Bus Stop and Shelter discussion

Started by route56, August 13, 2011, 03:24:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vnguyen

The 4 stops in Fyshwick 2 on Gladstone St and the Townsville St won't be used any more.

smitho

New, yet-to-be-opened city-bound bus stop on the Cotter Rd at the Streeton Drive intersection is a puzzle...just why you'd place a stop at such a location is a bit obscure to me.

King of Buses

Quote from: smitho on September 08, 2014, 11:16:39 PM
New, yet-to-be-opened city-bound bus stop on the Cotter Rd at the Streeton Drive intersection is a puzzle...just why you'd place a stop at such a location is a bit obscure to me.

Sounds a bit like that stop under the Monaro Hwy bridge on Canberra Avenue for the 200. Although they'd probably say Narrabundah residents would use that even though to get to it they'd have to cross that drainway and line of trees. Stop 1825 on Anketell St at Pitman Street has also closed recently. It was open (and shown on NXTBUS) last week on Monday but wasn't yesterday. Blades and road markings were gone too. Makes some sense as Tuggy Interchange is just round the corner, but many people got out there for the shopping strip there...

The Love Guru

Too many complaints about buses not being able to stop there due to cars always parked in the stop. Remove the stop and the complaints disappear! It was an issue with enforcement of parking rules rather than anything ACTION wanted to do. I'm sure if the cars weren't an issue the stop would have remained in service.