Are these ex action buses?

Started by Busfanatic101, September 29, 2017, 10:14:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

King of Buses

Yes. Perth PR100.2's are noticeably different thanks to different bodywork (but the same front, though) and these are definitely not those.

Sylvan Loves Buses

Do you know which ones, if you don't mind me asking?

Busnerd

Quote from: Sylvan Loves Buses on September 30, 2017, 02:44:44 PM
Do you know which ones, if you don't mind me asking?

Well one has the fleet number B54 - which I believe are Adam's? fleet numbers, however I believe they've since sold all their PR100.2's so no doubt they've been purchase by a Party Bus/Charter company who left the fleet numbers on. Still not sure how you would fall out as the back doors would have interlocks so no doubt someone was playing with the air switches. It did say it was travelling to a music festival so who knows what substances the passengers were on at the time.

Barry Drive

Yes, they were transferred to Westwide Charters who took over all of Adam's "standard" charter buses (not just the ex-ACTION buses). So they are listed in the Renault withdrawals topic.

While activating the emergency air dump is the most likely cause, there is another way that the doors can open when the bus is moving. I've been on one when it has happened*. Which is why there are laws against riding in the rear doorwell. (I won't reveal the cause, even though I may have posted it here previously.)

* It might have been a Mercedes O305, not a Renault, but it's the same door mechanism.