Molongo Valley Services?

Started by Bus 400, March 04, 2009, 09:36:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bus 400

With land in North Weston being sold from June/July this year & more in other suburbs in the next few months after that. Does anyone have any speculation on the bus routes in & around Molonglo Valley? I think the most logical idea is to have a central terminus in the future town centre & run the services into City Interchange with an expanded Intertown running from Belconnen-Molonglo-Woden. I suspect that the Moonglo Valley will use the 30-39 number series, this is the case since with Network '08 most services in North & South Canberra number series changed to 00-09 to make way for Molonglo.

I do also suspect a new Route 29 will run Woden-Curtin-North Weston-Cooleman Court.

The Love Guru

How do you figure that the route numbers in the 30 series have been made available?? We have 30-31 and 39 atm. the reason for the numbering of buses in the single digit form was to make them easier to remember (so they say) and it also signified a route through the city. I think you'll find that the route numbers are not of a concern until the routes have been finalised, they do not "free up" blocks of route numbers for future areas!

Bus 400

It is just a guess, but if you think about it (except for Tuggeranong Valley) the number series would be in a connecting loop.

Snorzac

They just give it a number, they come up with the route and give it a number

Irisbus Rider

Mate, just hold your horses for now. This thread is nearly as bad as "MAN deliveries (390-517)"!

In all seriousness though, they will probably just do what they did to Gungahlin, link the two adjoining town centres to the new development, so routes will probably go City to Belconnen/Woden, depending the location of the suburb serviced.

I've been thinking hard as usual, what we need is a Circle Intertown.
500- Molonglo town Centre - Coulter Drive - Belconnen Town Centre stops - Aikman Drive - William Webb/Gundaroo - Gungahlin Town Centre - Flemington - Northbourne - City Interchange - Constitution Av - Russell/Barton - Manuka - Cap'n Cook - Hindmarsh - Woden - Hindmarsh - Weston Ck - Molonglo.

501 - The opposite way.

As most routes would go straight to City from Molonglo, then this Circle Intertown would link Molonglo to Woden, Russell/Barton, Belconnen and Gungahlin. It would probably have a 10 min frequency, and be operated by special liveried 14.5s. What a pipedream, ahhhhh.....

Bus 400

I think that there is something within the Sustainable Transport Plan connecting the town centers & Molonglo. But I have lost my copy to check it up.

Bus 400

I was shown a "Master Plan" of Molonglo as from what I saw, the bus routes will be similar set up to what North & South Canberra is at the moment. Only selected people have seen this document (invitation only-I was given an invitation due to a role I play within the Molonglo Valley) & I was given permission to report this minimal details to you guys.

Irisbus Rider

Play a role within the Molonglo Valley? Tell us more, I'm intrigued.........

I have been in possesion of one for some time now, through ActewAGL contacts.

Busnerd

Well i got a hold of it too, and it looks quite interesting what they're going to do, but as you say quite similar to how it is now.

Sir Pompously

Quote from: TP 3000 on May 06, 2009, 10:35:14 PM
I was shown a "Master Plan" of Molonglo as from what I saw, the bus routes will be similar set up to what North & South Canberra is at the moment. Only selected people have seen this document (invitation only-I was given an invitation due to a role I play within the Molonglo Valley) & I was given permission to report this minimal details to you guys.
Dressing up in woman's clothes is not really considered a role, rather a performance.....

Bus 400

As a part of the Emergency Services Agency, I am required to work out what is the best way for fire trucks to attend incidents & with the Molonglo  Valley, the roads that are currently being used will be altered & new roads added. So while the work is going on, attendance times will be increased. However once the work is complete, some incidents will be attended quicker.

But I wonder if your plans show street locations.

Buzz Killington

Quote from: Sir Pompously on May 06, 2009, 11:00:54 PM
Dressing up in woman's clothes is not really considered a role, rather a performance.....

:leno:

Bus 400

Does anyone know wether the desto rolls for the PR100.2 MkI's will be reprinted for Molonglo Valley, or will they most likely rarely enter Molonglo Valley or if they have to just have the number & a piece of cardboard/plastic with the destination written on that?

Buzz Killington

i would've thought the services will run to/from woden, cooleman, belconnen or city - therefore they'd just use those on the rollers.

Bus 400

I suppose, but I was thinking more in the early stages, so where services would run to Coombs or Wright & terminate out there & then extend to Molonglo Town Centre. But I suspect that by the time Molonglo Town Centre is complete, these buses would of been sold anyway.