Bus advertising discussion

Started by Busnerd, November 23, 2009, 06:47:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

King of Buses

Some Sydney Mercedes O405NH's have the same Maccas ad too...

Quote from: Captain Skybed on September 24, 2014, 09:32:11 PM
I got 469 yesterday and I'm 99.99999999% sure it had the ad.

I'm pretty sure it does too...

Busfanatic101

I got 469 yesterday and I'm 99.99999999% sure it had the ad.

I was on 469 again today and it absolutely definitely didn't have it.

Quote from: ... on September 24, 2014, 07:22:13 PM
The #s I managed to get out of all the Macca's Monopoly ads i've seen so far are 466, 467, 482, 485, 488.

469 is the only 1 which I have recorded without this ad so far, it didn't have it when I was on it this afternoon.
To add to the list of STAGs with the Macca's ads=470, 471, 476, 487.

To sum up the Data, the STAGS with the Macca's ad are:

464: Yes?
465:?
466:YES
467:YES
468:?
469:Definitely NO
470:YES
471:YES
472: ?
473: YES
474: ?
475: NO
476: YES
477: NO
478:YES
479: YES (Lachie)
480:?
481: YES
482: YES
483:?
484:No
485:YES
486:NO
487:YES
488:YES
489:?

Articulated buses: 513, 519, 522, 527, 528

This List is being updated as more buses are confirmed (Latest update: 22/10/14)

King of Buses

Like 510 (as reported on twitter), 521 now has a rear ad covering the whole back of it...its something to do with speeding...that's I all I say of it anyway...It must've received it somewhere this morning as it didn't have it the first time I saw it (0800ish?)...Or at least I don't think it did...

Buzz Killington

Not sure if it's new, but 320 has a large Noggi ad on the nearside.

smitho

Quote from: Buzz Killington on October 06, 2014, 10:07:45 PM
Not sure if it's new, but 320 has a large Noggi ad on the nearside.
Pretty sure that one has just appeared over the weekend.

Busfanatic101

519 now also has a rear ad along with the maccas monopoly ad

smitho

Quote from: ... on October 16, 2014, 05:22:35 PM
519 now also has a rear ad along with the maccas monopoly ad

oh yuk!

Buzz Killington

509 has a rear ad for NSW Police / Transport for NSW

Busfanatic101

Other 360UA Rear Ads

• 509 has a NSW policing ad for speeding
  • 519 and 522 has an ad for The Europe Travel Expo at the NCC
  • Unknown # has an ad for NXTBUS telling commuters to not miss the bus

King of Buses

Quote from: ... on October 20, 2014, 06:42:46 PM
Other 360UA Rear Ads

• Unknown # has an ad for NXTBUS telling commuters to not miss the bus

Busfanatic101

Quote from: Buzz Killington on October 17, 2014, 02:51:48 PM
509 has a rear ad for NSW Police / Transport for NSW

Whats with NSW Policing advertising on ACT buses? why don't they advertise on NSW Buses instead. Would think that makes more sense...

Bus 400

Showing NSW residents that NSW Police are anywhere at anytime.
Pity they didn't put these ads on the Irisbuses when they were being sent interstate for works. Or even on the new Scania's being delivered.

Busfanatic101

What I believe is the first ever rear ad on a STAG seen today on 473

King of Buses

Quote from: ... on October 22, 2014, 07:30:37 PM
What I believe is the first ever rear ad on a STAG seen today on 473

477 has one too. Similar to the holiday ad or whatever it is on come scania artics

Busfanatic101

Quote from: King of Buses on October 23, 2014, 11:35:31 AM
477 has one too. Similar to the holiday ad or whatever it is on come scania artics

466 has one too. It's the Europe travel Expo Ad, and I believe it's identical to those found on artics.

Lachie

515... I think also has a nxtbus ad.

Lachie

Also 319 is ad paradise with 3 ads: Crime stoppers, allhomes and recycling.

Busfanatic101

465-467 also have the travel expo rear ads

Busfanatic101

Just wondering about the Right ad on 442, it says

"Harry [picture of a dog] loves gardens"

and gives no indication what its advertising or the company/ organisation it is advertising for...
any ideas?

Buzz Killington

King of Buses

324 has a large ad for Active Leisure centre

Barry Drive

Fleet wiki has been updated to include reported / known advertising changes, but it is far from complete (given how many ads there are at the moment).

So if you want to report more ads: note them here, send me a PM, send a message to ACT Bus on facebook, post a photo to facebook (or in a facebook message) or use the "contact us" form.

The Europe holiday expo and Maccas monopoly ads were not included in the update since these ads have been, or are about to be, removed. New McDonald's ads have appeared this week on STAGs and artics, but can't be sure if it's the same vehicles as previously reported.

King of Buses

Quote from: ACTbusspotter on November 04, 2014, 12:00:12 PM
The Europe holiday expo and Maccas monopoly ads were not included in the update since these ads have been, or are about to be, removed. New McDonald's ads have appeared this week on STAGs and artics, but can't be sure if it's the same vehicles as previously reported.

A few of them are the same (520, 523...etc)

Busfanatic101

ACTION's "If you see something, say something" campaign now has it's own ad, on the back of 524

King of Buses

Quote from: ... on November 17, 2014, 02:53:05 PM
ACTION's "If you see something, say something" campaign now has it's own ad, on the back of 524

525 has one too. I'm not sure the dream bus comp. thing is still there.

Busfanatic101

things to look out for include SUBWAY Ads on the RIGHT of STAGs. Also, allhomes miniads covering the window of MANs & SCANIA 94UBs have had a white thing put around it, to cover the entire top half of the back and cover all parts of the window.

Buzz Killington

Quote from: ... on December 02, 2014, 08:56:43 PM
things to look out for include SUBWAY Ads on the RIGHT of STAGs.

They are also on the LEFT of STAGs

Busnerd

Makes me miss the days of consistent ad sizes. Cheaper companies seem to just make up different sizes/positions as they go, back in the Buspak days you'd pretty much always have them the same shape/size, nowadays the buses just look messy :(

Barry Drive

Donut King side ads are starting to appear again.

One or both of the Nightrider full backs (422 & 425) have been replaced by a full back for Enlighten festival.

Busfanatic101

Quote from: ACTbusspotter on January 08, 2015, 01:12:47 PM
Donut King side ads are starting to appear again.

One or both of the Nightrider full backs (422 & 425) have been replaced by a full back for Enlighten festival.
425 was still nightrider 2 days ago (afternoon)

Buzz Killington

Some new BCC ads have appeared - the placement is rather interesting and something we haven't seen before

Barry Drive

Just in time for the return to school - new McDonald's ads are appearing on the STags and possibly the artics. They are in addition to the Donut King ads.

Sir Pompously

Quote from: Buzz Killington on January 19, 2015, 08:41:25 AM
Some new BCC ads have appeared - the placement is rather interesting and something we haven't seen before
Is that the side ads only over the windows? Saw one the other night, only thing I can think of is that they don't want to rip up the paint when they take off the ads :-P

Buzz Killington

Those are the ones. The irony being most of the buses they're on have panel damage which would be covered if they had ads on them..

Busfanatic101

Quote from: Buzz Killington on January 19, 2015, 08:41:25 AM
What were they thinking doing the MkIs?? (at least 855 and 865 have been done). Unless there gonna keep them for a while longer (please)...

King of Buses

Quote from: Busfanatic101 on January 28, 2015, 08:00:47 PM
What were they thinking doing the MkIs?? (at least 855 and 865 have been done). Unless there gonna keep them for a while longer (please)...

853 has it too. Thats a good bus. But I am sick of my view being restricted by AOA and these new ads. At least 10 of the buses I got today had some sort of ad in my way! Really annoying! >:(

The ads aren't that hard to see through, though?

King of Buses

Quote from: 743 on January 29, 2015, 07:40:23 AM

No, but they are annoying in any case!

Skitube

very annoying when you're trying to photograph something out of the window...

Then get off the bus, photograph the thing, then continue your journey. Buses aren't mobile devices for photography.

King of Buses

Sometimes you see something unusual out of the window and may wanna take a photo of it. e.g. a endura qcity bus...which you can't with some BCC kids face on the side of your bus!

Busfanatic101

Quote from: 743 on January 29, 2015, 07:40:23 AM

They hurt your eyes if you're right up against them. I certainly preferred the old ad placement, actually, the old ads themselves were better

Skitube

Quote from: 743 on January 29, 2015, 07:24:24 PM
Then get off the bus, photograph the thing, then continue your journey. Buses aren't mobile devices for photography.

good idea, considering most buses in canberra operate to hourly frequency on weekends...

King of Buses

Quote from: Skitube on January 30, 2015, 08:13:49 PM
good idea, considering most buses in canberra operate to hourly frequency on weekends...

Most on weekdays run hourly too. During off peak or in the evenings that is

The Love Guru

It's all good to enjoy buses and have an interest but a little life balance is required. You guys are getting intense about the placement of an ad.
Could it be possible the ads are being put there to reduce the sun and therefore heat entering the bus?

King of Buses

518 now has a rear ad for Bendigo Bank. Same to assume that other artics have, or will receive this ad too. Most STAGs I've seen lately do not have any ads.

Barry Drive

Don't know if it was luck or intentional, but Go Transit have discovered that the Renault bus-back ad can be placed between the top of the engine grille and below the rear window on the PR100.3s. All they need to do is cut a hole for the brake light.

Currently only on 116, but likely to spread to the rest of the fleet soon.

King of Buses

I saw an artW at a distance today with two ads on the offside. One on each section of the bus. I don't know what it was for other than the fact that it was red.

The Love Guru

Just use "artic". As we don't have anything other than Scania artics in the fleet, everyone knows what artic is referring to.

Barry Drive

Those two red ads on the artic (507) are for Ochre Health Centre, Casey.