Short lived newsagency and pizza shop

Started by smitho, January 03, 2013, 09:56:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

smitho

The "new" Tuggeranong newsagency in Ankatell St has closed; pity - it was one of the best around. TforC will have to find a new ticketing agent in the area B4 college resumes.

PS: Noticed in Adelaide that Metro smart card agencies include not only petrol stations, newsagencies and supermarkets, but also selected schools.

The Encore Pizza shop @ Southlands is being taken over by Yank mob called Pizza Capers....Pity.

Small supermarket @ Bonython Shops is now trading as a Spar outlet.

Buzz Killington

Quote from: smitho on January 03, 2013, 09:56:06 PM
The Encore Pizza shop @ Southlands is being taken over by Yank mob called Pizza Capers....Pity.

Certainly no pity. Capers is far nicer than Encore. The Encore at Erindale was also being converted to a Capers just before Christmas.

Shame about the Tuggeranong Newsagency though.

Busnerd

Yank mob? Pizza Capers started in QLD....

There has been a store in Gungahlin for a couple of years, they then took over the Mawson Encore a month or two ago and were converting the Erindale store over Christmas. I believe that the former Bonython Store became a spar a couple of months ago

smitho

That's good to hear that it is not another Yank outfit; the shopkeeper who told me that at Mawson must've been misinformed.

What appealed to me about Encore was that their sauces weren't loaded with sugar or salt and their service standards were excellent.  Their prices were pretty reasonable too; I've heard that Pizza Caper's prices are a bit on the high side.

Sir Pompously

A shame about the Tuggeranong Newsagency, they have been running that place for years (it was the Hyperdome newsagency before they got booted out of there).

As for Pizza Capers, thank god! I had encore once and it wasn't that great, decided to give it a miss and head for Dominos. Pizza Capers will be a welcome addition as they make (afaik) any pizza into a Calzone, they have great sides and they seem to get my order right whenever I order one (unlike crust).