News and their research

Started by ScaniaDriver, August 26, 2009, 02:00:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ScaniaDriver

I love it how the media find footage/photos to go with stories. How many times have we seem UTA coloured buses when the story was featuring an STA bus in the current times.

Qantas (until the recent acquisitions of the A380) often showed the footage of VH-EBQ 742 (747-200) departing Sydney for Cairns.

Now, in this story, it's an SP!! Qantas hasn't had their two 747SP's since 2001!!

http://www.news.com.au/story/0,23599,25983507-2,00.html?from=igoogle+gadget+compact+news_rss

Norbert

Snorzac

WIN news still play footage with the route 117 in it and Scanias that don't have bike racks

Sir Pompously

Ohhh it is so cute and stumpy, the best 747 ever. Shame a Qantas one was not preserved in Longreach!

Good luck to the guy opening the door anyway, the pressure inside the cabin cannot allow the door to be opened mid flight where the cabin pressure is greater than that in the outside atmosphere. It must be pushed/pulled into the cabin first and then pushed/pulled outwards (It all depends on if you are opening it from the inside or the outside, in this case, the inside).

smitho

Now, in this story, it's an SP!! Qantas hasn't had their two 747SP's since 2001!!

Gee, I hadn't realised that QF had hung on to their SPs right up until 2001 - they must have been approaching 20 years old by then. But then, they have some pretty ancient B737s flying into Canberra still! Good old Qantas....I notice on their older 737s, they just identify them as a "Boeing 737" rather than say a "Boeing 737-400".

(I'm not saying that old planes are in any way unsafe - if anything, they can often be more reliable (safer?) than the newer aircraft models - ask your average LAME).

Sir Pompously

There is only one, from what I can remember in the fleet that has 'Boeing 737-400' on it.

smitho

Yes, I think you're right there. I'm pretty sure the newer model owned by Qantas (B 737-800s?) identify the model as Boeing 737-800.

Sir Pompously

Yes, the -800's have 'Boeing 737-800' on them. Their official designation is the 737-838.