Drivers Seats

Started by Bus 400, September 01, 2009, 10:48:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bus 400

Quote from: Irisbus Rider on September 01, 2009, 10:07:25 PM
851 (7) - With a drivers compartment (toolbox) in the bag rack?!

That has to do with the new seats & that those boxes can no longer fit in the same location. Tuggeranong Depot was shrinking these boxes & putting them under the seats, but they seats would just hit the box & weren't very comfy. Belconnen Depot started by putting these boxes in the luggage rack & Tuggeranong has now copied this idea.

Busnerd

Can someone get me some photos of all these new seats, I know one has been posted in a .3, but i'd be interested to see how they look in the two's.

Today and everyday since thursday last week I have been getting BC38WD to work...soon it will be re registered to fit in with the fleet better. Photos will be posted when that happens.

Busnerd

On a side note, how about action put the drivers box under the back rack in the gap between the bag rack and the wheel arch, there is room there! Alternatively they should put a generic lock on all the boxes and give drivers all identical keys...only problem is if a driver loses a key and someone cuts it....so in that case drivers would need their own locks and bring them to each bus with them

Irisbus Rider

Quote from: MaxiZac on September 02, 2009, 03:37:19 PM
Can someone get me some photos of all these new seats, I know one has been posted in a .3, but i'd be interested to see how they look in the two's.
New seats in the two's? What are you on about?

Busnerd

Quote from: TP 3000 on September 01, 2009, 10:48:36 PM
That has to do with the new seats & that those boxes can no longer fit in the same location.
Nuff Said

Irisbus Rider

They'd be new drivers seats, yeah, Nationals (I think) are being trialled, as well as a few others.

Passenger seats remain the same.

Busnerd

I didn't say anything about the passenger seats...

smitho

QuoteIn regards to the drivers seats, they are all National brand and a fair few .2s and .3s now have them. There have been a lot of complaints from the drivers about them and they are now being modified to suit the needs of the drivers better.

Whatever they've done to modify them has worked (for me anyway); if I need a standard bus, I now go for a bus with a National seat if I can find one....but the driver's seats in the MANs are by far the best of all.

Busnerd

Do these seats swivel like the old (bremshy?) ones they had fitted or are they just straight forward....

What other features do these have? are they just like an old isri seat with the tilting bottom parts, reclining and movable back part?

Snorzac

Not sure about the functions but the National seats certainly don't swivel.

Bus 400

I am not 100% sure on this, but I'll put it out there anyway. A driver was telling me that there are currently 140 drivers off with back injuries & it apparently has to do with the old bus driver seats.

Also apparently ACTION didn't make the right choice with the new seats either with a few issues with them. There was a longish list of complaints from drivers about the seats.

But this bus driver said that the only reason the MAN seats feel the best is because they are new. Because he wasn't aware of 390 in the depot I'll excuse him for the MAN bashing.

Snorzac

The MAN seats are the top of the range seats and the fact that they are new has nothing to do with it.

They are as I said top quality and are the most comfortable seat on the market at the moment. They should not be comfortable just because they are new. The national seats are new but having sat in one I have to say that they are not very comfortable.

Busnerd

It can depend on many things.

I find even a low back bremshy seat comfortable, but it also depends how you set up the seat and sit in it, and also how many hours you spend behind the wheel. No doubt the drivers of today that were around back in the Leyland days might have more back problems, from the uncomfortable seats and the lack of power steering not helping.

But you will find, even in a brand new ISRI seat, a driver may not sit in the correct manner to avoid back problems.

belcodriver

Quote from: MaxiZac on September 02, 2009, 03:38:40 PM
On a side note, how about action put the drivers box under the back rack in the gap between the bag rack and the wheel arch, there is room there! Alternatively they should put a generic lock on all the boxes and give drivers all identical keys...only problem is if a driver loses a key and someone cuts it....so in that case drivers would need their own locks and bring them to each bus with them

New drivers get issued padlocks for the on-bus lockers when they start.