General Discussion 2011-2015

Started by Barry Drive, December 31, 2010, 11:53:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bus 400

With this news, photos being sent by email to TAMS/ACTION dropped by 40%..

Bus 503

Quote from: 743 on July 18, 2015, 05:29:11 PM
...turn right onto Antill St and due a u-turn at Rosevear Pl.

Do they go into Rosevear Pl? Where do they do U turn? Tennis court parking is the only place there to do a U turn... But that's to small...

On the subject of Bus Stop closures, the Alinga street bus stop southbound was fenced of today. Looked like asphalt laying at the stop. Not sure where buses stopped.

Quote from: Bus 400 on July 18, 2015, 06:40:09 PM
With this news, photos being sent by email to TAMS/ACTION dropped by 40%..
What?  ???

The Love Guru

Official instructions are Antill, u-turn Philip Ave Roundabout then Antill to temporary layover.

Bus 400

Quote from: Bus 503 on July 18, 2015, 06:50:41 PM
What?  ???

There is some Dickson NIMBY who doesn't have a life & photograph buses parked illegally on Antil Street & email ACTION/TAMS/JACS the photos. Which is why I suspect this new canned sardines development included the loading dock on Antil Street. So when Coles/Aldi get their fresh food delivery early in the morning. It can wake this person up.

Bus 503

Quote from: King of Buses on May 07, 2015, 07:58:20 PM
Hehe...apparently 144 is operating a 313 at the moment...funny

NEXTTHERE reports that 314 is currently operating a 900 to Cohen. Haven't seen an Iris on weekends for some time!

King of Buses

Quote from: Bus 503 on July 26, 2015, 07:15:16 PM
NEXTTHERE reports that 314 is currently operating a 900 to Cohen. Haven't seen an Iris on weekends for some time!

Some drivers ask to take out an IRIS instead of a EURO. Some ask for a PR3 over a std. Some ask for a dart when they've got lage night runs...or they just want one!

308 was out yesterday too. Maybe it was the same driver.

But in fairness, I haven't seen an IRIS on a weekend for ages before this weekend. I think I've even seen a PR2 out more recently than an IRIS.

The Love Guru

Fancy that, a low floor ACTOIN bus doing ACTION runs, sheesh

Bus 503

Electric bikes less then 25kg are now allowed to travel on the bike rack - and with this news, Action even created a You Tube video to show people how to use the bike rack! Let's hope some people actually watch it, instead of making the bus driver come outside and help them......

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=n97-I32abYA

The Love Guru

Drivers are not to leave their seat to help pax with the bike rack. Drivers are not trained on the use of the racks and as such should offer no assistance.
We were not paid anymore when the racks were installed despite it pushing the length of the vehicle over that if a standard bus and hence the union instructed drivers to not assist people with them.

Bus 503

That does not stop some drivers... I remember being on a route 3 a few months ago. I got on at National CCT and so did a man with a bike. He struggled to get it on and the bus driver yelled instructions to him from the drivers cabin. Unfortunately, he was not successful in getting the bike on the rack and made the bus driver get out and help him. From what I could hear, she said to the passenger, "Do it everyday! You learn how to put the bike on the rack, also have to help passengers all the time with this!" The passenger was extremely apologetic about wasting time... Most times though, the bus driver just yells instructions though the windscreen and you just have to hope that the passenger can hear him/her.......

Bus 400

I would hope that everyone doesn't follow the whole video. As the first bike should be on the rack closest to the bus.

I had to help a passenger who couldn't work out what the sticker instructions meant. Only to go from Palmerstown to Gungahlin. It took them longer to get the bike on the rack, than the bike spent on the rack.

Bus 503

Quote from: Bus 400 on July 27, 2015, 08:40:39 PM
I would hope that everyone doesn't follow the whole video. As the first bike should be on the rack closest to the bus....
...stuff the other people, their bike isn't more important than mine.

Went past the stop at Northbourne ave opposite the Yowani gold club and noted that the stop bollard papers, stop sign had been removed. Behind the shelter, a piece of paper had been stuck, but I didn't get a chance to read it. Is this stop not in service anymore?

916? had some desto fail yesterday. Was operating SB 552 but the front desto read 552 on the left and right with the school bus sign scrolling also with x2. Very weird ::)

The Love Guru

Ya say what happened?
My Engrish isn't that good I'm afraid.

Barry Drive

Stop #4603 Northbourne at Swinden St: the bollard and bus stop pole was (probably) run over rather than removed. The "piece of paper" stuck to the shelter was the timetable - placed there until a replacement bollard could be installed. Which occurred just this week.

A bus stop pole and blade have yet to be reinstalled though.

Bus 503

A number of Scania Gassies are/have lost their back logo due to an extra grill on the back.

Bus 503

Is there any reason why I have not yet spotted a STAG in the city Bus layover? Many 4's and 5's layover there before/after the route and they are both STAG approved.

I didn't know that action had darts in green livery. And green bus stops...

128 features a faded logo...

Nice park mate....

The Love Guru

Artic in pic is parked out of the way like that.

128 was fitted with a white logo a long time ago, pretty sure it didn't fade.

I can't really explain why you haven't seen a STAG at City West.

I did manage to find that alarm you spoke of though, here is a pic of the warning light.

King of Buses

There is only 3 or 4 STAG allocated shifts for routes 4 and 5 I think. Try early in the morning peak or mid PM peak. There is often a STAG laying over there for 4s, 5s or 40s for those runs in those times.

Barry Drive

Quote from: Bus 503 on August 05, 2015, 06:57:54 PM
A number of Scania Gassies are/have lost their back logo due to an extra grill on the back.
Not necessarily. There are probably more that still have an ACTION logo (with the new grille) than don't. A few have even had the logo re-applied, along with the "Going your way" slogan.

King of Buses

Quote from: Barry Drive on August 09, 2015, 10:12:06 AM
Not necessarily. There are probably more that still have an ACTION logo (with the new grille) than don't. A few have even had the logo re-applied, along with the "Going your way" slogan.

Like as seen on 362. I believe most of them have had them reapplied...
I wonder if 326 still has the 'Building our community' or whatever it was sticker on the back still...

ajw373

Quote from: Barry Drive on August 09, 2015, 10:12:06 AM

So as he said, a number have lost it due to the new grille. Maybe they will get a log reapplied, maybe they won't, but as he said a number have lots it. End of story. But gee sometimes I don't understand the pedanticism that exists on the board from time to time.

Bus 503

Quote from: King of Buses on August 09, 2015, 12:44:19 PM
I wonder if 326 still has the 'Building our community' or whatever it was sticker on the back still...

Don't all the Scania Gassies still have these? Well, all up to the Hanover ones anyway...

King of Buses

Quote from: Bus 503 on August 09, 2015, 02:55:31 PM
Don't all the Scania Gassies still have these? Well, all up to the Hanover ones anyway...

When ACTION rebranded with Network '08, the rear logo was changed from above the rear window on the Gas Scanias to where it is now replacing the 'building our community' stickers which were originally there. These stickers are still on most (or some) of these buses on the sides near the rear axle. However 326 was the only one to retain the rear one and this, no rear ACTION logo. Not certain what it has now.

It may also be helpful pointing out that the loading limit figures have been moved down too (as can be seen on my 362 pic).

Quote from: ajw373 on August 09, 2015, 02:27:34 PM
But gee sometimes I don't understand the pedanticism that exists on the board from time to time.

Pedants will be pendants... (and that is coming from a pendant (at times))

Bus 503

Quote from: King of Buses on August 09, 2015, 03:10:59 PM
When ACTION rebranded with Network '08, the rear logo was changed from above the rear window on the Gas Scanias to where it is now replacing the 'building our community' stickers which were originally there. These stickers are still on most (or some) of these buses on the sides near the rear axle. However 326 was the only one to retain the rear one and this, no rear ACTION logo. Not certain what it has now.

Yes, I remember seeing a Gassie with its logo on the back. Thought you meant the logo just behind the back tyre.

Quote from: Bus 503 on August 07, 2015, 07:23:16 PM

I didn't know that action had darts in green livery. And green bus stops...

Sorry, I meant Dennis Farts :P.

Barry Drive

Quote from: ajw373 on August 09, 2015, 02:27:34 PM
So as he said, a number have lost it due to the new grille.
To explain: the assertion was that the new grille was causing the logo to be removed. In order for this to be correct, there needs to be proof that the logo existed before the grille was installed.

Since I was not satisfied that the assertion was proved, my response was "not necessarily" - meaning there isn't sufficient proof that one thing resulted in the other thing.

To put it another way: the bus(es) without the logo may not have had one before the grille was installed.

Is pointing out a flaw in logic pedantry? Pointing out spelling/typing errors definitely would be.

The Love Guru

See image above Barry, I think I found an image that is suitable for those you are pedanting with.

Bus 503

Quote from: The Love Guru on August 09, 2015, 04:08:32 PM
See image above Barry, I think I found an image that is suitable for those you are pedanting with.

Me thinks he shouldn't have thought that the picture was actually the detector. Woops.

Busfanatic101

Quote from: Barry Drive on August 09, 2015, 03:46:08 PM
To explain: the assertion was that the new grille was causing the logo to be removed. In order for this to be correct, there needs to be proof that the logo existed before the grille was installed.

From my not-so-focused-on-the-back-logo observations, I have seen many with the logo half covered by the grille, so I doubt they would be removed due to the grille. ie. they don't mind having a half logo there, so unless there was a purpose, like a new logo being applied, they won't bother removing it. From this logic,of the buses that had a rear logo in the first place, there won't be any that have lost its logo from the grille: there will just be some who have a new logo or have a half-covered logo

ajw373

Quote from: Barry Drive on August 09, 2015, 03:46:08 PM

Since I was not satisfied that the assertion was proved, my response was "not necessarily" - meaning there isn't sufficient proof that one thing resulted in the other thing.

To put it another way: the bus(es) without the logo may not have had one before the grille was installed.

Is pointing out a flaw in logic pedantry? Pointing out spelling/typing errors definitely would be.

So typical action (in)consistency.

King of Buses

Buzz Killington

Bus 503

A northbound heritage shelter on Stuart Street was fenced off today (wasnt the one that says Stretzeleki crescent)
On a quick look, the shelter had been vandalised with cracks to the chairs and much more..... Wonder if this shelter will go.

King of Buses

Quote from: Bus 503 on August 12, 2015, 05:49:03 PM
A northbound heritage shelter on Stuart Street was fenced off today (wasnt the one that says Stretzeleki crescent)
On a quick look, the shelter had been vandalised with cracks to the chairs and much more..... Wonder if this shelter will go.

I can't remember if I reported it or not, or if anyone else did for that matter, but the one of Macgregor Cres Deakin was the same and I believe it was removed...

Barry Drive

Quote from: King of Buses on August 12, 2015, 07:13:44 PM
... the one of (sic) Macgregor Cres Deakin was the same and I believe it was removed...
Not removed. Shelter has been repainted. (Green and cream, funnily enough.)

King of Buses

Quote from: Barry Drive on August 29, 2015, 07:07:09 PM

1. Thanks for showing me which thread I originally mentioned it in..
2. I reported it in the 'Bus Stop modifications' thread a little while ago...

Barry Drive

Bus 503

Quote from: Barry Drive on August 29, 2015, 07:07:09 PM

Quote from: Bus 503 on August 12, 2015, 05:49:03 PM

Stuart street shelter looks to be in the process of being re painted... And fixed!

King of Buses

Quote from: Barry Drive on August 29, 2015, 07:39:47 PM
2. No, you didn't.

Touche.  I meant to have reported both of them given I saw both on the 934 today though...sorry, I thought I had.

King of Buses

Am I going crazy or are the STAGs and artics missing most of the yellow strap things for standees that they used to have? The artics seem to only have 4 straps instead of like 8 or 10 of them (only over the first lot of sideways seats - none over luggage rack anymore for example). If so, why are they removing them?

(Love Guru don't answer the 'am I going crazy' bit please   ;D)

Barry Drive

Can't speak to artics or 14.5m Scanias, but certainly the B depot MAN A69s have had the straps removed from all but the wheelchair bay area. I think there are now only 3 straps on each side.

Why? Maybe you could ask ACTION on Facebook for an official answer.

They aren't really needed in areas where there are stanchions available, anyway.

Bus 503

What??!?!?!?! I pretty sure this is an error!

Barry Drive

Quote from: Bus 503 on September 02, 2015, 05:04:52 PM
What??!?!?!?! I (sic) pretty sure this is an error!
Update: yes, it's an error. That stop number has been relocated to Southern Cross Dr. But obviously it's not been fully updated in the NXTBUS data base.

Bus 503

Quote from: Barry Drive on September 02, 2015, 06:00:12 PM
Update: yes, it's an error. That stop number has been relocated to Southern Cross Dr. But obviously it's not been fully updated in the NXTBUS data base.

Emailed TAMS (about a week ago,) see what they do...

In the picture above, you can see that 559 has a small puddle of liquid under it. What substance is this? Why is it there?

Does anyone happen to know what this bus stop right of City west near SOM used to have buses service? Many cars park there for their own exclusive use which seems a bit against the rules.
(Yes, I know that this post may not be completely all suited to this topic.)

ajw373

Looks like water, which comes from the a/c unit.

King of Buses

Quote from: Bus 503 on September 11, 2015, 07:54:51 PM
Does anyone happen to know what this bus stop right of City west near SOM used to have buses service? Many cars park there for their own exclusive use which seems a bit against the rules.

QCity often use this as a layover stop instead of the main layover. Unsure of actual route buses ever going there though...

Bus 400

In previous networks, City West has been packed. So route buses have parked there & in the median strip.

Technically, only ACTION Buses are allowed in the layover. So Murray & QCity (&other non-ACTION buses) buses should use this on road layover.

But I'm not one for reading certain parking signs.

The Love Guru

If I'm correct that stop outside City West was put there for route 301, the free city loop. It was also the driver change over location.

Barry Drive

PM's XI is coming up this week. I wonder whether 986 be brought out to assist with the shuttles.

Sylvan Loves Buses

I was out around Mitchel/Gungahlin yesterday riding around to all the terminus's and stuff, when I rode past some sort of vehicle storage/parking facility with trucks, mini-buses etc. As I was going past I saw the back end of one of the old MAN ACTION buses, such a surprise, mostly as I've never seen one in person before, only pictures. I couldn't get a good look at it, but I'm very sure that's what it was. Just a quick question about it, is that bus by any chance the one RATEC are fixing up???

Buzz Killington

Yes, that's ex ACTION Bus 494. It's an MAN SL200 owned by RATEC.