Intertown/61 Diversion

Started by Bus 400, March 18, 2009, 10:30:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bus 400

Athllon Drive,Kambah will be closed from Drakeford Dr to Langdon Ave from 09:00 to 16:00 25/03/09-02/04/09. This means that they will go the way the Intertown has many a time via Drakeford Drive, Summerland Circuit, Liviongston Avenue, Atkins Street, Athllon Drive.

The 61 does not serve Kambah.

This can be found at http://www.tams.act.gov.au/__data/assets/pdf_file/0013/142213/athllon_drive_road_closure.pdf

Buzz Killington

That's a temporary road closure.

Pretty much means they're resealling, so there'll be delays. The road itself wont shut.

Bus 400

It does depend on how they are doing things as it is a bit hard to divert vechiles around while they do work unless they send them on the median strip. But I don't think that will work well at the underpasses.

Buses may divert Intertowns as it would be quicker then waiting 5-10 minutes.

Buzz Killington

when they do the underpass sections, i would think

a) they would do it overnight and
b) have all traffic on one side of the road and have the stop/slow lollipops out or
c) divert up vosper/livingstone/atkins

Bus 400

By not going well with underpasses, I mean that cars won't be able to jump the gap. You do remember that Athllon is what the GDE is & that is what I meant by the diversion.

Buzz Killington

i know exactly what you meant. Where i said "have all traffic on one side of the road" i was referring to the fact that there is a northbound lane and a southbound lane. It is quite easy for them to have all traffic on either one of these, controlled by a lollipop at each end.

Bus 400

But there would be a bit of a back up as they have to hold them up at Drakeford Lights & Woden side of Atkins St roundabout. Easier to send them via Livingston & expect a speed camera van there as well to recoup the resealing costs.

Buzz Killington

that's the most likely option. But surely they would be doing the work during the night, to avoid causing too many problems.

Bus 400

The notice states from 09:30 to 16:00. I think they can't as of homes in Kambah are near there & the residents might bitch & moan about the noise at 22:00 on a weeknight.

Buzz Killington

meh, just get earmuffs. You gotta expect some noise when you buy a place that close to the road.

Edit: This is ACT Bus Forum's....

10,000TH POST!

Bus 400

There are diversions in place along Athllon Dr during this work. Vechiles do go through South East Kambah.

Bus 400

Saw 1 person coming off southbound lanes of Drakeford Drive who didn't see the signs or witches hats & was going to go up the closed Athllon until the traffic controller stopped him & as the driver attempted to reenter Drakeford he almost smashed into another car.

Sir Pompously

I think this picture says it all.

My Intertown was diverted, picked up twice in Kambah. Didn't think they would have, but whatever.

Bus 400

My driver on a 61 was asking if anyone was going to Kambah & if so to catch a 300 series bus. I did joke about it by saying "Well a few years ago the people there wanted a bus stop on Athllon Dr & now they have them going past their house every 5 minutes." Driver liked that