Kambah Services

Started by Bus 400, May 15, 2009, 07:35:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bus 400

There is a Kambah Park 'n' Ride down near Old Kambah High. Well there was last time I looked. But this could be better utilized by atleast providing a bus stop on Drakeford Drive or possibly diverting the 705/785/787 via there.

But you should of seen the amount of people waiting on Athllon Drive near Torrens Primary end of Beasley Street this morning, there are quite a few people there.

I have also wondered why the 60/62/160/162 aren't diverted via Sulwood Drive & Athllon Drive. The stop that is currently on Tuggeranong Parkway, just north of Sulwood Drive could be moved around the corner onto Sulwood Drive. This would help with the Athllon Drive loads.

smitho

Quote from: TP 3000 on May 15, 2009, 07:35:42 PM
There is a Kambah Park 'n' Ride down near Old Kambah High. Well there was last time I looked. But this could be better utilized by atleast providing a bus stop on Drakeford Drive or possibly diverting the 705/785/787 via there.

But you should of seen the amount of people waiting on Athllon Drive near Torrens Primary end of Beasley Street this morning, there are quite a few people there.

I have also wondered why the 60/62/160/162 aren't diverted via Sulwood Drive & Athllon Drive. The stop that is currently on Tuggeranong Parkway, just north of Sulwood Drive could be moved around the corner onto Sulwood Drive. This would help with the Athllon Drive loads.

Yes, I've had similar ideas - that there may be sense in diverting the 60 and 62s on to Athllon via Sulwood; the 67s might be another candidate for similar diversion. They could even operate some as 360s, 362s...

Irisbus Rider

Would that extend the trip for Kambah residents by about 10 mins?
I doubt it would help the Athllon Dr loads, as most of the people on Athllon Dr, look at the desto of the bus *shock horror*, and will wait for a 3**, or a 1**. Plus, IIRC, peak hour 60s/62s are crowded.
IMO, they ought to bring in the 760, and the 762, which would operate a 60/62, until the top of Kambah on the Tuggeranong Parkway, and run express to the City. And keep running the 60s/62s to Woden of course.

Buzz Killington

I dont think there's a need to divert the 62 up Sulwood, keep that running via the Parkway to service those two stops, but the 60 could be diverted to keep going on Sulwood, around the back of East Kambah up to Athllon, rather than turning left off Sulwood onto the Parkway.

Agree on the 760/762 idea. There really should be Expresso's that at least run through all suburbs, even if its just on a few of the main roads through those suburbs.

Bus 400

I had even thought that is Kambah itself doesn't have the numbers for 2 Xpresso services. They could do another version of the 704 Xpresso. Where they start at Erindale & the 760 run up Wanniassa West & through Kambah West. The 762 could do the same but run up Wanniassa East & Kambah East. But in previous Networks, Kambah East had a 62/162 every 10-15 minutes (even in Network '06) & these services were quite full & with some 162 services being 75-80% packed bus by Tuggeranong Parkway a Sulwood Drive stop.

But with the 60 series, going by my above statement, sending the 60/62 up Sulwood Drive would only work in peak periods if either an Xpresso was introduced or extra 60/62 services were added. Also if we send the 67 via Sulwood Drive, the same could also be done for the 66. It may affect a few passengers who use the hospital stop. But it would help a lot more in Torrens, Mawson & Pearce.

Buzz Killington

Quote from: TP 3000 on May 16, 2009, 01:07:34 PM
I had even thought that is Kambah itself doesn't have the numbers for 2 Xpresso services.

The largest suburb in Canberra doesn't have the numbers for 2 Xpresso services? You also go on to state that peak services running 10-15 minutes apart were quire full.

Busnerd

I think I agree somewhat that they should phase out the 160 series in favour of 700's...I know they aren't really xpresso's but it brings the numbers into line with the rest of the system.

However the 170 is in a similar boat that it's not a true xpresso, I think because it goes through interchanges.

But they could still easily do 760, 761, 762, 770

Irisbus Rider

Quote from: TP 3000 on May 16, 2009, 01:07:34 PMAlso if we send the 67 via Sulwood Drive, the same could also be done for the 66. It may affect a few passengers who use the hospital stop. But it would help a lot more in Torrens, Mawson & Pearce.
You're missing the point, people on Athllon Dr will only catch the Intertowns, not the suburban 6* services.
As for the number usuage, thats only a trivial issue.