Pre-NXTBUS Bus Stops

Started by Buzz Killington, November 24, 2013, 09:04:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Busnerd

Quote from: ACTbusspotter on November 25, 2013, 10:24:34 AM
Also Noarlunga Cres in Bonython had unused stops, but not sure if these were pegs or blades/fingerboards.

My old school bus used to go down there and I do recall both pegs and some yellow NOARLUNGA CR, SCHOOL SERVICES ONLY finger boards.

King of Buses

Clianthus St still had its old blades too...I imagine the end of scrivener not serviced by 1/937/936 still has them too from the old 35 days...dryandra st probably has some too at the yha. And the cotter peg is definitely still there (I doubt they'd remove that...to lazy to go out there probably...but it's a nice reminder...well, of the buses going out there.

Bus 400

There's also an old SSO peg on Knox Street outside Watson Shops.

smitho

Quote from: Busnerd on January 05, 2015, 02:56:34 AM
My old school bus used to go down there and I do recall both pegs and some yellow NOARLUNGA CR, SCHOOL SERVICES ONLY finger boards.

Yes, I used to do a school run up Noarlunga Cres but I thought they were mainly blades up there...not entirely sure which school it was - possibly Marist College.

Bus 503

Quote from: King of Buses on January 10, 2015, 06:04:32 PM
Clianthus St still had its old blades too...I imagine the end of scrivener not serviced by 1/937/936 still has them too from the old 35 days...dryandra st probably has some too at the yha.

Last time I checked, Dryandra street didn't have old blades, just the concrete enclosure with an empty timetable slot... Its spirit lives on.....

Senior Girls Grammar has an old blade at their massive bus stop, not sure why it is there anyway as they have 2 new blades already. (One for school services and the other for regular runs:1,2,3.)

Someone at St Andrews Groom street Hughes has an old yellow bus stop peg. I've always wondered how it got there...

Buzz Killington

Sounds like it would probably be one of the fake stops used to collect the poor folks suffering dementia before they wander too far from home.

Bus 400

Quote from: Bus 503 on July 19, 2015, 08:23:43 AMSomeone at St Andrews Groom street Hughes has an old yellow bus stop peg. I've always wondered how it got there...

That is for the residents with dementia, apparently dementia patients remember some things, such as catching a bus as a child, & are attracted to those things. The nursing home near Cooleman Court also has one. This is a reason why some lost, old people are found on the buses after Police Operations put a call out to ACTION.

I'm not sure how the next lot of old people will go, they'll be texting the stop number & "Stop Not Found" will come back on their iglasses.

Bus 503

Quote from: Bus 400 on July 19, 2015, 09:43:21 AM

That is for the residents with dementia, apparently dementia patients remember some things, such as catching a bus as a child, & are attracted to those things. The nursing home near Cooleman Court also has one. This is a reason why some lost, old people are found on the buses after Police Operations put a call out to ACTION.

Interesting...

Quote from: Bus 400 on July 19, 2015, 09:43:21 AM

I'm not sure how the next lot of old people will go, they'll be texting the stop number & "Stop Not Found" will come back on their iglasses.

;D

The peg is inside the enclosure of the village, not on Groom street itself.

I also forgot to mention that Coranderrk (I think that's how you spell it) street has an old blade + shelter.

Here is a pic. Photo courtesy of ABC News 18 July (they had a segment, on yes, bus shelters!)

Barry Drive

That would be Doonkuna Street, rather than Coranderrk, as previously discussed here: http://www.actbus.net/forum/index.php?topic=1670.0

King of Buses

Quote from: Barry Drive on January 08, 2014, 12:02:38 PM
Thing is: nothing departs from Tugg #6 and hasn't for many years, yet it has a sign. But Woden #8 doesn't (at least I don't think it does), even though it was in use a few years ago.

As it turns out, apparently there is something leaving Plat 6...

http://www.action.act.gov.au/school_services/school_services_by_route_number?sq_content_src=%2BdXJsPWh0dHAlM0ElMkYlMkZmaWxlcy50cmFuc3BvcnQuYWN0Lmdvdi5hdSUyRnNjaG9vbHNfbjE0JTJGc2Nob29sX2FsbF9yb3V0ZXNfZGV0YWlsLmFzcCUzRlNlcnZpY2VJRCUzRDY5MCZhbGw9MQ%3D%3D
S/R 690...

There may be other runs but this was the one I found...

Even still...why isn't an SSO supplementary blade attached then???

Buzz Killington

Possibly used for set down for selected services?

King of Buses

Quote from: Buzz Killington on August 18, 2015, 07:00:27 PM
Possibly used for set down for selected services?

I go there almost every day. The only time I ever see a bus in plat 6 is for this school run, and occasionally in the peaks where you get a bus laying over there...

I don't see why they'd choose 6 as a designated set down point given they have 1 and 2...

Buzz Killington

There's not always a lot of logic behind some decisions! Could be the case if there's next to no layover time and a bus needs to commence a service from 7 or 8.

On topic, I noticed that the old blade on Clarrie Hermes Drive (just past Katherine Av) has been removed.

Bus 503

Did stops with that thing which clips on to the blade once have a fingerboard in place of the NXTBUS blade?

King of Buses

I cannot remember if this one has been mentioned or not, but Denison St (on that bit formerly served by the 30) opposite one of the SSO stops (closer to the Mint) has an old blade. Funnily enough, the other stop on that side of the street on that section had the bunker, blades, poles and all markings of its existence removed whereas this one looks untouched...

Buzz Killington

Quote from: Bus 503 on December 10, 2015, 03:07:23 PM
Did stops with that thing which clips on to the blade once have a fingerboard in place of the NXTBUS blade?

Yes

Bus967

Don't mean to dead post but, at least to my knowledge there is still one that has been there since my childhood, it's just outside the Lanyon Vikings club about a 10 minute walk from Lanyon terminus, I'm probably gonna visit it tomorrow after I sort out some housework and Repairs

It's located at (-35.4606462, 149.0943214) and the blade has been removed from the other handle across across from where this one is located, I'm not calling in a peg, as I'm thinking a peg is a short, stubby post, either made of wood or metal, like the one found (-35.4185030, 149.0667557) here or the metal ones found in Perth