Destinations that aren't on the rollers

Started by Buzz Killington, December 17, 2009, 07:52:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Buzz Killington

Saw a Mk1 operating Route 82 today with 'Exhibition Park' on the desto and it got me to thinking - where a route terminates at a location that is not available on the Roller destos, what interesting destos have you seen?

I guess the most commonly used is "Special" (mainly on Xpressos) and you sometimes see the blank destination (or the long block on the latest desto rolls) too.

smitho

I was interested to see the other day that the Hanover system includes Queanbeyan in its desto menu. I tried it on my Scania while laying over at Lanyon.

belcodriver

On the MkI I drove today I noticed that there was Hall. Did ACTION ever go there?

Kaleen is a conspicuous abscence from the desto rolls although I guess it doesn't matter now the 30 and 31 go to Belco.

Buzz Killington

As far as I know, the last route to service Hall was the 742 Commuter Express: http://actbus.net/gallery/main.php?g2_itemId=15759

I didn't realise it was on the desto! Is it just 'Hall'  or has it got something else on there with it?

Snorzac

It's just Hall. Not sure which desto roll its on but its on whichever one that 835 has

Buzz Killington

hmm, somebody's going to need to get a photo of that!

Barry Drive

Quote from: Buzz Killington on December 17, 2009, 09:54:42 PM
hmm, somebody's going to need to get a photo of that!
It's on the list. You are correct that 742 was the last route to service Hall. Prior to that it was served once a day by an extension to Route 437 and it was for this route that the desto name was included in the roll.

I think "Kaleen" is an option on the alphabetic (arrow alpha) roll, but in 1996 400 was a loop service ("Kaleen BELCONNEN") and 437 & 439 both terminated at the old Giralang terminus ("Kaleen GIRALANG"). Looks like more photos are needed.

On the topic of discussion, Route 26 which terminates at the end of Hindmarsh Drive does not have a suitable desto from the 1996 (mixed case) roll. Most drivers use "Weston Creek Express" and attempt to hide the "Express" part (doesn't work too well but it is the best option), others use "Cooleman" although the blank desto is a good option too.

Buzz Killington

For those who haven't come across it, there is a page on the site which features the full destination listing on three different rolls: http://actbus.net/site/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=52&Itemid=84