Renaults a-go-go!

Started by Barry Drive, June 18, 2010, 06:49:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kramden

As ACTbusspotter 'Tweeted' elsewhere, 839 is withdrawn.  What a sight as I left the depot this evening: 836, 837, 838 and 839 parked side-by-side.  Drove the first two soon after training in August.  Bitter-sweet to see them parked all together.   

Buzz Killington

State of play updated: http://actbus.net/forum/index.php?topic=3265.new#new

Thanks to Ian Cooper for his assistance with filling in the blanks.

Bus 400

I wonder what the ADF do with the buses, I am pretty sure the AFP do the same thing as the Fire Brigade. Which is smash them up, put the buses in possible rescue situations.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Snorzac

Buzz Killington

Kramden

Bugger x 2.  No doubt this means 841's days are numbered.  One of my favourite Mk Is.

Snorzac

When was the last time someone sighted 923 on the road?

836 was also found out at Parkwood yesterday. It can be found exactly where 670 used to be parked out there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

smitho

Noticed Tuggy bus 803 'around the back' of Belco workshops on Sunday; hasn't been seen around Tuggy garage for several weeks now.

799 continues to be stripped of internals at a fairly rapid rate and remains on Tuggy bricks for this purpose.

783 was doing laps within the Tugg Depot last Friday with learner driver at wheel....not as interesting as laps @ TISC, not as many roos to contend with either.

Barry Drive

Quote from: Bus 400 on September 26, 2011, 08:28:59 PM
ACTION's About Us page has been updated to include information on disposals. The disposals until June 2012 have been allocated to a buyer/ACTION scrap metal. The next round of disposals up for sale is July 2013 (I suspect this is meant to be 2012).
This page has been changed. Perhaps some buyers have dropped out.

Due to ACTION's ongoing fleet replacement program, retired Renault PR100.2 buses are available for sale.

Current sale price is $4,000 plus GST per Bus

If the bus is going to be re-registered in the ACT, there is a requirement that the ACTION livery be replaced.

Buzz Killington

ACTbusspotter confirms via Twitter that 848 has been withdrawn following recent accident damage. 844 withdrawn also.

Barry Drive

786 has disappeared. Most likely to Sims metal.

smitho

Quote from: ACTbusspotter on November 24, 2011, 12:36:38 PM
786 has disappeared. Most likely to Sims metal.

From memory, that was quite a good bus.

Kramden

Walking the dogs around Melba/Flynn this morning I discovered - quite by chance - 837's new parking spot.  You see, that's the trouble when someone in suburbia acquires a bus.  It's just soooo noticable parked on the nature strip.

It was good to see her again albeit badgeless and plateless.  We have history.  I was assigned 837 on my first rostered solo shift earlier this year.

Kramden

Noticed 844 parked alone and plateless around the back of B workshops last night.  It cut a lonely figure at midnight.  Wonder where its fate lay... scrap or in someone's driveway?

Barry Drive

Scrap. 844 is mechanically unsound. The only way it will (or at least should) leave Belconnen Depot is on a tow truck or low loader. This could be why it hasn't been relocated to Woden.

[Last driver of 844 in service]

Bus 400

As mentioned on Twitter earlier this week, Bus 840 & another (will check over weekend) have been moved to Woden Depot.

EDIT-With Bus 803 being spotted at Dickson Registry, it must be Bus 839.

Buzz Killington

Merv319

Quote from: ACTbusspotter on December 02, 2011, 12:30:55 PM
The only way it will (or at least should) leave Belconnen Depot is on a tow truck or low loader.

Thank you for your info, do you have any idea when the tow truck comes?

Quote from: Bus 400 on December 02, 2011, 05:24:25 PM
As mentioned on Twitter earlier this week, Bus 840 & another (will check over weekend) have been moved to Woden Depot.
EDIT-With Bus 803 being spotted at Dickson Registry, it must be Bus 839.

I don't know what colour 839 and 840 are, but I checked today that one of them wears Mk1 livery and another one was a Mk1 but wearing Mk2 livery.

The Love Guru

Appears that 841 & 842 have both been wathdrawn from service

Merv319

Quote from: Buzz Killington on December 05, 2011, 05:02:06 PM
The Wiki can help answer those kinds of questions:

Thanks, that's perfect.

Kramden

Quote from: Chris_Guru on December 05, 2011, 07:55:30 PM
Appears that 841 & 842 have both been wathdrawn from service
Dang!  I enjoyed driving both of them.  A couple of great old war horses.  Wonder where they'll end up.

smitho

Pinky (803) was parked on the eastern side of the Monaro Highway-Isabella Drive roundabout yesterday, and sporting a large "FOR HIRE" sign.

Duco job looks great even if the color is a bit dodgy.

Snorzac

829 is parked up at Parkwood, seperate yard to 836.

Kramden

I noticed 848 parked around the back of workshops as I was leaving tonight.  Good grief I thought.  The engine flap is open revealing nothing short of a disembowellment in the engine compartment.  Elsewhere the bus looks like it's been (being?) trashed.  Evidence of a front end prang, no glass in desto,  also the rear doors have had the glass smashed.  Scrap yard me thinks. 

smitho

Quote from: Kramden on December 09, 2011, 12:42:14 AM
I noticed 848 parked around the back of workshops as I was leaving tonight.  Good grief I thought.  The engine flap is open revealing nothing short of a disembowellment in the engine compartment.  Elsewhere the bus looks like it's been (being?) trashed.  Evidence of a front end prang, no glass in desto,  also the rear doors have had the glass smashed.  Scrap yard me thinks.

...some people have no respect for elderly buses!

Buzz Killington

It had a run-in with a car a few weeks ago in Gungahlin IIRC, hence the withdrawal.

Hope somebody didn't have their heart set on 848 - not worth the cost to repair it given how close it was to retirement, so they'll rip what they want out and sent the rest to the scrap yards.

Kramden

"Attention, attention: this is your on-the-spot northside reporter Ralph Kramden bringing you breaking news..."

I was turning into B depot at approx 16:50 and saw BUS 843 leaving the building.  I only caught a quick glance as she rolled by.  Appeared to be driven by a bearded man in civilian clothing, i.e he wasn't wearing traditional workshop orange and it was obvious that the bus was not in service so he wasn't in a blue driver's shirt either.

Could this mystery man be the new proud owner of said vehicle?

Kramden

Quote from: Buzz Killington on December 10, 2011, 11:47:17 AM

848 - not worth the cost to repair it given how close it was to retirement, so they'll rip what they want out and sent the rest to the scrap yards.

Had that confirmed by a helpful workshop guy as I was leaving this morning.  We chatted about what great buses they are compared with their Renault siblings (.3s)

As reported earlier, 837 is out in the burbs...still.  Currently residing on a nature strip in Flynn.  Won't the neighbours be thrilled about that! 

Barry Drive

Quote from: Kramden on December 14, 2011, 09:07:48 PM
[843] appeared to be driven by a bearded man in civilian clothing, i.e he wasn't wearing traditional workshop orange and it was obvious that the bus was not in service so he wasn't in a blue driver's shirt either.
That could describe one of the TISC trainers. Given that 843 was in service the day before, is it possbile 843 is the new TISC trainer?

Also can southsiders keep an eye out at T depot to see if there's been any withdrawls recently now that 480 is in service. 804 is most likely, but 822 might be a possibility.

Barry Drive

Quote from: Kramden on December 09, 2011, 12:42:14 AM
I noticed 848 parked around the back of workshops as I was leaving tonight.  Good grief I thought.  The engine flap is open revealing nothing short of a disembowellment in the engine compartment.
844 has also had an engine-ectomy. Both are now quietly awaiting their fate in the form of a one-way visit to Sims Metal.

smitho

Advert appearing this week on the drivers'  information (TV) system @ T Depot refers to 840 and 841 being up for sale now at $4000 plus GST.

It also lists the other 800 series PR2's which will come up for sale between Jan and June 2012; I guess these details have been reported already on twitter etc.... 

Bus 400

Bus 842 is now sitting unregistered at Tuggeranong bricks.

Buzz Killington

804 parked along the fenceline today in amongst a whole heap of in-service buses.

Quote from: smitho on December 17, 2011, 04:32:34 PM
It also lists the other 800 series PR2's which will come up for sale between Jan and June 2012; I guess these details have been reported already on twitter etc.... 

Any chance you can make a note of those for us? Upcoming sales are not something we have information on.

Barry Drive

Quote from: Buzz Killington on December 18, 2011, 06:17:57 PM
Any chance you can make a note of those for us? Upcoming sales are not something we have information on.
840, 841 currently offered for sale

805, 810, 812, 814, 816, 817, 821, 822 & 845 will be available for sale between Jan and Jun. I presume that those not listed (804, 808, 809, 811, 815, 818, 846, 847, 849-854?) have already been sold.

smitho

The old faithfuls such as 808 and 804 have continued into the new year in revenue service. Possibly one indication of which Mk 1's are due to be withdrawn soon is that some of the Mark 1s have not received the new centre door 'No Exit' stickers which have been applied to most of the Tuggeranong fleet in recent weeks.

Buzz, you say "781 - Trainer? (Unclear)"; I'm 99% certain it is the 2nd Tuggy trainer as it get's the same treatment as 783 and they're parked together day after day @ T Depot, and I've seen it about in L plates. Is stripped of Two Way and Ticketing kit just like 783.

Bus 400

Quote from: smitho on January 04, 2012, 10:12:16 PM
The old faithfuls such as 808 and 804 have continued into the new year in revenue service.

Buses 804, 808 & 843 are now sitting at Woden Depot.

smitho

Quote from: Bus 400 on January 05, 2012, 06:07:57 PM
Buses 804, 808 & 843 are now sitting at Woden Depot.

What a come down for the Elvis Bus (808), my first shift bus.

Barry Drive

After its breakdown on Friday, 815 was towed to B depot today and ticketing equipment has been removed. Little doubt it is now withdrawn.

smitho

Forthcoming Mark 1 bus sales were again being advertised over the Tuggeranong muster room monitor today.

It lists the following buses which will be coming up for sale in the period through to July 2012:-

805, 810, 812
814, 816, 817
821, 822
and 845.

808 is conspicuously missing from this list....

Bus 400

Quote from: ACTbusspotter on January 09, 2012, 08:03:15 PM
After its breakdown on Friday, 815 was towed to B depot today and ticketing equipment has been removed. Little doubt it is now withdrawn.

Could that be a sign to look out for Buses 483/492* in service from tomorrow?

*That is without confirming if it is the MAN to of left Woden Depot.

Merv319

Quote from: Bus 400 on January 09, 2012, 10:01:31 PM
That is without confirming if it is the MAN to of left Woden Depot.

I went to see Woden Depot last Friday, and that time neither of those seemed to be there. The MAN I spotted was 494.

Snorzac

An engineless 842 was removed from Belconnen Depot today (with brand new ISRI seat in the drivers cab) on the back of the ACTION tow truck. It is believed the bus was taken to Sims Metal in Fyshwick.

Bus 400

Does anyone if either Bus 844 or 848 have been sent to Sims? As I went past yesterday & I only saw one of them on the back fence.

Snorzac

844 has, I dare say 848 will in the coming days, 815 will probably end up there as well.

lukeo25

curse me being in England, my work is around the corner from sims metal (fyshwick) , but when i get back i'll see what they have

Snorzac

I'm off to see if I can salvage some parts for 675 off it today.

Buzz Killington

Quote from: Metrobus on January 18, 2012, 11:57:05 AM
I'm off to see if I can salvage some parts for 675 off it today.

Let us know what you get... desto roll? :D

Snorzac

Hmmm, nothing. Ended up at Tuggeranong. Although one of the scrap yard owners said he might have one coming it.

Buzz Killington

Actually on reading your original post again, makes sense that it would be going to another depot. If Sims were taking it they'd send their own truck to get it.