Royal Canberra Show services 2010

Started by Barry Drive, February 16, 2010, 12:46:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barry Drive

ACTION has announced the services to the RCS. http://www.action.act.gov.au/canberra_show.html

The usual routes 990, 991, 992 and 993 will operate (normal fares apply) with Easy Access buses in daytime.

On Friday and Saturday night there will be FREE artic shuttles between City and EPIC.

Buzz Killington

Two items of note from that page:

a) They still refer to 'Belconnen Bus Interchange'
b) The free shuttles back to the City at night are "larger capacity and not wheelchair accessible" = artics!

Barry Drive

Have I mentioned that I'll be driving one of those charters on Saturday night?

Buzz Killington

On Twitter, yes.

Hopefully no spew-ups in the aisle..

Bus 400

There was a big stuff up today with the shuttles. In the newest desto update that also removed the scrolling Redex desto, someone forgot to add Routes 990 & 991. Also some buses could only get "Canberra Show" "Exhibition Park" on Routes 992 & 993, this meant that most buses were running around with 992 or 993 "Canberra Show" "Exhibition Park" wether they were terminating in the City/Belconnen, however I did see a few buses with 992 Tuggeranong Interchange & 993 Woden Interchange.

Luckily the artics won't have this issue tonight.

I will say one thing, it is my first time to the Canberra Show since people were made to pay to use the Show Specials. The one thing I noticed was the Show Shuttles have gone from packed articulated buses to  75% full standard buses.

Busnerd

once again, if they would make use of perfectly good desto files they could have been displaying

WODEN INTERCHANGE
Canberra Show

Via City Interchange