General Fleet Discussion

Started by Barry Drive, February 18, 2015, 06:20:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sylvan Loves Buses

1. Yes
2. 343 is Sigourney, 344 is Baldrick

Barry Drive

Quote from: triumph on April 13, 2017, 11:04:19 PM
2. Buses 343 and 344 are shown in the fleet list as having the name 'Sigourney' - which one is actually Sigourney?
Thank you. Error has been corrected.

Barry Drive

With the latest withdrawals, we've now passed a milestone: there are fewer than 100 Renaults remaining in service.

triumph

Renault PR100.2 Mkll are shown under fleet in the Transport Canberra site as having standoing capacity of 27 whereas the figure displayed on the rear of buses looked at is 26.

A typo, a carryover from an earlier model, a change during the model run, or ...........

A minor detail and I assume the legally required  display of the figure on the bus is the correct one,

Barry Drive

A carryover from the Mk1, as far as I can tell. (Mk1 were 42 seated and 27 standing whereas Mk2 are 43 seated and 26 standing.)

The fleetwiki Fleet Specifications page has been updated to include the full capacity (where known). At the moment, we don't have the number for the Renault artics, but might find something in the photo gallery.

Sylvan Loves Buses

The 180 artics total capacity was 110 on both Mks

triumph

Thanks for capacity data info and for wiki update to include that. (Had suspected the Renault Mk 1 capacities had been shown by TC for the Mk 11.)

King of Buses

Quote from: Barry Drive on May 20, 2017, 03:46:51 PM
At the moment, we don't have the number for the Renault artics, but might find something in the photo gallery.

According to one of the few photos of PR180.2s I have where capacity data is visible/clear enough to read...

PR180.2 MkI (With Luggage Rack) Total Capacity: 110; 61 seated/41 standing (based of 725)
PR180.2 MkI (Without Luggage Rack) Total Capacity: 110; 65 seated/45 standing (based of 726)
PR180.2 MkII Total Capacity: 110; 69 seated/41 standing (based off 986)

(This is subject to buses displaying the correct data which isn't always the case even in the current fleet...)

Busfanatic101

Quote from: King of Buses on May 20, 2017, 09:56:39 PM
PR180.2 MkI (With Luggage Rack) Total Capacity: 110; 61 seated/41 standing (based of 725)

(This is subject to buses displaying the correct data which isn't always the case even in the current fleet...)

Except 61+41≠102. Perhaps the other 8 could fit on the roof?

Sylvan Loves Buses

Quote from: King of Buses on May 20, 2017, 09:56:39 PM

And of course, those are stickers which can be pealed or wear off over time.

King of Buses

Quote from: Busfanatic101 on May 20, 2017, 11:02:08 PM

Except 61+41≠102. Perhaps the other 8 could fit on the roof?

While we're in the mood for typos, you'll find 61+41 does in fact equal 102, despite what you say there...  :P

What it doesn't equal is the 110 I said it did, and that's because I was meant to say 61 seated/49 standing for that model (must've had the Mark II on the mind).

Busfanatic101

Quote from: King of Buses on May 21, 2017, 09:58:39 AM
While we're in the mood for typos, you'll find 61+41 does in fact equal 102, despite what you say there...  :P

What it doesn't equal is the 110 I said it did, and that's because I was meant to say 61 seated/49 standing for that model (must've had the Mark II on the mind).
I did mean to write 61+41≠110, so it wasn't a typo, just had the actual calculation in my mind when I typed it. I did notice my error but that was a moment after I pressed post

King of Buses

Quote from: Busfanatic101 on May 21, 2017, 07:50:20 PM
I did mean to write 61+41≠110, so it wasn't a typo, just had the actual calculation in my mind when I typed it. I did notice my error but that was a moment after I pressed post
#relatable

Sent from my SM-T330 using Tapatalk

Busfanatic101

Any ideas on why a PR2 just raced past my house (which doesn't even get weekend services) at 10:45pm on a Saturday night?  :o

King of Buses

Quote from: Busfanatic101 on June 24, 2017, 11:11:20 PM
Any ideas on why a PR2 just raced past my house (which doesn't even get weekend services) at 10:45pm on a Saturday night?  :o

Was it pink?

Busfanatic101

Quote from: King of Buses on June 24, 2017, 11:12:29 PM
Was it pink?
I don't think so, but only got a brief view of the back as when I first heard it and thought that sounds like a PR2 I was like no it can't be and ignored it until it came past and I couldn't ignore it any longer. If it was pink, it would be quite out of place in Fadden

King of Buses

Quote from: Busfanatic101 on June 25, 2017, 11:46:18 AM
I don't think so, but only got a brief view of the back as when I first heard it and thought that sounds like a PR2 I was like no it can't be and ignored it until it came past and I couldn't ignore it any longer. If it was pink, it would be quite out of place in Fadden

I very much doubt it would have been a current ACTION PR100.2. If it was pink though it would've (probably) had flashing lights and loud music coming from within. Of course, the lights and music could've been switched off while driving through suburbia given the time of night. Then again, it might not have even been the pink one in question - there is more than one ex ACTION Renault PR100.2 running about down here...

Busfanatic101

My understanding was all ACTION buses were speed limited at 85kph, but I have recently been on 589 and 615 reaching 92 and 97kph respectively on the Yamba descent on 67N/66N. Are only some buses speed limited, or perhaps it only kicks in with the accelerator and not when the bus is rolling down a hill?

On a side note 316 and 368 came past today presumably on driver training duties.

Bus 503

Bus 154 was being towed by the tow truck down Cohen Street early this afternoon.

Busfanatic101

Not sure if it's a new vehicle or rebranded but the operations ute 209-828 has a blue TC design.

Barry Drive

They are new, despite reusing old rego numbers. (There are two of them - both 2017 Ford Rangers.)

Bus 503

Are the new Bustechs having the 'no entry' sign on the rear door applied?

Barry Drive

The Tuggeranong ones don't, nor does 621. Last one to get one was 631 (based on photos).

While I'm here: something that went unnoticed recently, Scania buses now constitute a little over 50% of the fleet.

Sylvan Loves Buses

Quote from: Busfanatic101 on August 29, 2017, 08:06:35 PM
Is there any known reason for the fleet numbers 710-12 being used...

That's reminding me of the Iris buses, and why 300 was the new numbering instead of 200 or 160.

Barry Drive

Was that a question or a statement?

Because if it was a question, it has been asked and answered before.

Buzz Killington

157 onwards were used in the early 00s for the leased Hinos and a couple of demonstrators. 200 series was skipped to avoid clashing with radio numbers IIRC

Sylvan Loves Buses

Quote from: Snorzac on September 14, 2017, 11:10:59 PM
712 is diesel electric vehicle which means it runs using a diesel generator to power an electric engine, not unlike a diesel locomotive train.

Oh, well that makes more sense now.
While I think of it, what's happening with 711, shouldn't it be in use now too?

triumph

Bus 505 noticed today has a stuck on 2 line notice in front of driver above the front window. It reads "MyWay NXTBUS Interface Test Bus" and "Test Driver Automated Login and GPS Function".

Still an active requirement or just a left-over from the MyWay introductory phase? Other test buses?

Barry Drive

Just a reminder for your calendars:

Tram #2 and possibly one or two more might arrive in Wollongong on 1 March.
Bus 652 (Volgren/Scania) is due to delivered on 8 March.
Bus 711 (Gemilang/BYD) - who knows when it will arrive. Perhaps we should check shipping schedules from Malaysia.

King of Buses

For those who missed the memo, 400 is currently partaking in the 2018 Mardi Gras Parade featuring a TC liveried front.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V7mKCeChEFE

Busfanatic101

Is it likely to retain the TC livery? Have the rest repainted too? Or be painted back into another green front MAN.

Bus 400

Quote from: Busfanatic101 on March 04, 2018, 07:22:08 PM
Is it likely to retain the TC livery? Have the rest repainted too? Or be painted back into another green front MAN.
Hopefully it stays in TC blue, it took a bit of effort first get the rainbow colours on Bus 400. Then a Twitter bus logging for the pride of & best bus in the fleet missing TC logos.

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

Sylvan Loves Buses

If it does, it'll look quite the odd one out in the fleet.

Sylvan Loves Buses

Quote from: Busfanatic101 on March 04, 2018, 07:22:08 PM
Is it likely to retain the TC livery?

Well so far I can say that its front is remaining the same as I saw it this afternoon with the blue/grey front, with a yellow bike rack. It's We Are CBR AOA is still on it too, so we'll have to wait and see if the full livery will be changed if and when the AOA gets removed.
When my mum saw it earlier, she called it 'The Gay Bus' - quite right to.

Barry Drive

Quote from: Barry Drive on February 16, 2018, 11:06:45 AM
Just a reminder for your calendars:

Tram #2 and possibly one or two more might arrive in Wollongong on 1 March.
Bus 652 (Volgren/Scania) is due to delivered on 8 March.
Bus 711 (Gemilang/BYD) - who knows when it will arrive. Perhaps we should check shipping schedules from Malaysia.
An update:

Tram #2 likely to arrive 31 March and possibly be delivered overnight 1 April. Tram #3 may not be far behind; might be on the same ship.

652 & 711 have been delivered. Unknown when either will commence service, but don't expect anything for a few weeks.

Sylvan Loves Buses

As for 400 losing its TC livery, who knows, as for now we just get this. https://youtu.be/GaZVsBCt_Oo

King of Buses

Quote from: Sylvan Loves Buses on March 05, 2018, 01:41:00 AM
If it does, it'll look quite the odd one out in the fleet.

It doesn't look like it will be the odd one out. 401 looks to be being repainted. It has been spotted in an interim all over white livery with TC front just now.

Sylvan Loves Buses

oh well, now it's the not-so-gay-bus ;)

Busfanatic101

Sylvan Loves Buses

god i'm blind, I thought the reflection and CG looking top looked a bit odd, that's not even 400... ::)

Bus 400

At least no one fell for my lovely paint job on Bus 330.

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

Sylvan Loves Buses

Bit of a wierd one yesterday. Was waiting for my usual 64N at around 2:30pm, which is always an Iribus, when it came up Vosper but with 'Sorry not in service' on its display. Thought at first he forgot to put it up, but when I signalled and he ignored I then thought wtf? To make it even more strange the driver turned left onto Livingston instead of right. 30 seconds later the 712 came around the corner with 64 on its display. I asked the driver what was going on, but he had no clue although the Iris bus was literally right in front of him. The driver asked if the tow truck was with it, and I said no.
I was thinking later 'why would you need to bother going back up Vosper to get back onto the Tuggeranong Parkway to go to Belconnen when the switchover of buses likely happened along or before Fincham Cres and it's easier to access it from there?'. ???

Also later on I saw an identical bus sitting next to 710 in T depot so I can confirm that 711 is definitely here. Strange that they're not using them though, cause as I went around and 712 was back in there too.  ???

Busnerd

Not sure how unusual, could be many things. A driver specialling somewhere using a random way they felt like going, it could be a driver on route training/familiarisation, could be a mechanic out doing an on road test of a vehicle. Also as a driver I don't understand when people ask where another bus is or why it was late/there/wasn't there, I'm only driving one bus at a time, how would I know what someone elses bus is doing.

Buzz Killington

How was the irisbus "literally right in front of" 712 if 712 arrived on the relatively short Vosper Street 30 seconds later?

Bus 503

I was on Bus 431 today and noticed that the short stop switch (in beteeen the single leaf switch and the door demist switch) was flattened (there was no switch) so obviously could not be used. Instead, there was single switch further further towards the windscreen that seemed to be acting as a short stop switch.
Anyone know what the story is with the flattened short stop switch?

Barry Drive

On the MAN / CB60s the switch was moved to be closer to the door buttons, following driver feedback.

Couldn't tell you how long ago it was done, but several years at least.

Busnerd

Can't talk specifically about these exact buses however the "flattened" button would be a blanking plate, for one reason or another switches can be moved or replaced basically anywhere on the dash of a bus as required by mechanics. Sometimes things fail or have issues and have to be replaced and moved from time to time, usually due to whatever buttons are in stock or what is easier for them to re-wire.

Sylvan Loves Buses

Anyone noticed 619 has a different bike rack?
Saw this yesterday

So, what's this variation called then?

King of Buses

Barry Drive

There is a topic specifically for the reporting of bike rack changes (http://actbus.net/forum/index.php?topic=4258.0 ). In addition, it has been mentioned on the wiki entry for this bus.

But can you send me the full version of that photo for use in the gallery and the wiki?