.3a Seating

Started by Sir Pompously, July 08, 2009, 01:16:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sir Pompously

Well I did get on a 100.3 the other day (With Comfy, comfy Vogel's) and the driver stated I was the first passenger for the day to have correct change for my ticket. The next few passengers he had he just let on, as he had no 10c pieces to give them (I purchased a daily) due to the high amounts of concession tickets being sold.

Busnerd

Firstly Todd, they are Saydair seats...Vogel seats can be found in things like Forest and Veolia buses and in a fair few bustech's.

As I said, ACTION management need to be made aware that this is and issue and order extra 10c pieces when they order change rolls for the drivers.

Irisbus Rider

Ah, actually, 129 (IIRC) is fitted with trial seating, which I believe is of the company Vogel. 113, and a few other 100.3a's have different types of seating in them.

Busnerd

Nooo. 129 has normal Saydair seats.

Maybe you are thinking of 127, which was a semi-refurb and now has McConnell seats in it.

113 Has a few retrofitted seats, much like the ones used in Brisbane. I forget who makes them other than the fact they are quite tacky.

Irisbus Rider

Quote from: MaxiZac on July 08, 2009, 05:59:41 PM
Nooo. 129 has normal Saydair seats.
Yeeees. It has Vogel seating. They all got replaced when the wheelchair ramps were removed. There are about 4 different types of seats in the different 100.3a's.

Busnerd

Photo Please Todd.

Buzz Killington

If anyone can confirm which buses have which kinds of seating, please post here so we can add the info into the Wiki

Sir Pompously

They are Vogel Bench style seats, in a light grey fabric (Different from the Saydair fabric). Mathew, you know I know what the hell a Saydair is, as I love my Saydairs. However, these Vogels were quite comfortable. I Cannot find which type they are on the Vogelsitze website.

Snorzac

I must say that the Vogels are very comfprtable. They are on just about every bus up here in Cairns including all the piecarts  ;D

smitho

Quote from: Mini Mat on July 11, 2009, 03:37:52 PM
I must say that the Vogels are very comfprtable. They are on just about every bus up here in Cairns including all the piecarts  ;D

I thought Vogel was a type of bread. Hmm.

Busnerd

Well Vogel is actually a shortened name, it's actually short for vogelsitze

...Now that I look at it im assuming it mean Vogel Seats in german or something.

Bus 400

vogelsitze translate into "bird sitting" in English

vogel is a noun & mens bird.

found that out from Google Translate

Barry Drive

:doh: 'Vogel' is also the name of the family who founded the company

Which bus has what seats:
113 has Saydair plus SKA
126 has Saydair with McConnell in-fill
127 has all McConnell
128, 130 and 131 has all Saydair
129 has Saydair with Vogel

Barry Drive

Quote from: MaxiZac on July 08, 2009, 07:50:03 PMPhoto Please
Vogel seats as seen in Bus 129

Vogel seats by ACT Bus spotter, on Flickr

smitho

They look fairly comfortable, with a reasonably thick swab...

Sir Pompously

Quote from: Martin on August 06, 2009, 03:12:43 PM
:doh: 'Vogel' is also the name of the family who founded the company

Which bus has what seats:
113 has Saydair plus the seats that BT uses (forgot the name)
126 has Saydair with McConnell in-fill
127 has all McConnell
128, 130 and 131 has all Saydair
129 has Saydair with Vogel

The BT seats are SDK, a European seat which is marketed in Australia through some other comany. Will see if I can find the company here.

Busnerd

They are smitho, i've been on buses with Vogels, you just sink right in they are very comfy! Unless of course you go on a Veolia bus where they put vinyl on the Vogels....idiots

Barry Drive

Quote from: Sir Pompously on September 19, 2009, 12:32:42 PM
The BT seats are SDK, a European seat which is marketed in Australia through some other comany. Will see if I can find the company here.
It's SKA - another German seat company.

Sir Pompously

Indeed, SKA. My apologies. They are sold as Eurocity by Styleride in Australia. http://www.styleride.com.au/eurocity.html