Website | Forum | Gallery | Fleet Wiki
ACT Bus Forum

Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10
Routes and Timetables / Re: Network 2018
« Last post by Toyota Camry on Today at 07:33:40 PM »
Personally; my opinion is that if you are seeking a lifestyle without cars, you should move to another city, such as Sydney. Canberra has excellent roads for driving on, and that fact combined with small population makes it uneconomical to run enough buses.

My suggestion to you; is that if it is your desire to not ever drive, you should budget enough money to afford trips with taxi and ride sharing services, such as Uber, Ola, GoCatch, Canberra Cabs, Canberra Elite Taxis, CabXpress and ACTCABS.

The alternative, is to spend half of your life divided between sitting on bus stops, at bus stations and on buses taking the long way through the suburbs.
« Last post by Sylvan Loves Buses on Today at 12:42:45 PM »
It's not that I don't like cars, I just don't like your attitude on this matter.
I already do deal with that as I have done for the past 21 years...
Besides, fuel is expensive, taxis aren't cheap, and neither my mum nor I have a license, so what else am I suppose to do huh? I've been whining about buses for 20 years, it's not like I'm gonna stop...
Announcements and Guidelines / Re: ACT BUS Updates
« Last post by Barry Drive on Today at 09:21:10 AM »
Yes, I changed the squares recently. It basically represents your seniority on the forum. Once you go over 1000 posts, you'll get more squares.

As for the icons - no. The forum software only allows for "read" and "un read" icons.
« Last post by Snorzac on Today at 08:36:53 AM »
Lets be very clear, there is a direct service linking everywhere you want to travel in Canberra...its called a car, and if you don't like that then you need to deal with changing buses and sitting on buses like every other person in Canberra...
Announcements and Guidelines / Re: ACT BUS Updates
« Last post by Sylvan Loves Buses on Today at 04:09:44 AM »
Did something change recently, cause I could've sworn i had more than 1 of those yellow squares below my avatar a few days ago? What do the different yellow ones indicate anyway, cause I've noticed a few other members have 2 or three?

Also, still love the Renault fronts for the read/unread indicators, but have you possibly considered doing a bunch for each section of the board? Like having the Renault's for the old bus related boards, CNG or Euro front for modern, Bustech for the more active boards, and a LR and plane front or whatever for the others. Any chances of something along those lines?
« Last post by Sylvan Loves Buses on Today at 04:01:54 AM »
It's probably not needed for everyone sure, but it is a very handy thing to have.
I found it annoying when they put the 705 back to go through Weston, the route saved at least 15 minutes vs the 300s, more during peak before that, it's just too bad it was never made an all-day service cause trying to get home during the day for a quick little something, at night or on the weekend from a suburb of Belconnen on a 300 is one hell of a boringly time consuming journey, and much worse from Gungahlin - even though it's probably more unlikely that a Gungahlin to Woden/Tuggeranong service will happen now cause of the LR.
« Last post by Snorzac on Yesterday at 11:44:47 PM »
What is this alternative route you suggest? Coppins Crossing connects Denman prospect to belco

Sorry, late night post, left the important bits out....It only take three minutes extra between Denman Prospect and Belconnen travelling via the Parkway as opposed to Coppins Crossing, so there is your alternative if Coppins Crossing were to be closed.

Tuggeranong doesn't need a Belconnen direct service, a direct Molonglo to Belconnen service is warranted because of their proximity to each other and also with Molonglo still in the development phase it still lacks a lot of facilities, and due to the proximity of Belconnen it makes the most sense for a link via public transport in my opinion.
« Last post by Sylvan Loves Buses on Yesterday at 02:20:56 PM »
Well just from going over google street view of it, it doesn't look too bad. Albeit it may be dangerous at night and/or during heavy rain, the obvious alternative would be up Tuggeranong Parkway, it would only cost another 5 or so minutes which isn't so bad (provided there's no accident there too).

Personally I wouldn't vote for it if Tuggeranong doesn't get a direct Belco access too.
« Last post by Busfanatic101 on Yesterday at 09:05:03 AM »
What is this alternative route you suggest? Coppins Crossing connects Denman prospect to belco
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10