Renaults a-go-go!

Started by Barry Drive, June 18, 2010, 06:49:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Snorzac

'MyWay' reports this was 762's last day on the road

Bus 400

Since we are getting up to the 700 series buses that are based at Tuggeranong wether a swap is on the cards soon? With Tuggeranong receiving more 800/900 series buses, Belconnen putting more 400 series buses in service & Woden storing more 700 series buses?

King of Buses

We should put together some photos on bus 762.
I think i've got some! :)

Buzz Killington

More would be good. We've only got two in our 762 Album

Barry Drive

Quote from: Bus 400 on July 27, 2010, 08:13:46 PM
Since we are getting up to the 700 series buses that are based at Tuggeranong wether a swap is on the cards soon? With Tuggeranong receiving more 800/900 series buses, Belconnen putting more 400 series buses in service & Woden storing more 700 series buses?

I was wondering this myself. But it's worth noting that B depot has 2 700 series rigids left and 2 MANs not in service; no more MANs have gone to Belco. Could it be that T depot is about to get some more. They might need them for when Redex is expanded.

Buzz Killington

lukeo25

I can confirm 752 is still in service i saw it this morning in woden

Barry Drive

The 4 K320s at Woden depot are likely to go to T depot, so whether they get MANs or not, expect to see some Renault withdrawals from Tuggy soon.

King of Buses

Quote from: King of Buses on July 29, 2010, 05:45:06 PM
We should put together some photos on bus 762.
I think i've got some! :)
I mixed up a picture of what I thought was 762 but it actually is 752.
Quote from: MyWay on July 31, 2010, 10:55:04 AM
expect to see some Renault withdrawals from Tuggy soon.
I do hope so.

On Friday evening I noticed 755 was parked in Belconnen Depot in the spot closest to Cohen St Platform 1 in front of some Darts.

Barry Drive

My earlier report of 763's withdrawal was premature - but now that 420 is in service, 763 has once again been removed from the sheds.

Get ready for the Tuggy withdrawals to start.

The Love Guru

764 was in the workshops yesterday and appeared to be having its equipment removed.

Bus 400

Due to the weather I didn't have a proper look, but at least 1 Renault has left Woden Depot. There has also been a movement of the Renaults around.

Bus 400

Bus 754 & 756 have left. Bus 763 is now at Woden.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Buzz Killington

Wonder where 754 and 756 have gone...

Snorzac

756 is parked behind 755 at Belconnen, 754 was no where to be seen, but it could be there as well

Buzz Killington

As noted in another thread, it could be at Tuggers.

smitho

Pleased to see 752 on Barry Drive at around 0915 and doing a revenue run - an Up No 8.

Drove 795 for my afternoon half today but had to return it to the bricks afterwards so that Workshops staff could complete a steam cleaning job on its undercarriage....

......made me wonder if this is another Mark 1 destined for an early retirement and sale...however it is fitted up with the Wayfarer gear, a newish drivers National seat and a pretty new am/fm radio.

786 is the only one I've been on that doesn't have the MyWay equipment set up yet.

(Sorry if that's been mentioned somewhere else)

Snorzac

755 and 756 would have returned to service today as part of the ticketing trial

Barry Drive

Not sure about that. The pilot buses will need both ticketing systems active. But since I don't know (yet) which buses are being used, can't completely rule it out.

Bus 400

They were both still in the sheds at 14:00 & it looked they hadn't moved an inch forward or backward.

Snorzac

755 was missing around 1530. The fact that 754 and 756 both returned from Woden is a good indication that they may be returning to service.

Bus 400

There is another Renault at Woden Depot, I'll sus it out tomorrow as it looks like another MAN has appeared.

Bus 400

Bus 764 arrived at Woden Depot yesterday.

Bus 400

Quote from: 743786 is the only one I've been on that doesn't have the MyWay equipment set up yet.

Bus 783 is the same.

Buzz Killington

765 doesn't have equipment either IIRC

smitho

939 has a really fresh, shiny and well applied livery at present. Anyone know if its had a repaint? Looks too good to be a vinyl job.

King of Buses

752 was at Tuggy Workshops today. Possibly being withdrawn

smitho

Noticed another Mark 1 being used as a Tuggeranong training bus today - 792.

King of Buses

Quote from: smitho on September 06, 2010, 08:50:02 PM
Noticed another Mark 1 being used as a Tuggeranong training bus today - 792.

Interesting.

Bus 400

752 now at Woden Depot

Bus 400

Has anyone seen Bus 754 at any depot?

Otherwise I suspect Bus 754 is out at TISC for good.

Snorzac

754 is at Belconnen as reported by me in reply #74

smitho

Have reason to believe that 752 is still available for traffic even though seen in Woden Depot in recent times...

Bus 400

Another Renault has been transferred to Woden Depot. It is possibly 765, I will confirm at a later date.

EDIT: Bus 765 is still in service.

Buzz Killington

I saw 768 in service yesterday.

Snorzac

Barry Drive

It can't be 754 - it's still at Belconnen. 762 has recently come back to Belconnen workshops for some reason.

Snorzac

Probably getting parts out of it

Bus 400

Nothing to worry, it was another one of those internal depot movements with Bus 763 moved to get Bus 762 out.

Buzz Killington

Bit of a roll call..

752 - at Woden
754 - at Belconnen - being stripped
755 - at Belconnen - being stripped
756 - at Belconnen - being stripped
758 - at Woden
760 - at Woden
762 - at Belconnen
763 - at Woden
764 - at Belconnen

smitho

Was allocated 786 yesterday for my usual first half of holiday shift - which includes a Route 786....pure chance.

It seems a good bus if anyone is after a Mark 1 - plenty of get up and go; seat coverings in good condition; external paintwork OK.

No MyWay kit fitted, so probably an early candidate for disposal.

Snorzac

smitho

No, but 768 was on the road yesterday.

smitho

Got 792 this morning; another pretty good performer.

Bus 400

If they are stripping the buses, does that mean those buses will still be sold as buses that can be used in revenue service? Or will they end there life as spare parts buses?

But I guess that the MyWay systems have been removed from Bus 755 & 756.

Buzz Killington

Quote from: Bus 400 on September 30, 2010, 10:26:44 PM
If they are stripping the buses, does that mean those buses will still be sold as buses that can be used in revenue service? Or will they end there life as spare parts buses?

Not sure about the others, but of the three being stripped they will not be sold. They'll be used for parts by ACTION.

Bus 400

Bus 756 has returned to Woden Depot. Doesn't look like anything was taken in the saloon & it still has a desto roll.