_of_changes.pdf

Also for all those drivers dreading the new 65 route. I am partly to blame for that, as I put forward a suggestion to divert the 66 up Jackie Howe Crescent MACARTHUR as they don't have a service. So ACTION's thinking is to add bus services to the south of Macarthur.

Barry Drive

That overview of changes is very useful. I had forgotten to mention the Woden Interchange weekend platform changes. Now they just need to change some of the City Interchange weekend platforms (and weekday ones too).

Irisbus Rider

Quote from: TP 3000 on May 15, 2009, 09:29:05 PM
Also for all those drivers dreading the new 65 route. I am partly to blame for that, as I put forward a suggestion to divert the 66 up Jackie Howe Crescent MACARTHUR as they don't have a service. So ACTION's thinking is to add bus services to the south of Macarthur.
Good work champ.....

Nah, I wouldn't blame you personally, ACTION have a tendancy to misinterpret passenger suggestions.....*cough...45...cough*.

Bus 400

Also, they could of easily extended the 65 further into Chisholm Shops.

Bus 400

Saw one of the new destos today. The 319 had its destination as "Belconnen Bus Stations". I would hope that eventually they just use the names like "Cohen Street Bus Station" or the other permanent ones.

Buzz Killington

Why would they need to use the individual station names on the destos? All routes service all of them.

Busnerd

Told you, theyve tried to do them themsleves and failed...

Bus 400

Quote from: Mr Snrub on May 20, 2009, 06:34:08 PM
Why would they need to use the individual station names on the destos? All routes service all of them.
What I mean is that services Terminating at Cohen Street Bus Station, would have that on the desto. While services terminating at the other end would have that bus station as their desto. Then services continuing onto City or further south would have any other desto

Barry Drive

Quote from: TP 3000 on May 20, 2009, 10:28:59 PM
What I mean is that services Terminating at Cohen Street Bus Station, would have that on the desto. While services terminating at the other end would have that bus station as their desto. Then services continuing onto City or further south would have any other desto
What you meant was clear. The question was 'why'? Buses terminating at Cohen St or Cameron Ave still travel to all 3 'Belconnen Bus Stations' - it more more meaningful to passengers who want to travel to Belconnen that the bus actually says Belconnen. Drivers already get enough idiots who ask 'is this bus going to Belconnen?' when the destination clearly says 'BELCONNEN INTERCHANGE'.

Personally I would have preferred that the destination sign be 'Belconnen Town Centre', but 'Belconnen Bus Stations' will do.

Bus 400

Route 3 has also changed over to "Bus Stations."

Sir Pompously

Yes, and so will any of the other services terminating in the Town Centre.

Personally I am with Martin, and I would prefer Town Centre on the destinations instead of 'Bus Stations'.

Busnerd

Well someone made files for every bus which said BELCONNEN TOWN CENTRE but apparently action havent decided to use them...

Snorzac

Here is a mock up desto using ZEdit.

Busnerd

Better desto's had already been made, so far it seems they weren't interested in them.

Busnerd

I also came up with Town Centre.

ACTION wanted to use Belconnen West Layover originally...but they seem to have opted for belconnen bus stations

CanberraTransport

Are the bus drivers going to be on different shifts from Monday?

Bus 400

All weekday shifts are effective from Monday 25/05/09 & the old shifts are slowly going to shift heaven over the next few days.

CanberraTransport

Bus 400

I have had a driver show me next weeks shift & the date that the shift confirms to award conditions was 08/04/09, but date of effect for the shift was 25/05/09. But his shift is hilarious as quite a few things repeat themselves (from recent weeks).

Also I'll warn some people in advance-some runs may not run due to shortages of buses & drivers & school runs always get priority.

Bus 400

As a part of the extended May changes, services from the 11, 60, 65 & other Tuggeranong Valley/Woden Valley/Weston Creek/North & South Canberra will not be running until extra buses can be acquired by ACTION.

I am 98% sure that the 07:30 60 ex Tuggeranong will not be running. The Tuggeranong starters have the list of shifts not running. Basically if your driver's shift passes through Belconnen Town Centre or has a school run, your bus will be running. If not, pigs will fly before you get your bus.

Busnerd

They will run, you are wrong.

Irisbus Rider

Quote from: MaxiZac on May 24, 2009, 11:35:17 PM
They will run, you are wrong.
They're short of buses and drivers, there is a possibility they will operate, but chances are, they might not.

Bus 400

Some drivers did arrive today, only to be sent home. Now that would annoy me as some would of woke up at 6amish & only to be told to go home. Tuggeranong Depot was almost empty by 07:30, with workshop guys quickly fixing quite a few buses.

bubzie

I just saw not 1, but two 11's (One southbound, one northbound!) go past. (Also, done by tug buses..)

i take your theory and screw it up.

(May of explained why i saw a fair few people waiting for buses earlier through.)

Bus 400

Quote from: bubzie on May 25, 2009, 02:24:59 PM
(May of explained why i saw a fair few people waiting for buses earlier through.)

Mostly only morning peak will be affected, with some early afternoon peak services affected. As by around 9am alot of artics & some standards are back at the depot, so a number of those buses would be sent out straight away.

Busnerd

I still don't see why they put extra runs on that they can't handle...why would they send 20 buses to Belconnen if they still needed them.

Buzz Killington

Quote from: TP 3000 on May 24, 2009, 10:19:17 PM
As a part of the extended May changes, services from the 11, 60, 65 & other Tuggeranong Valley/Woden Valley/Weston Creek/North & South Canberra will not be running until extra buses can be acquired by ACTION.

I am 98% sure that the 07:30 60 ex Tuggeranong will not be running. The Tuggeranong starters have the list of shifts not running. Basically if your driver's shift passes through Belconnen Town Centre or has a school run, your bus will be running. If not, pigs will fly before you get your bus.

Again, don't structure your posts as fact unless they are 100% accurate. I suggest that you start your posts with "i have heard" as opposed to "services will not be running"

Bus 400

I have attached a guide to the platforms at Belconnen Bus Stations that I have made up. It is a bit better then the overall town centre guide that can found on the ACTION website. Alternatively, I can email you a copy.

If all goes well, it may be available from the Customers Service Officers within the bus stations.

It is attached

[attachment deleted by admin]

Barry Drive

Lose the commas, or put spaces after the commas, and it will be much more readable.

It would be useful for drivers, but less so for members of the public.

Bus 400

Thanks for that, I'll get onto that during the weekend.

For those that are unaware, a new bus network map is now available & the platform details have been updated at Woden Interchange this afternoon.

Bus 400

I don't know if everyone is aware, but the following services no longer service the London Circuit Stop out the front of the Commonwealth Bank:

2-Dickson
7-Belconnen Interchange
9-Campbell Park
10-Fairbairn Park

People wishing to board/exit these services are now meant to do so at the bus stop on Akuna Street near the Myer exit

The Love Guru

Quote from: TP 3000 on June 07, 2009, 08:53:24 PM
I don't know if everyone is aware, but the following services no longer service the London Circuit Stop out the front of the Commonwealth Bank:

2-Dickson
7-Belconnen Interchange
9-Campbell Park
10-Fairbairn Park

People wishing to board/exit these services are now meant to do so at the bus stop on Akuna Street near the Myer exit

What? Well if this is the case ACTION have failed to tell the drivers! However, i doubt it.

Sir Pompously

They still service the stop as nothing has been posted on the ACTION Website, and on the timetable map (Only a Guide I know) they specifically state 'London Cct' (Atleast on the 10 timetable anyway).

Bus 400

It says that on the bollard thing under Route number description. What do your lefts & rights say under the London Cct stop at the front bit?

But the network map on the website has also changed.

Barry Drive

Quote from: Chris_Guru on June 08, 2009, 10:46:34 AM
What? Well if this is the case ACTION have failed to tell the drivers! However, i doubt it.
It looks like they did tell us - just not very well. The sheet titled 'London Circuit Bus Stops' lists 2, 7, 9 and 10 under the heading 'Akuna Street Stop' (despite the fact that the sheet is supposed to be about London Circuit). Those routes are not listed for 'Comm Bank Stop'.

The Love Guru

Fair enough then! I have picked people up at that stop this week for the route 10, obviously well advertised to the passengers.