Network '09 - May Changes

Started by Barry Drive, February 02, 2009, 01:02:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CanberraTransport

Are the bus drivers going to be on different shifts from Monday?

Bus 400

All weekday shifts are effective from Monday 25/05/09 & the old shifts are slowly going to shift heaven over the next few days.

CanberraTransport

Bus 400

I have had a driver show me next weeks shift & the date that the shift confirms to award conditions was 08/04/09, but date of effect for the shift was 25/05/09. But his shift is hilarious as quite a few things repeat themselves (from recent weeks).

Also I'll warn some people in advance-some runs may not run due to shortages of buses & drivers & school runs always get priority.

Bus 400

As a part of the extended May changes, services from the 11, 60, 65 & other Tuggeranong Valley/Woden Valley/Weston Creek/North & South Canberra will not be running until extra buses can be acquired by ACTION.

I am 98% sure that the 07:30 60 ex Tuggeranong will not be running. The Tuggeranong starters have the list of shifts not running. Basically if your driver's shift passes through Belconnen Town Centre or has a school run, your bus will be running. If not, pigs will fly before you get your bus.

Busnerd

They will run, you are wrong.

Irisbus Rider

Quote from: MaxiZac on May 24, 2009, 11:35:17 PM
They will run, you are wrong.
They're short of buses and drivers, there is a possibility they will operate, but chances are, they might not.

Bus 400

Some drivers did arrive today, only to be sent home. Now that would annoy me as some would of woke up at 6amish & only to be told to go home. Tuggeranong Depot was almost empty by 07:30, with workshop guys quickly fixing quite a few buses.

bubzie

I just saw not 1, but two 11's (One southbound, one northbound!) go past. (Also, done by tug buses..)

i take your theory and screw it up.

(May of explained why i saw a fair few people waiting for buses earlier through.)

Bus 400

Quote from: bubzie on May 25, 2009, 02:24:59 PM
(May of explained why i saw a fair few people waiting for buses earlier through.)

Mostly only morning peak will be affected, with some early afternoon peak services affected. As by around 9am alot of artics & some standards are back at the depot, so a number of those buses would be sent out straight away.

Busnerd

I still don't see why they put extra runs on that they can't handle...why would they send 20 buses to Belconnen if they still needed them.

Buzz Killington

Quote from: TP 3000 on May 24, 2009, 10:19:17 PM
As a part of the extended May changes, services from the 11, 60, 65 & other Tuggeranong Valley/Woden Valley/Weston Creek/North & South Canberra will not be running until extra buses can be acquired by ACTION.

I am 98% sure that the 07:30 60 ex Tuggeranong will not be running. The Tuggeranong starters have the list of shifts not running. Basically if your driver's shift passes through Belconnen Town Centre or has a school run, your bus will be running. If not, pigs will fly before you get your bus.

Again, don't structure your posts as fact unless they are 100% accurate. I suggest that you start your posts with "i have heard" as opposed to "services will not be running"

Bus 400

I have attached a guide to the platforms at Belconnen Bus Stations that I have made up. It is a bit better then the overall town centre guide that can found on the ACTION website. Alternatively, I can email you a copy.

If all goes well, it may be available from the Customers Service Officers within the bus stations.

It is attached

[attachment deleted by admin]

Barry Drive

Lose the commas, or put spaces after the commas, and it will be much more readable.

It would be useful for drivers, but less so for members of the public.

Bus 400

Thanks for that, I'll get onto that during the weekend.

For those that are unaware, a new bus network map is now available & the platform details have been updated at Woden Interchange this afternoon.

Bus 400

I don't know if everyone is aware, but the following services no longer service the London Circuit Stop out the front of the Commonwealth Bank:

2-Dickson
7-Belconnen Interchange
9-Campbell Park
10-Fairbairn Park

People wishing to board/exit these services are now meant to do so at the bus stop on Akuna Street near the Myer exit

The Love Guru

Quote from: TP 3000 on June 07, 2009, 08:53:24 PM
I don't know if everyone is aware, but the following services no longer service the London Circuit Stop out the front of the Commonwealth Bank:

2-Dickson
7-Belconnen Interchange
9-Campbell Park
10-Fairbairn Park

People wishing to board/exit these services are now meant to do so at the bus stop on Akuna Street near the Myer exit

What? Well if this is the case ACTION have failed to tell the drivers! However, i doubt it.

Sir Pompously

They still service the stop as nothing has been posted on the ACTION Website, and on the timetable map (Only a Guide I know) they specifically state 'London Cct' (Atleast on the 10 timetable anyway).

Bus 400

It says that on the bollard thing under Route number description. What do your lefts & rights say under the London Cct stop at the front bit?

But the network map on the website has also changed.

Barry Drive

Quote from: Chris_Guru on June 08, 2009, 10:46:34 AM
What? Well if this is the case ACTION have failed to tell the drivers! However, i doubt it.
It looks like they did tell us - just not very well. The sheet titled 'London Circuit Bus Stops' lists 2, 7, 9 and 10 under the heading 'Akuna Street Stop' (despite the fact that the sheet is supposed to be about London Circuit). Those routes are not listed for 'Comm Bank Stop'.

The Love Guru

Fair enough then! I have picked people up at that stop this week for the route 10, obviously well advertised to the passengers.