oOh! shelters

Started by smitho, February 07, 2012, 10:30:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

smitho

The fairly daggy blue-grey metal shelter on the intertown blue route in Launceston St has been removed this week & replaced with an AdShel. The ultra-daggy shelter on the other side (northbound) needs replacement with some larger and more weatherproof than your standard AdShel.

smitho

Work is almost completed on the relocation (northwards) of the Calwell Bus Station & shelter; it features a new Adshel in lieu of the former blue painted 'tin shelter' and the bike racks which'd been installed at the old bus stop site have been moved to the new site.  New timetable bollard also installed.

The old shelter and bus stop site was still in use today.

smitho

The new Calwell bus station shelter was commissioned in late February, but then de-commissioned earlier this week, with the old shelter now back in service. The new Adshel has been taped out of bounds and the new blade has had its TT info removed. TT's have been relocated to the old shelter area.

Appears that there may be some unfinished work still required on the Adshel.

bubzie

The tin shelter at calwell has always been there, it just got painted blue in february...

(I drive past it daily. i take too much notice in it..)

Buzz Killington

Do you have 'Calwell' on google alerts or something? :)

bubzie

smitho

Quote from: bubzie on March 07, 2012, 04:10:22 PM
The tin shelter at calwell has always been there, it just got painted blue in february...

(I drive past it daily. i take too much notice in it..)
Yes, it'd date back to the early or mid 90s; it was paited blue during 2011 as I recall.

Barry Drive

New AdShel has been installed on Alinga St where the Taxi Rank is currently located. Old shelter now fenced off pending removal. (Like all recent installations, new shelter has no glass - except for the Ad panel.)

smitho

Framework for the new super shelter @ Athllon Dve, Southlands Mawson northbound, appeared yesterday....looks like 4 standard AdShels stuck together.

smitho

New Super Adshel being constructed @ Athllon Dv, Torrens appears to incorporate space for a monitor of some kind, possibly a real time information monitor.

Bus 400

Two new installation locations are:
Hoskins St, Franklin (City bound)
Moust St, Lyneham (Belconnen bound)

Bus 400

A few more new installations:
Captain Cook Crescent, Manuka (outside McDonald's)
Captain Cook Crescent, Manuka (Woden bound, stop relocated closer to Canberra Avenue)
Canberra Avenue, Kingston (outside Tobin Brothers Funeral Parlours)
Soward Way, Greenway (outside Woolworth's Caltex)

smitho

Looks like one is going in on Drakeford Dve, Greenway.

Buzz Killington

Looks like a shelter is going in at Johnson Dr in Calwell. Not sure if AdShel or CAM

Bus 400

Another one is also going up on Parkes Place, Parkes. According to the NCAA, another 7 will be installed in the triangle.

Bus 400

Quote from: Bus 400 on February 12, 2013, 08:59:22 AM
According to the NCAA, another 7 will be installed in the triangle.

The next two are at the two National Library bus stops.

Barry Drive

New one just went up on Northbourne Av (Federal Highway - take your pick) after Phillip Av, Gungahlin-bound.

smitho

Roof line of Athllon Drive, Mawson/Pearce northbound shelter is showing evidence of buckling....inadequate expansion joints?

Bus 400

Junior Boys Grammar has recently received a major stop AdShel shelter, this is the school only stop. That will now be outside the school & buses will no longer have to squeeze in & out.

The Love Guru

King of Buses

Pretty sure it is an Adshel, but a new large shelter has finally being put up at Stop 2, Athllon/Learmonth (Kambah). I believe it was put up yesterday.

Sylvan Loves Buses

Quote from: King of Buses on May 06, 2016, 08:23:47 PM
Pretty sure it is an Adshel, but a new large shelter has finally being put up at Stop 2, Athllon/Learmonth (Kambah). I believe it was put up yesterday.

yeh, it is, just with no ad placement on it. I wonder how much money was wasted on that to put it up... i say that cause what was the point in putting in more concrete in place when there's a kerb in the way for the buses to line up properly? may as well have left it and put the shelter in where the sign use to sit...

Barry Drive

And the mid-sized AdShel went in along Barry Drive (City bound) this week.

Bus 400

Atleast 1 normal sized AdShel has been partly installed on Constitution Avenue at the ANZAC Parade end.

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

Bus 503

Some partially built shelters have been going in on Constitution Avenue.

Barry Drive

The Constitution Av shelters may well be large CAM shelters  (like Kings and Commonwealth Av).

In any case, since they are within the Triangle, they will not display any advertising.

Barry Drive

Earlier this year, Ooh!Media bought the Adshel business. As part of the takeover, the oOh! branding is to be rolled out on former Adshel assets by the end of this month.

This process has now started in Canberra with many shelters now featuring the new logos.

Bus 400

The shelters from stops 4555 & 4556 (Pavillion & Owen Flats) are set to be moved to the Narrabundah College stops on Goyder St. With those bunker shelters to be moved to stops on Stuart St, Griffith.

https://tenders.act.gov.au/ets/tender/display/tender-details.do?id=92031&action=display-tender-details&returnUrl=%2Ftender%2Fsearch%2Ftender-search.do%3Faction%3Dadvanced-tender-search-open-tender

Barry Drive

The AdShel oOh! shelter at stop 4556 was removed yesterday.

For the Belconnen-bound stop on Gundaroo Dr (#5052) - between Nudurr Dr and Barton Hwy - there appears to be footings for a major shelter (presumably an oOh! shelter) to be installed here.

King of Buses

Quote from: Bus 400 on December 15, 2018, 07:51:49 PMThe shelters from stops 4555 & 4556 (Pavillion & Owen Flats) are set to be moved to the Narrabundah College stops on Goyder St. With those bunker shelters to be moved to stops on Stuart St, Griffith.

The bunkers have been removed and two Ooh! shelters have been installed at Narrabundah CLG (Goyder St). Unsure if the bunkers have been transplanted to Stuart St (yet?) or not. Also unsure where the shelters from stops 4555 and 4556 have been moved, as those had ads, but these ones that are now on Goyder St don't. An ad-less shelter has been removed recently from Murdoch St (Lyneham), so one of them could be that one - can't figure out where the other one may have come from though.

Busnerd

Looks as though the Mitchell shelter on the southbound side of Flemington Rd is being dismantled currently.

Sylvan Loves Buses

QuoteThe bunkers have been removed and two Ooh! shelters have been installed at Narrabundah CLG (Goyder St).

So that makes it reasonable to replace the Narrabundah shelters with freezing cold metal seats exposed to wind, rain and no shade from 50°C shine cooking the seats to hotter than the air temperature [...] yeah okay...

Busnerd

What makes it reasonable is that an advertising company is probably paying for the installation so they can display their advertising on it, means the government no longer has to maintain that shelter in that location, simple really.

Sylvan Loves Buses

The problem is the shelters in place have no ad placements, it's a window on both ends on both shelters, no advertising happening there.

Busnerd

Don't see how it having no ads is a problem, it is still an 'Ooh' (?) shelter and would come under their contract to maintain, it's one less stop for the government to worry about having to maintain.

Sylvan Loves Buses

no wonder they don't have windows

Barry Drive

The frames for the oOh! shelters for stops 4726 & 4727 have gone up. The Belconnen-bound stop (4727) has 3 seats and the one towards Gungahlin has 2.

Bus 400

A tender has also been released for redundant AdShel shelters to be relocated to Horse Park Drive & possibly Ashley Drive (I'll have to confirm).

Sent from my SM-T670 using Tapatalk