Various School bus changes

Started by Irisbus Rider, October 06, 2008, 05:54:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Irisbus Rider

There are various School bus changes to coincide with the kiddies going back to school for term 4, and here's the link;
http://www.action.act.gov.au/school_bus_services_for_2008.html
A few observations, looks like the Islamic school lost out, and another interesting one, there will now be a school bus going out to Pialligo.

Is this a first? Or has there previously been route or school buses out to Pialligo?

Bloody beautiful place for a photo though! I'm going out to gunzel that!

Snorzac

Interesting to see that they cut the Islamic School back to 3 services, I wonder why.

Sir Pompously

Maybe because it wasn't being used or well used by the students at the schools?

Irisbus Rider

Who knows, Pompously might be onto something there; I have seen Taragos, Coasters and Rosas herding kids to the Islamic School, maybe they didn't want to use ACTION services, due to bullying, or something like that.

Also, does this mean they will put blue and white stops on Beltana Rd now? That'd be a sight. I'm enthused.

Buzz Killington

There have been services to Piallago before.

Irisbus Rider

i'd be interested in the services to pialligo, especially the frequency. w

belcodriver

I did a school run that started in Piallago for a week or two last year. It went roughly like this. Start in Piallago - picked up one kid there roughly every 2nd day, took a long time to get through the roundabout onto Morshead Dr, Duntroon, Campbell - picking up kids as well as setting down at Campbell and St Thomas More primaries , Constitution Ave to Civic, wait on Platform 9 for 10 minutes, Girls Grammar, Boys Grammar, Eddies/Clares.

lukeo25

i have also seen a school bus in Piallago when i was going to the airport in opposite direction to which i was traveling one morning in november 06

Irisbus Rider

ah, thanks for that info there, i thought that service would be a bit dead.

Barry Drive

Quote from: MAN 18.310 CNG on October 06, 2008, 06:02:17 PM
Interesting to see that they cut the Islamic School back to 3 services, I wonder why.
And one of those 3 never had any students getting off at the school when I was driving it. Although one week I did a route 2 from Dickson in the afternoon and got a few Islamic school students getting on at the stop before the Phillip Ave roundabout.

Irisbus Rider

Thats the way it should be, schools that are relatively small should utilise the route services avaliable to them.

Thanks for that info Martin.