806 At Hawkesbury Valley Depot

Started by Busnerd, October 31, 2011, 08:59:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Busnerd

Went on the Hawkesbury Valley Tour yesterday and found a Renault sitting in the yard, looked inside and saw it was 806 so I took a few photos. I love that after all these years the 'S' is still on the windscreen.

Nice shots. I don't think it looks too bad in that livery.

Buzz Killington

Is that a brown vinyl seat at the front?

Looks like she's seen better days. Love the duct tape over the desto controls

The Love Guru

Quote from: Buzz Killington on October 31, 2011, 07:23:51 PM
Is that a brown vinyl seat at the front?

Looks like she's seen better days. Love the duct tape over the desto controls

Duct tape? Looks like there is just a hole there to me, you can see the wiring through it.

Buzz Killington

You're right.. Wasn't a perfect angle on my laptop and looked like duct tape with a bit of a wrinkle :)

Busnerd

Yes it is a retro fit seat with brown vinyl where the bag rack once stood

Simes

Quote from: Chris_Guru on October 31, 2011, 08:31:10 PM
Duct tape? Looks like there is just a hole there to me, you can see the wiring through it.
This looks to be one of the Renaults that Busabout purchased off ACTION, they had mobitecs installed were used here in Sydney for a few years on all routes, they then lost the mobitecs and were transferred to Wagga Wagga/Harden and used on school runs

volvo

What's the S on the windscreen about?

Bus 400

Quote from: volvo on February 02, 2012, 01:36:10 PM

Tuggeranong Depot buses use have that 'S' sticker, so that whoever needed to know could tell it was a Tuggeranong Depot bus.
These days (as long as the bus driver is playing nicely) the public can just glance over at the 2-way. Plus whoever it is that needs to know should be able to check a database.

belcodriver

Quote from: Bus 400 on February 02, 2012, 02:59:00 PM
Tuggeranong Depot buses use have that 'S' sticker, so that whoever needed to know could tell it was a Tuggeranong Depot bus.
These days (as long as the bus driver is playing nicely) the public can just glance over at the 2-way. Plus whoever it is that needs to know should be able to check a database.

Larger and closer to the passengers than the 2-way is the sticker that says where to park the bus in the depot. It says "Park BUS X in Y" if Y is numbers only it's Tuggy, if there's a letter it's Belco.

Buzz Killington

Quote from: volvo on February 02, 2012, 01:36:10 PM

In addition to all the (then) Tuggy buses having the 'S' sticker on the windscreen, you can still see the same 'S' on the external 'TUGGERANONG BUS DEPOT' signage. It started to fall of track when some buses got transferred and stickers weren't removed or applied. Or in this case, remained on the bus about seven years after it was sold.