curious aeroplane livery seen today

Started by smitho, November 19, 2009, 08:02:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

smitho

I noticed a mid sized jet aircraft taking off in a northerly direction from Canberra Airport at around 1635 this afternoon with a livery which I did not recognise.

I was too far away to see much, but it was all over white except for a red tail, similar in color to the Qantas red, but not extending down on to the fuselage. I know Canberra gets occasional international charters - alternatively, it could have been a very large private jet. I doubt whether it had anything to do with the RAAF.

Any ideas on the ID of this aircraft?   

Snorzac

Could have been JAL. I am also trying to think if there is a special livery with an aussie airline that fits that description but I can't think of one. I will check the aviation forums 

Snorzac

Only unusual visitor to Canberra recently was a RAF Hercules. Only thing I can think of is Qantas. Your eyes may have deceived you.

smitho

One possibility - a diverted V Australia aircraft - I'm pretty sure they have a red tail, not unlike the QF red.

Snorzac

yeah that is a possibility. I did see something titled 'Today's VA2' . I will check it out

Snorzac

Dead end there. That diverted to Honolulu en route to Sydney after a baby decided to pop out at 40000ft.

Maxious

You can find what flights went where with AirServices Australia's WebTrak (actual results not flight plans so you can complain if an aircraft went somewhere it shouldn't and violated noise limits)

Between 1635 and 1645 there's quite a few aircraft including a Tiger Airways Airbus A320 to Adelaide and a mystery aircraft with beacon code 3640 (does not say the destination and aircraft make?)

smitho