Previous topic - Next topic

Photo of the Month - June 2013

356 at Tuggeranong Bus Station (Bus400)
4 (66.7%)
142 at City Bus Station (Bus400)
1 (16.7%)
356 & 413 on Rimmer St (ACTbusspotter)
1 (16.7%)
485 at Barry Dr/Kingsley St (ACTbusspotter)
2 (33.3%)
490 at Aikman Dr layover (Merv319)
3 (50%)
495 on College St (Sir Pompously)
1 (16.7%)

Total Members Voted: 6

Voting closed: May 31, 2013, 06:31:32 PM

Barry Drive

Photo are now being sought for Photo of the Month for June 2013. In addition to being shown on the actbus.net front page for a month (and added to the POTM archive), the winning photo will also be loaded to ACT Bus on Facebook and, if suitable, will be used as the cover photo for the ACT Bus Facebook page (subject to cropping). The winner and runner-up(s) will also be included in the Photo of the Year vote.

Here are the rules:
  • no more than two photos per user
  • photos must be taken within the ACT or Queanbeyan or else be of a former ACT/Queanbeyan bus
  • photos must not have been previously submitted for POTM
  • the bus must be the main subject of the photograph
  • the bus must be in focus
  • the fleet or registration number of the bus must be identifiable (or supplied by photographer if not visible in photograph)
  • photograph must be user's own work or submitted with permission of the photographer

Refer here for full ACT Bus photo submission conditions.

To ensure consistency, photos must be displayed with a width of 640 (or height if 640 if a "portrait" aspect). Photos narrower than 640 pixels will not be accepted; photos wider than 640 MUST use the option width=640 in the image tag - as follows "[img width=640]".

Submissions close midnight Friday 24 May, Australian Eastern Standard Time.

A minimum of 6 photos are required for voting to take place. Should there not be 6 photos by close of nominations, non-winning photos from previous months will be added to the nominations - photos will be selected by myself and/or Buzz Killington.

Bus 400

I'll kick things off with Bus 356 at Tuggeranong Bus Station. This photo was taken 1 minute before lights out at the bus station.

Next up is Bus 142 resting in City Bus Station.

Barry Drive

Here's Bus 356 again, along with 413 at the ANU Exchange Bus Station:

Bus 485 turning from Barry Drive into Kingsley Street:

Barry Drive

And this month's bonus photos are:

490 at Aikman Drive by Merv319 (originally submitted in April 2012)

495 on College St by Sir Pompously (originally submitted in May 2012)

Voting is now open.

Gadgets

here is my first entry

Ex ACTION Bus 814 in its new life as the family motorhome at Kiama Harbour

Buzz Killington

Entries have closed and a winner announced for June, but we can certainly put your photos in the running for the July contest in a few weeks, Gadgets :)

Gadgets

okay trust me to bugger it up saw it was the first of June and thought it was for this month but think i have worked it out now  :popping: