News: another bus engine fire (104)

Started by Barry Drive, March 02, 2009, 11:46:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barry Drive

I was recently watching Prime TV when a news report mentioned a bus fire in Tuggeranong this morning (Erindale Drive). I have been unable to find any further mention of it on the internet, although I am checking all the local news outlets.

belcodriver

Quote from: Martin on March 02, 2009, 11:46:48 AM
I was recently watching Prime TV when a news report mentioned a bus fire in Tuggeranong this morning (Erindale Drive). I have been unable to find any further mention of it on the internet, although I am checking all the local news outlets.

A Tuggy driver told me it was 120.

Snorzac

There is a .3 parked at the back of the workshops with 914, that is probably it, didn't look like the damage was too bad, maybe one of the drivers could check it out.

Irisbus Rider

Yes, thats 114, has been there for months. And there is no damage to speak of on 114.

Snorzac

114 doesn't have a fullback, it has the new industrie add on it I just walked past, not 120 either

Barry Drive

The bus in question was 104. It had some minor burn damage at the back near the coolant header tank and is already in the workshop.

In related news, it looks like 148 is going to be fixed - it is now inside the workshops and the damaged panels have been removed.

Snorzac

Quote from: Martin on March 07, 2009, 11:55:38 AM
In related news, it looks like 148 is going to be fixed - it is now inside the workshops and the damaged panels have been removed.
Why bother, as you have said there are already too many darts that are permanently parked at the depot, why add to that, they should scrap it for spares.

Busnerd

Don't get me  started again, as I have explained, it is better for them to fix it, considering how much a bus costs...yes I know they don't get used as often as other things, but you have to see it from an operational point of view, its still a bus! and they need all they can get, why do you think they haven't sold any recently.

Snorzac

104 returned to service the other day.