Website | Forum | Gallery | Fleet Wiki
ACT Bus Forum

Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10
Fleet / Re: General Fleet Discusson
« Last post by triumph on Yesterday at 08:50:23 PM »
Well I spoke to a driver yesterday and he said it was due to the refuellers not being available until today, but very interesting that the choices would be to go with Renaults though.

Recently spoke with a driver who believed that the use of unusual buses last weekend was due to an 'industrial issue' resulting in refueller unavailability. Buses with fuel were used and as the weekend progressed, buses low on fuel needed to be replaced by buses with fuel. Apparently many of the Renaults had been refuelled earlier, so were an obvious resource.
Retail and Urban Planning / Re: Westfield Woden
« Last post by Toyota Camry on August 17, 2018, 11:29:32 PM »
The toilets located between the food court and Rashays are now closed for renovations; there is a temporary toilet located outdoors on the street near the food court windows. It was out of order today; it may be available for usage tomorow.
Fleet / Re: Alternative / Electric bus trial
« Last post by Sylvan Loves Buses on August 17, 2018, 09:50:54 PM »
It's probably that electronic component you speak of, cause all the other buses have that same fresh smell the Iris and Scanias had when they were new. I've ridden 710 a couple of times now, and although it has lessened now, that same smell I pick up from it is still there.
I may or may not have mentioned it before, but the first time I ever rode it, it was a full 300N so I presumed the smell was from someone, but the second time was weeks later with no one being on it for a while due to the drivers meal break and it was the same scent. Whatever it is, 712 doesn't have it, so it's either some part of the bus or an electrical part 712 doesn't use.
News / Re: ACTION Driver recruitment
« Last post by Bus 400 on August 17, 2018, 09:40:19 PM »

Transport Canberra is advertising for drivers; I am considering applying myself, if they could offer only weekend or after hours work, as I am engaged by the APS during the week. The pay rate is quite low by my standards; but it may be high to some.

https://www.jobs.act.gov.au/jobs/transport-canberra-and-city-services/temporary/sdc006,-several

You may actually want to read the ad, considering the ad is for weekend drivers.

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

News / Re: ACTION Driver recruitment
« Last post by Toyota Camry on August 17, 2018, 08:41:28 PM »
Transport Canberra is advertising for drivers; I am considering applying myself, if they could offer only weekend or after hours work, as I am engaged by the APS during the week. The pay rate is quite low by my standards; but it may be high to some.

https://www.jobs.act.gov.au/jobs/transport-canberra-and-city-services/temporary/sdc006,-several
Photo of the Month / Re: Photo of the Month - September 2018
« Last post by King of Buses on August 17, 2018, 05:47:10 PM »

BUS607 lays over on Terminal Ave at the CBR Airport between route 11A trips.

BUS379 lays over at City West.

Double 967?!? BUS360 lays over at Tuggeranong after operating a route 967, while BUS967, lays over at Tuggeranong before operating a route 968.
« Last post by triumph on August 17, 2018, 03:19:49 PM »
I haven't noticed any particular whiff on either 710 or 711. Perhaps the whiff was temporary from something caused by a passenger, or may be an electrical component was giving up the ghost and stinking (some types of materials used in electronic and electric components when being fried have very strong stinks. I experience an old fluorescent light blowing up at work. It rendered the whole office uninhabitable for several hours till the bromine like smell dissipated).
« Last post by Sylvan Loves Buses on August 17, 2018, 01:18:39 PM »
How did it smell compared to 710?
Fleet / Re: Utilisation of old buses
« Last post by Busfanatic101 on August 17, 2018, 09:15:26 AM »

If you are ever interviewed by myself, with myself being an EL1; you will not be offered a position, as I will remember this comment. There have been past non-performers in my section who have spent their work time sitting on Facebook or smoking cigarettes; they fought for their right of preference, it was their preference that saw their downfall, the downfall of anybody can be avoided by not offering a right of preference, this means everybody is the winner at the end of the day.

I'm not talking about time wasters or the right to mess around.

At the end of the day, EL1 is just a number. In a healthy work environment, there is mutual respect between workers across all levels. Those higher up should be working to nurture those below them. What I see from your comment is a very top down approach. Eliminating the say of workers is not the way to get better results. Good workers will go elsewhere, and others aren't influenced by expectations or 'rules' anyway.

As for me, I'm one with very good work ethics and firm values. You know very little about me, my personality, passion, achievements, or recognition. To cast judgement on a single comment (which I still very much stand by) shows a very narrow mindset. In the end, it's not my loss. Workers are human, not assets; if you don't value your workers, or they don't feel valued, you will lose them, or at least those that have that option, which will often be your better workers.
Fleet / Re: Minor Maintenance/Repairs Thread
« Last post by King of Buses on August 17, 2018, 08:37:00 AM »
My apologies; I was confusing it with one of the other Renaults in that livery, which I believe is a Belconnen bus. I will investigate to determine if 967 is operating that 775 trip on a regular basis; that route I believe is an express service via the Monaro Highway, it would be an enjoyable journey to travel on 967 along that route.

963 is at Belconnen. 967 and 971 are at Tuggeranong. None of them tend to be on the same shift and trips for multiple days in a row these days, from what I can tell, so chances are 967 won't appear on that 775 all too often, sadly. She is an absolute delight for trips along roads like the Monaro Highway  (and every trip anywhere, for that matter).
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10