Japanese Transportation Pt I

Started by Snorzac, December 06, 2009, 11:35:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Snorzac

These pictures aren't the best of quality but I hope everyone enjoys them:

Todd can probably give us a better idea of the model of this train but this is one of the commuter trains found in Osaka.

Once again I'm not sure of the model but this is a train that operates the Limited Hakura Express between Kansai Airport and Kyoto, this is seen at Shin-Osaka Station.

Onboard some form of Hino bus. This is the upper class containing wider seats that swivel around.

Economy class of the same bus

As we rushed off the platform I photographed the Hikari Railstar we had just gotten off departing Hiroshima. The railstar shinkansen is a JR700 with all Green Car seating (sort of like business class). They operate on the Shin-Osaka to Hakata line.

Last for Pt I, for a tripod-less night shot this is pretty good. A newer style Hiroshima tram is seen at the station for the peace park.

Buzz Killington

That last one turned out quite nicely despite the circumstances.

Nice photos Zac, thanks for posting.

Busnerd

Just one question, why does that bus have chandeliers?

Snorzac

Who knows, this is Japan, they are a little strange

smitho

interesting selection there - thanks Lemon.

Merv319

Quote from: Metrobus on December 06, 2009, 11:35:07 PM
These pictures aren't the best of quality but I hope everyone enjoys them:

Todd can probably give us a better idea of the model of this train but this is one of the commuter trains found in Osaka.

Once again I'm not sure of the model but this is a train that operates the Limited Hakura Express between Kansai Airport and Kyoto, this is seen at Shin-Osaka Station.

Onboard some form of Hino bus. This is the upper class containing wider seats that swivel around.

Economy class of the same bus

As we rushed off the platform I photographed the Hikari Railstar we had just gotten off departing Hiroshima. The railstar shinkansen is a JR700 with all Green Car seating (sort of like business class). They operate on the Shin-Osaka to Hakata line.

Last for Pt I, for a tripod-less night shot this is pretty good. A newer style Hiroshima tram is seen at the station for the peace park.

Thx for the photos, I used to go and see trains on weekends.

The orange coloured one is called Series 103, an old model which is around 35~40 years old now.

The white one is Haruka, as you've mentioned.