USA and other Imports

Started by Buzz Killington, December 28, 2007, 05:12:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Buzz Killington

twix is the only candy with the cookie crunch

Busnerd

I popped into WarrSugFix today (Warringah Mall Sugar Fix) and purchase many a item,

I got some twizzlers, some apple soft drink and about four packs of pop tarts!

They also offer online sales I believe..http://www.sugarfix.com.au/

lukeo25

i got apple fanta 2day from tughub and it is the best taste going back wednesday for another 2 cans if there is any left

bubzie

Ha, thought i saw you there :P

(Didnt sound stalkerish at ALL..)

Hmm. Might go back there tomorrow. Might buy some more apple fanta. And clearly leave two cans there :P

And mmmmmmm pop tarts. I wish there was somewhere in canberra that had them. (Heck, i'd personally drive..yes thats right i have my p's! to gungahlin to get them!)

Busnerd

I enjoyed a choc fudge pop tart thisarvo...yum..and four locations in sydney sell them.. so stock up when ur next here peoples.

Buzz Killington

City Interchange IGA now has pop-tarts, and they have a LOT of them. I only saw 2 packs (i.e. not the boxes of 5) but they had a bunch of flavours. They were between the deli and the checkouts.

bubzie

arrgh! i was in civic today, and was filling in time, and thought "i should look in iga if they've got anything.." and didnt.

Arrgh. Will go to civic, and fufil my pop-tart cravings.

Buzz Killington

the pop tarts are GONE. :(

they do however, now have a few US chocolate lines - i saw junior mints, reeces pieces, peanut butter m&m's and possibly mike n ikes

Snorzac

Hawker IGA has Cherry Coke now and HAWKER VILLAGE BAKERY may order some in the near future

bubzie

civic iga definatly have pop tarts, and a load of candy. And a load of drinks.
Huzzah!

Buzz Killington

sweet, im checking that out next week.

Hub at tuggers had grape, strawberry and fruit salad fanta last week, and a lot of it.

They also had grape kit kats. Didnt actually taste that bad

lukeo25

yes hub had fruit punch fanta and my "local" shop has cherry coke and pop tarts and various other things and when i went to sydney a few weeks ago with college i spent $41.50 on imports from england and the U.S of A

bubzie

oh, and i was originally going to post this!

There's a candy shop in gold creek, near the ..pub and all that.
And they have heaps of sweet, sweet candy. (haha)
Hurrah.

lukeo25

they also have american stuff sometimes

Busnerd

I found some interesting drinks at miracle supermarket rhodes the other day including...

White apple zero schweppes
Pina Colada schweppes
Polano? scheweppes which looks like mandarin and something else

bubzie

I am currently eating chocolate mix skittles.

THEY ARE BLOODY WELL AWESOME!!

(Seriously, iga in the bus interchange has sooo much more american candy every time i go there. yay)

Busnerd

those have been out for ages, they are pretty bland...

we tried to buy some out of a vending machine at miranda but it refused to vend them and said CHOOSE ANOTHER

lukeo25

saw these on the Buspedition on 16th december whilist in civic at the supa IGA, $17 a box because 4 days later i went to get 2 boxes :D, don't know if they are still there if they are and i have enough money i will buy as many as i can :D

Sir Pompously

Yes they are, have been there for Ages. They also now stock a range of Bluebird New Zealand 'Crisps' and other snacks, along with other types of Pringles like Roast Baked Potato, Barbeque and others. They have a chocolate bar from Cadbury that is New Zealand as bro, in the shape of a thong I believe.

Snorzac

Hawker IGA now has a similar drinks range to that of East Row IGA

lukeo25

my local shop has a lot of american things like pop tarts, cherry coke, dr pepper, peanut butter cups among other things

bubzie

deakin iga has a fair bit of candy, and dr pepper, and ..blueberry flavoured chewing gum.

bubzie

holt iga has...strawberry fanta.
and they had a ticket for grape fanta, but alas, there was none..

I'm actulary planning to go to all of ze iga's in canberra, and see if they have anything.....yeah, i'm that bored.

lukeo25

strawberry fanta= yummy they have the stuff in hub in tuggers

bubzie

isabella plains iga - they had cherry coke. nothing else.
banks iga - nothing at all. epic fail.

and, i found out today, that blockbusters in lanyon has dr pepper, cherry coke, and strawberry fanta. i went there, and they had diet dr pepper and fanta, but they...apparently do have cherry coke as well. Huzzah.

Buzz Killington

i was at Isabella IGA less than a week ago and i saw Butterfingers and Hershey's in their chocolate aisle.

lukeo25

erindale blockbuster has Diet Dr Pepper tasted like **** and normal Dr Pepper (i do my WEX there $3 a can rip off in my terms as i can get it $1 cheaper in civic)

Snorzac

Hawker has a range of American sweets including Hershey's and Peanut Butter Cups. The drinks they stock include DR Pepper, Cherry Coke, Strawberry Fanta and another Fanta that is in a yellow can.

Buzz Killington

Yellow?

Any chance you can check that out and let us know what flavour? Passionfruit was always my favourite Fanta, and Pineapple is awesome too. If its either one of those I may have to go out there and get some.

Sir Pompously

Pineapple I believe is the Yellow can. Do you know, Zac, if it is Indonesian (Will have Rasa written on the can), Hong Kong, British or American?

At Rockdale Station on a platform vending machine they have Raspberry Fanta in 600ml bottles. Yummy.

Snorzac

I'm not sure, I will check it out

Buzz Killington

I'll answer my own question here, it was Pineapple.

Also, Hawker shops are a dive. Yuckkkk

Buzz Killington

dump
hole
dirty
feral
disgusting
ugly
bogan
unsightly
unattractive

Sir Pompously

Unappealing
Nasty
Unpleasent
Distasteful
Repellent
Uninviting

Just to add to that list.

And as I asked Zac, Snrub old bean, what country is the said Pineapple Fanta from? I went down and grabbed a few can's of A&W Cream Soda from East Row IGA and boy howdy do I love that stuff. Guru and Stretch both tried 'Dirty' brand chips, only for the Guru to comically declare "Where's the flavour?"

Snorzac

They are in the middle of a refurb, when was the last time you were there?

Buzz Killington

umm.. 17:25:04 today.

Pompously, its from the US. $2.69

Snorzac

Ha, only 10min after me. You better be careful what you say my girl friend works there.

Buzz Killington

well i actually wandered around the store for a litlte bit. Who knows.. i may have seen you!

Busnerd

For those interested, a chocolate shop up here has pineapple fanta for $2 a can, you can also buy packs of 12 for $20.40

lukeo25

well i tried some chocolate mix skittles 2day from the lolly shop opposite the braidwood bakery and they tasted good and i have also had cherry pepsi from east row iga it tasted like cherry coke

Buzz Killington

Quote from: lukeo25 on April 07, 2009, 09:21:05 PM
i have also had cherry pepsi from east row iga it tasted like cherry coke

funny that!

bubzie

Went to isabella today, and found said chocolate and such.
They were sold out of everything except junior mints and hersheys.
Richardson doesnt have anything, im positively sure...they didnt have cherry coke/dr pepper .etc, so im guessing not.

Bus 400

Tried a can of Cherry Coke from IG City Interchange & I hated it, tasted like cough medicine

CNG

The lolly shop at gold creek, federation square. All that American stuff, yum yum :)

Busnerd

Bus 400 - i totally agree! Cherry is not a nice flavour for a drink...I wish someone would make my patent pending orange coke....

Seriously try it, get one postmix coke and add one orange slice and stir, its a really nice flavour

lukeo25

Sir Pompously

I, along with many Americans and Europeans, find that Cherry is a nice flavour to drink.

A list of coka flavours can be found in the Coke Wiki article http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coca-Cola

p_stampy

In the Supabarn part of the canberra centre, there is an open lollie stand that has been there for a few weeks now.

It kind of reminds me of the lollie shop that was in belco until about 1992.

It looks like you pick what you want into a bag, then it gets weighed, then you pay.

I haven't actually checked it out properly as I don't eat lollies that often.

Sir Pompously

I know the one you are talking about, and I am sure T3 in Sydney now has one of these aswell. When I went past the price shocked me, so I stayed well clear.